**** Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* version is level 213, what are the chances the champion rewards gets updated before I hit 223 for the next 4* cover?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    My 3* version is level 213, what are the chances the champion rewards gets updated before I hit 223 for the next 4* cover?
    I'm hoping they do the same for R4G as well, both 3* versions are at low 200's for me too. They may take a long time before updating champion rewards again though.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Nil. Updates to champion rewards occur every several months and we just had one.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim said:
    3/5/5 all the way. Her red is decidedly unimpressive, especially taking into account that the countdown has an expiration. I initially hoped that it would go off each turn like Torch's or Wasp's to combine well with characters that care for countdowns, but alas.
    Of interest, it does damage at the end of the turn (like Medusa's) rather than the beginning. And apparently continues to damage the character you hit with the power, not the one you're currently targeting. So that could have some fringe use, although presumably it also stops doing damage if that character is downed.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Her black is either going to be bad or or totally overrated, we will have to see in play.  I think we will see a lot more of carnage now, hope he spawns a purple attack tile and keep her from ever getting a chance to cast that power.  Even if black does not end up being a major game changer it will be useful against certain teams and she does a lot of indirect damage.  New Rocket and Groot and surprise Captain Marvel will make a killer team.

• Rick_OShay
    Options
    The stock price of 1* BW blue team ups continues to rise...
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As far as the code is concerned:

When it checks to see if it's time to proc her insta-kill, is it actually making sure there IS a purple special tile? Or will it proc on a board that has zero purple tiles (and therefore zero purple tiles that aren't friendly special tiles)?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    i'll try and get that condition and report back

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pogo said:
    As far as the code is concerned:

When it checks to see if it's time to proc her insta-kill, is it actually making sure there IS a purple special tile? Or will it proc on a board that has zero purple tiles (and therefore zero purple tiles that aren't friendly special tiles)?
    If that happened, it would be a spectacular bug, getting a kill, then failing to remove purple specials, but failing and potentially just continuing to kill everyone as they change positions. I sure hope the Developers have it right on release.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess another good friend of 3star IF. He needs purple, generate black. With good board can get minus one enemy very fast. On paper it seems like op, but gotta see how it works in "the field".
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really interested in seeing her black in the real battle. I like how the instaskill condition allows for many strategies. You can reduce number of purple tiles by converting them to other colours or destroying them so the condition is easier to met, or you can focus on spamming purple special tiles and destroy/remove enemy purple special tiles.

Since her red CD targets a specific character instead of the one in the front, I wonder how this will work with other defensive abilities. I'm thinking that her CD will ignore Spider Woman's black, Colossus' yellow and Thanos' green, since those powers only put those characters at the front. But how will it work with The Thing's yellow and Deadpool's black? I don't remember how these power interact with a random target damage like 4Blade's red so maybe it'll be the same. 

Unfortunately those defensive powers are never really an important part of the current meta, so I guess most people will go 3/5/5. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I´m imagining a team consisting of Guardians of the Galaxy only: 4* Rocket & Groot (3/5/5; strong Strike tiles, nice AOE plus AP generation), 4* Gamora (3/5/5; strong Strike tiles, stun, insta-kill) and Drax (3/5/5; passive damage, red nuke).  When you´re fighting against goons in PVE you could also replace Drax with 4* Star-Lord.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    I´m imagining a team consisting of Guardians of the Galaxy only: 4* Rocket & Groot (3/5/5; strong Strike tiles, nice AOE plus AP generation), 4* Gamora (3/5/5; strong Strike tiles, stun, insta-kill) and Drax (3/5/5; passive damage, red nuke).  When you´re fighting against goons in PVE you could also replace Drax with 4* Star-Lord.
    Yes good plan, and don't forget the Attack tiles from Gamora and possibly R&G that allow for doubling in on the strike damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tripling, with Rocket's Pack going also
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just test her passive. The countdown tile is not special tile. 

http://imgur.com/xY63ptY
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ant-Man trap doesn't count either. Basically almost impossible to trigger her passive
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ant-Man trap doesn't count either. Basically almost impossible to trigger her passive
    I did trigger her passive in my testing run. Yes, it requires luck and hope that no more new purple drops after match 3.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The best team I can come up built around her black passive would be her with Star-Lord and Cloak & Dagger. Cloak & Dagger creates black for Gamora and their yellow can remove special tiles as they come in a pinch. Star-Lord's purple to overwrite more pesky tiles and reduces the cost on Gamora's blue/C&D's yellow. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Just test her passive. The countdown tile is not special tile. 

http://imgur.com/xY63ptY
    Is that Thanos's countdown? Perhaps she can't down the target if she can't remove the special tiles.