12 Days of Marvel *Updated (12/13/17)

Options

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, since the christmas vault came out I cleared it for 3470 iirc. It's actually pretty good value I would say, I got a huge chunk of iso, between the champ rewards and sold maxed 2* I got about 500 HP back, keeping me at 1500. Got 4* star lord from 3* champ, got my 4th Nick Fury cover from the token. I feel it was worth it to me
    In your situation, I would have adviced you to use all hp to building your roster, but we all need to let ourselves go a bit...

bluewolf said:
    Today I decided that for the rest of the days, I will use the “selected” character from my roster in the middle slot.  1.  It saves me searching for a replacement.  2.  It adds challenge for the one node.  Why not?  It is also amusing to wonder why certain ones get picked.  Is it the highest?  No, I think it is the lowest possible character.

Today Nightcrawler was picked (I have every character rostered besides 1*s and Archangel).  I ran him with Cloak and 4ist in the assumption I could flood black and Like Unto Iron.  Didn’t happen; purple everywhere. Bamf’ed ‘em all.
    I decided to pick team myself, but only from leaders affiliation, as I kinda think it should have been... And ignore gambit, cause Rogue and Xforce duo was easy enough.
  • Smart80
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    • Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
    • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    • Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    • Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    This is gonna be rough today... :-) 

edit: easier solution to it all, would be to boost the group for the day. Also would encourage people to play on the day it comes available, not wait till the end and do all 12 at once..

Edit2: nevermind, Phil, Nick and Bobbi had no real problem after all :-)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like this event - decent rewards, different characters required (finally some benefits for collectors) and no stupid level requirement. That is how SHIELD traning should work.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I like the event as well, enjoying it even if it's just 1 a day.

1 small suggestion for future things that require a team association - mark the team members in the roster on the team selection screen somehow. If you are requiring an attribute to play I shouldn't have to go to the forums or go digging through the info screens to find my options.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    • Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
    • Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    • Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    • Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    This is gonna be rough today... :-) 

edit: easier solution to it all, would be to boost the group for the day. Also would encourage people to play on the day it comes available, not wait till the end and do all 12 at once..

Edit2: nevermind, Phil, Nick and Bobbi had no real problem after all :-)
    You only needed to bring one character from that affiliation: there are no restrictions on who you bring as the other two team members.  If you can pass a story event mission with an undercovered essential character, this event shouldn't cause much trouble.
  • Smart80
    Options
    If you care to read more than one post in a topic, you’ll figure it out... ;-)
  • Smart80
    Options
    When reacting to last post, I didnt think that would be needed.. ;-) like now... :-)

Inhumans
      5*
        Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
      4*
        Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog)
        Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
        Quake (Daisy Johnson)
      3*
        Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    Small group, but should be easy today to meet extra requirements.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    When reacting to last post, I didnt think that would be needed.. ;-) like now... :-)

Inhumans
      5*
        Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
      4*
        Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog)
        Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
        Quake (Daisy Johnson)
      3*
        Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    Small group, but should be easy today to meet extra requirements.
    I wanted to put together a team of just those characters as that would be fun, but since of course the opponents have to be so jacked up that every power is a one hit kill that was a no go.  So much for fun...
  • Smart80
    Options
    Yeah, wasnt as easy as i thought originally, but i like the puzzle challenge, instead of just taking gambit out for another auto win...
  • Smart80
    Options
    Defenders
      5*
        Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
      4*
        Iron Fist (Danny Rand)
        Luke Cage (Power Man)
      3*
        Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
        Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
        Luke Cage (Hero For Hire)
    This ought to be too easy, although i might be forced to use 5* after all..
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Today I learned that Green Goblin is a Dark Avenger. :)
    While my GG is very very very boring at only 1 cover he was still a better option than to use any of the 2*s who are unchamped ATM. 
    Yea Norman Osborn was the one who put together the Dark Avengers in the Dark Reign storyline on which MPQ was originally based, so it makes sense
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    While my GG is very very very boring at only 1 cover he was still a better option than to use any of the 2*s who are unchamped ATM. 
    I took Ragfinity for a spin, as I never really had before. I matched six yellow right away my first two turns for IM40 and all his CDs resolved. I had made a few other red matches as well, and had heard 24 red AP was a good threshold to start firing. I made one more red match to hit that mark, and sure enough, the AI never got another turn. So I think the whole match lasted about five turns, then however long it took me to spam Rags red followed by Riri blue, then starting the cycle over with Rags red again. 
  • Smart80
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have a baaaaaaaaaad feeling about this challenge...

Dark Avengers
      5*
        Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
      3*
        Daken (Classic)
        Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)
        Sentry (Dark Avengers)
      2*
        Ares (Dark Avengers)
        Bullseye (Dark Avengers)
        Daken (Dark Avengers)
        Moonstone (Dark Avengers)
      1*
        Venom (Dark Avengers)
        Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers)
    Lol, had to use TUs, so did cheat a little bit, but only giving us 3s is not fair either.. :-)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    mexus said:
    I took Ragfinity for a spin, as I never really had before. I matched six yellow right away my first two turns for IM40 and all his CDs resolved. I had made a few other red matches as well, and had heard 24 red AP was a good threshold to start firing. I made one more red match to hit that mark, and sure enough, the AI never got another turn. So I think the whole match lasted about five turns, then however long it took me to spam Rags red followed by Riri blue, then starting the cycle over with Rags red again. 
    ahaha ... exactly what I did too! except it was a yellow starved board so IM40 didnt get to use his yellow until quite late
  • Smart80
    Options
    This is maybe easiest so far?

Sinister Six
      5*
        Doctor Octopus (Classic)
        Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
      4*
        Carnage (Cletus Kasady)
        Sandman (Flint Marco)
        Venom (Eddie Brock)
        Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
      3*
        Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
    It was :-) Carnage Sandman Vulture was no context...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    It was :-) Carnage Sandman Vulture was no context...
    I don't understand your comment without a frame of reference.
  • Smart80
    Options
    If you mean the word context, i understand as it was supposed to say contest and was autocorrected... and i say good one :-)

if not, enjoy reading the rest of the topic... ;-)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well done x2.
  • Smart80
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Who wants to explain todays group to me?

Champions
      4*
        Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
        Nova (Sam Alexander)
        The Hulk (Totally Awesome)
      3*
        Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    And I wouldnt be surprised if not many knew who could be used today... We should have essential options lined up in front of roster in team selection...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Who wants to explain todays group to me?

Champions
      4*
        Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
        Nova (Sam Alexander)
        The Hulk (Totally Awesome)
      3*
        Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
    And I wouldnt be surprised if not many knew who could be used today... We should have essential options lined up in front of roster in team selection...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_(2016_team)

We don't have Viv Vision or Teen Cyclops in-game yet...