Infinity Season *Updated (9/19/17)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted to see how most of the season landed for me before commenting.

First, I agree with the people that seems pretty clear they intend to shift to this system as this is the second test with the only change being adding it in a mini-season. I also agree with everyone else that 40 wins is a little too high compared to the old system... but not all matches are created equal. For Nefarious Foes, I started right at the beginning of the 4th timeslot (midnight for me) and started with 10 fights against seed teams (the Lightning Round play-style). All in all, I played about the normal amount of fights against actual player accounts that I normally do, maybe a couple more? And I only used one shield at around 4 hours left and with over 1000 points, when I normally use one or maybe two trying to get to the **** cover and stop there, but I don't always hit that mark. I started BFF on my normal timeslice (the last one) but forgot to start it early. Still had 3 seed teams at least. This one had a slow start for me as my play availability in the middle of the week was limited and I focused on Lightning Rounds over this event. BFF is normally less fun, but this system does have the advantage that you can juggle teams and not worry as much about defense as under the old system. Currently at 36 wins and will finish a few more and shield during lunch.

So for me, it can be anywhere from slightly more work to a lot more work for similar/better prizes. But I definitely feel for the players who are missing out on the 1200 progression since they moved those into the placement rewards, and for people who are only matched against rather tough fights (and the 5* rosters going through health packs fast) and have a larger number of matches to play for the same rewards.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I thought they were lowering the wins needed to 32 or so, but I guess the only change will be the addition of the mini-season rewards which aren't up yet. They will probably show at 8am EST when the first Nefarious foes starts.

The lack of change is a little disapointing, but still greatly preferred to the current system.

I figure hit the 10 seeds right away then 10 fights a day whenever it's convenient. Easy peasy and no stress of giving a tinykitty if I get attacked.
    First time Ive ever been there on the start of an event, played 11 seeds before it got interesting.

Dead easy head start on the 40 wins, made the 10cp in no time.