**** Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Options
123457»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What you can get for 120 CP: Six Classic Legends pulls or almost five Latest Legends pull. Fair chance of a fivestar cover then.

What you can get for 3600 HP: Three and a half roster slots. Or a tenpack of Heroic tokens with some change left over.

Yeah, I'd rather spend HP on the cover instead of CP.

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree, as long as the HP is available. Depending on your roster development and stage, this determines whether HP or CP are more easy to come by. Now, you do get a few other goodies along with the 3600 HP purchase that you wouldn't get with CP, but it's not really enough to sway the decision. This game values 3600HP as about $24.83 USD, and there's arguments about the $ value of CP.
    I like the idea that 120CP represents about a 6/7th's of a classic 5* opportunity. Spend the HP on this cover, Gamora is worth it. If it would cause you to then spend real $ on the game that's up to you, and good for the game!

On a side note, I just had Gamora down a 32K health Gorgon with her Deadliest Woman ability :)

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enemy of the State progression let me finally champ Thanos' adopted daughter. I've got R&G champed and I know the two of them with Medusa dominate the SHIELD sim like a plague of locusts, but can anyone suggest some other 4-star pairings they use Gamora in? My roster is up-to-date in signature below and my next champed 4-star is scheduled to be Coulson.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Enemy of the State progression let me finally champ Thanos' adopted daughter. I've got R&G champed and I know the two of them with Medusa dominate the SHIELD sim like a plague of locusts, but can anyone suggest some other 4-star pairings they use Gamora in? My roster is up-to-date in signature below and my next champed 4-star is scheduled to be Coulson.
    Spider Gwen also stuns two enemies at five purple, and her red does much better damage than Gamora’s.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Pairing Gamora with C&D and Blade works great, all active color powers. C&D uses purple and yellow, but more importantly they feed Gamora her black. This is great on its own, but you can get the surprise insta-kill more often with more black of course. Certainly Blade uses the red and green, and if he happens to get strikes out early, you'll also have attack tiles quickly from C&D's passive, or Gamora's black, which increases the damage output quickly. 

You can also sub in Coulson for C&D, his charge-swap sets up black and blue matches for Gamora, and sets a CD every time she fires that cheap blue stun.

There's tons of other combo's. Mockingbird is great for potentially earning free powers, and bring any green user (like Rogue). 
    And don't forget her old buddy 4* Star-Lord, who makes her blue cost only 4 AP. I'd use SL's red in this group as long as you have enough CD's out. Once again you'll need a good green user here, and I sure like Moon Knight since his blades will only cost 10 green AP (and you get the benefit of his purple passive). 

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It’s a 5* but 5* DD and Gamora are MAGIC together. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    @Tiger Wong 
    Yes, and do you bring a partner to purposefully destroy his green CD? Or just stick with Grocket?
  • Dormammu
    Options
    So Blade, Coulson, Mockingbird, and Starlord... none of which I have champed yet.   :D

Guess I'll stick with Grocket and Medusa until I expand my roster a bit!
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Well hey, if you need a good 3* to run with G4mora, look no further than 3* Iron Fist. His cheap purple to create black cascades, and his passive attack tile are great with her. He's even a decent 3rd when using 4*Grocket, in case you don't have Medusa available yet. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I have a Medusa but I noticed how effective Iron Fist in that slot while farming seed teams in his PvP event.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tiger Wong 
    Yes, and do you bring a partner to purposefully destroy his green CD? Or just stick with Grocket?
    Rogue can do it with her red. There's not a lot of chars actually able to do it that dont rely on a green skill (green being the board shake color), you could always use a tile swapper to set-up a match-4 for the AI.

Right now, if you do get the green CD fortified, you get the green AP and a duplicate CD but not the damage.
    (Goblin, Hawkeye & C4ge can do it)

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tiger Wong 
    Grocket is good. 
    Im a fan of Gamora/DD5 with....

4* Cage
    Medusa (of course)
    Wasp (cheap powers. Has an active yellow and gives stuns in 3 colors) 
    Invisible Woman (makes the team more defensive and protective but slower. Her green is better than DD at similar levels)

been thinking about with Vulture. Not sure about it yet. Rogue sounds good. I’m waiting on a Fisk rework. His black would be REALLY good with them if it was how it was before D3 made it wack. 

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Regarding Kingpin, they'd need to go way back because right now he "removes" CD tiles...   DD's tile needs to be destroyed or matched away (just tried it, KP pops the CD and thats it).