**** Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Options

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Ive champed her recently (thank you RNG) and she's boosted this week as well.

Conclusions, best stun in the game only behind Peggy & Iceman, she makes a lot of special tiles for cheap (9 black)

Be careful here because I think Dr. Strange (3* or 5*) might still be above her stun rankings, but I can't disagree that hers is top 5. 
    Surprisingly she has been working well with 5* and even 3* Star-Lord. He allows you to steal purple enemy-special tiles, which works wonders against 2*Bullseye in PvE for example. And these two have a perfect rainbow of actives, so you can bring any other complimentary ally, maybe someone with good passive(s) abilities like R4G.  

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been having a lot of fun this week with Gamora (5/3/5) being boosted - running her with 3* Iron Man + 3* strange or just 3* Iron Man + the essential character. Her red skill at 5 covers nearly one shots most characters/goons. Her blue ability is cheap enough that it can be used pretty effectively for stun juggling some of the more annoying goons. Her black is just an after thought in terms of I never plan on triggering the instant kill portion of it.

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mexus said:
    Any love for her?
    As for now I'm collecting ISO to champ Riri (a bit late to the boost-party!)
    However, after Riri I need to pick a new dude to champ.

Mordo?
    Sandman?
    Gamora?

Sandman is the only I have extra covers for. These will probably not expire before I have the ISO to champ him. However he's not a good boy at all!
    Is Gamora a better choice than a Sandman with 2 extra covers?
    It depends on your current roster and who you can pair her with. Her red isn't a top notch damage ability but with a few strikes on the board it can be pretty useful. 

Of the 3 you listed, I'd go Gamora. Personally I rarely use Mordo and Sandman I probably wouldn't dump iso on.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    Any love for her?
    As for now I'm collecting ISO to champ Riri (a bit late to the boost-party!)
    However, after Riri I need to pick a new dude to champ.

Mordo?
    Sandman?
    Gamora?

Sandman is the only I have extra covers for. These will probably not expire before I have the ISO to champ him. However he's not a good boy at all!
    Is Gamora a better choice than a Sandman with 2 extra covers?
    I think Gamora & Sandman are made to be paired. Sandman has a green stun, and alongside with Gamora's blue double stun, there's more chance to trigger her passive. Both Sandman & Gamora make a lot of special tiles that can fill the board + Sandman can potentially transform purple intro yellow. They are a rainbow team just by themselves, which is great too. Other than that I don't know the utility of Sandman right now, since you don't have so much strong yellow powers, and Cloak & Dagger can fill the roll of a yellow battery. Maybe C4ge could be a good ally for Sandman, or even Wasp. 

That being said, Mordo isn't bad either. His purple is a real powerhouse against teams that gather lots of AP (any team that have no active in one or more colors, ex Medusa, Carol, Blade). And Mordo goes well with Riri. In fact, I really recommend Riri, Carol & Mordo team-up. Lots of fun and utility. 

So I would say champ whoever you think you want to play more, and see who you want to pair them with. Gamora works well with Rocket & Groot & anybody that can help her to fill the board with special tiles. She works decent with Carol, but they overlap on black, so you need a strong third partner. 

Mordo works well with any team that doesn't have blue & purple (his black is not worth it). Carol, Blade & Mordo could work in that matter too. 

Or if you don't care about who you pair them with, just champ who you like most :)

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had a board with only 1 purple tile on it today and got back to back instant kills. Felt really good. 
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you have 4* R&G and Medusa champed already,  I would highly recommend champing Gamora immediately. That team in the Sim is near unstoppable. With R&G's strike tiles boosted beause of Gamora being a GoTG, you're dealing almost 2K dmg right from turn 1. You'll have the first enemy down within 3 or 4 turns. And they just keep rolling from there.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have 4* R&G and Medusa champed already,  I would highly recommend champing Gamora immediately. That team in the Sim is near unstoppable. With R&G's strike tiles boosted beause of Gamora being a GoTG, you're dealing almost 2K dmg right from turn 1. You'll have the first enemy down within 3 or 4 turns. And they just keep rolling from there.
    Yeah, they're nasty. I use Thing and Wasp, usually with my own R4G, to counter that initial damage. Only failed once so far when AI got one of those stupid miracle 5s in a cascade and wiped Thing on turn one.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mexus said:

Am I the only one that don't see the meaning of her red making damage then a countdown that makes more damage each turn? Why not just make all the damage at once? Is this just to make the attack a bit more unique?
    I'd love if the countdown had an effect if matched / destroyed, like generating red AP or purple strike tiles. As is now, it's just a useless gimmick.
    It dips on strike tiles multiple times and creates a bit of synergy with characters that benefit from countdowns. Also, I think it makes sense as it represents the victim bleeding out.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:

Am I the only one that don't see the meaning of her red making damage then a countdown that makes more damage each turn? Why not just make all the damage at once? Is this just to make the attack a bit more unique?
    I'd love if the countdown had an effect if matched / destroyed, like generating red AP or purple strike tiles. As is now, it's just a useless gimmick.
    Because you can shift the bleeding enemy to the back, where attack tiles don't reach. The mechanic requires the attack and CD damage being separate instances of damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:

I think the CD synergy makes it better than a useless gimmick, although it's unfortunate that the CD simply disappears when the target dies, and isn't created at all if you just kill them with Deadly Strike (1st world problems, I guess).

If the CD does nothing then it's pretty equivalent damage to an unboosted Combined Forces (doesn't destroy any tiles, I guess). 

If you get the full damage (which would include 5x Strike tile damage, if you have any, luckily she makes her own), you've accomplished a fair bit of damage, although you'll have had to pick a target who actually has that much HP.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Certainly it depends on the team you are using, but does anyone continually run her red at 5 covers? 
    I can't justify reducing her black or blue (on most teams). Countless times, her black fills all available purple tiles exactly, where it it were at 4 covers I would have an open purple tile remaining on the board.  In SIM, I'd say that I've gotten Deadliest Woman to fire in nearly half of all matches. Usually on the final enemy, but often for most of their health. {6K - 10K damage, average guestimate, is not bad at all for a passive that takes some work to set up} 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    I play her with 5 red, 5 blue and 3 black simply because I don't rely on her black passive to trigger. Her red is reliable damage, her blue is a reliable stun but her black is an unreliable gimmick. Most often when I've had all purple tiles covered with attack and strike tiles (hence expecting an instakill) I've had the enemy team making a match that generated new purple tiles.
    I think you're underestimating how good the tiles she produces at 5 covers in black. It easily surpasses whatever damage you might get out of red at 5 covers in the long run.

The red CD tile will either get matched away or destroyed, or the enemy will die before the CD even expires.

Regarding the instakill mechanic, I can reliably pull it off these days, it needs a bit of setup but its not that difficult to execute. Kill 1 enemy, get your AP ready, stun their team (preferrably use the stun on the char you dont want to kill right away), use black and try to make a match that has the lowest impact on the board configuration, safest is at the top. Look at how many purples are there as well before all that of course.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So...im in a litte 1/5/5 situation here with my Gamora and got a cover on the vine about to expire. As far as i know she is top tire 4* and i do have R&G champed who is a good partner. Is she worth 240 CP or should i wait until i get more covers on the vine or maybe even get one more red so i only have to spend 120 CP to champ her?

At the moment i got 320CP. Maybe buy LTs until i have 240 CP left and buy her out if i dont get useful covers? What would you do?

Thanks in advance :)
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    talleman said:
    So...im in a litte 1/5/5 situation here with my Gamora and got a cover on the vine about to expire. As far as i know she is top tire 4* and i do have R&G champed who is a good partner. Is she worth 240 CP or should i wait until i get more covers on the vine or maybe even get one more red so i only have to spend 120 CP to champ her?

At the moment i got 320CP. Maybe buy LTs until i have 240 CP left and buy her out if i dont get useful covers? What would you do?

IDK if she is worth 240 CP, since you can use Grocket with other Guardians as well. Maybe you should wait to get her covers and keep your CP. 

That being said, I like her very much, and I do use her with Grocket very often, but don't think that she is considered top tier by the vast majority of players. I think she is very good though. Her best skill is her stun, which I believe is the best stun in the game. Sure, Iceman can stun 4 turns, but Gamora stuns 2 enemies, and the fact that she chooses the second target random is a plus, especially when you have an invisible enemy (An invisible enemy can be stunned by this ability and while he is stunned you can deal damage to him). The stun also helps a lot toward black passive. Her black is also very good on its own, and when paired with Grocket it ensures that you constantly have special tiles on the board, hence higher damage overall. Her red is not bad either, but unfortunately you cannot play her 5/5/5. I personally use her at 3 red, because I pair her a lot with Grocket. I must admit though, that I rarely use her without Grocket. 

So it depends on what you want right now. If you cannot wait, it's not a bad deal to spend the CP, but if you are not super hurried to get her now, probably is best to wait. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just realised yesterday when looking at her cover that she not actually riding some sort of "space motorcycle" like I had always thought .... I think that circle in the bottom left corner tricked me

And in good news, after the next event, I will have Gamorpha at the ideal 4/4/4 cover distribution

• D4Ni13
    Options
    talleman said:

UPDATE: You will earn 1 red from the Enemy of the State PvE 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Gamorpha

Nice one.
    Stolen from the Puzzle Warriors
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Gamorpha

Nice one.
    Stolen from the Puzzle Warriors
    Sort of pointless in her dedicated thread, isn't it?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got progression reward from Enemy of the state and now Gamora is 2/5/5 and 2 covers on the vine. Lets say i get the HfH deal. Would you rather spend 3600 HP to champ her or 120 CP?
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    talleman said:
    Got progression reward from Enemy of the state and now Gamora is 2/5/5 and 2 covers on the vine. Lets say i get the HfH deal. Would you rather spend 3600 HP to champ her or 120 CP?
    3600 HP all the way for me. 120 CP is more important than 3600 HP in my opinion.