**** Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    Since her blue stuns two enemies at 5 covers, would it create two tiles?
    Yes. Tested this in the Hunt event today. 2 attack tiles for the 3 & 1 turn stun :)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    The best team I can come up built around her black passive would be her with Star-Lord and Cloak & Dagger. Cloak & Dagger creates black for Gamora and their yellow can remove special tiles as they come in a pinch. Star-Lord's purple to overwrite more pesky tiles and reduces the cost on Gamora's blue/C&D's yellow. 
    According to someone CD tiles could not be considered special tiles, therefore Star-Lord's Purple CD tiles would actually not help you if you want to trigger her passive. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    The best team I can come up built around her black passive would be her with Star-Lord and Cloak & Dagger. Cloak & Dagger creates black for Gamora and their yellow can remove special tiles as they come in a pinch. Star-Lord's purple to overwrite more pesky tiles and reduces the cost on Gamora's blue/C&D's yellow. 
    According to someone CD tiles could not be considered special tiles, therefore Star-Lord's Purple CD tiles would actually not help you if you want to trigger her passive. 
    His CD tiles aren't purple anymore. They're just the color of the targeted tile. They may have to expire (when targeting enemy purple special) in order for the passive to work, but it would definitely not work if the enemy special was still there.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    D4Ni13 said:

Countdown tiles still count as special tiles. In the loaner node, I had a 5match and Hawkeye filled all purple tiles with his countdown.  Fulfilling the requirements being all purple needs to be friendly special tiles, the enemy was downed the next turn. 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    robertbah said:
    Just test her passive. The countdown tile is not special tile. 

http://imgur.com/xY63ptY
    Is that Thanos's countdown? Perhaps she can't down the target if she can't remove the special tiles.
    Yes, I was hoping the other way around. She still kill but fail to remove the only special tile. As many and myself found that hawkeye's purple countdowns are considered as special tiles, thanos countdown might just be an exception based on your explanation.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    First impression, very solid!  She is fast, her blue is probably the 3rd best stun in the game now, so great control give you time to set up the board for that black.  The black is a little hard to activate but awesome when it does.  Team her with somebody who generates strike tiles or who generates blue or black she is going to see a lot of play.  She is a perfect support character with the ultimate nuke, I still wonder how much use her nuke will get but I love the puzzle aspect of figuring out ways to maximize this.  I feel sorry for the next 4 star to be released they are going to have a lot to live up to after Rocket and Groot and Gemora.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pair her with Spider Gwen. Teenage Kicks double stun paired with Gamora's double stun using 2 different colors, and burst from Cherry Bomb vs Gamora's red (which people don't seem to like). Only issue is if web tiles end up on purple tiles, blocking Gamora's intant kill.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    robertbah said:
    Just test her passive. The countdown tile is not special tile. 

http://imgur.com/xY63ptY
    Is that Thanos's countdown? Perhaps she can't down the target if she can't remove the special tiles.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Otherwise, she'd be able to instakill every turn, because she wouldn't need to remove his tile. I know Thanos is her foster daddy, but that'd be a bit much! :D
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    pabasa130 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Countdown tiles still count as special tiles. In the loaner node, I had a 5match and Hawkeye filled all purple tiles with his countdown.  Fulfilling the requirements being all purple needs to be friendly special tiles, the enemy was downed the next turn. 
    Did it remove his Speedshot countdowns?
  • hopper1979
    We need to list the stuns that are not blue they should be good pairs with her.  You also answered a question I had about web tiles, I was wondering how they would be counted, so they screw up the combo.  

So non-blue stuns:
    1.  Thanos
    2.  Nick Fury
    3. The Thing
    4. Wasp
    5. Nova
    6.  Jean Grey
    7. Miles Morales
    8. Mordo
    9. Spider Gwen
    10.  Scarlet Witch
    11.  Gamora (cant use)
    12.  Doc Octopus
    13.  Mystique
    14.  Riri Williams
    15. Captain Marvel

Blue stuns:  
    1. Iceman
    2. Mr Fantastic
    3.  Howard the Duck
    4. Peggy Carter
    5. Spider Man
    6. Steve Rogers (*** and **)
    7. Daredevil
    8. Dr Strange (***** and ***)
    9.  Hawkeye (*** and **)
    10. Storm **
    11.  Black Widow *

I think I got them all but please list any I missed.  A little more stunning out there than I initially thought.  I would avoid the blue stunners for obvious reasons but there is some nice flexibility with the non-blue stunning group.

Nova should pair well his strike tiles paired with her attack tiles and their cheap stuns should be great, throw in Thanos to tank that group would be vicious.  

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    @hopper1979 Here are a few more stunners you may have missed:

1* Venom purple
    3* Luke Cage black
    4* Thor blue
    4* Spider-Woman red
    5* Steve Rogers yellow
    5* Green Goblin purple (if blue tiles are selected)
    5* Spider-Man green (in addition to blue)
    5* Black Widow black (passive)
  • hopper1979
    I figured I was missing some 5's have not had much experience with them.  Duh on 4Thor and 3Cage. :)

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    pabasa130 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

It did, yes. I can confidently confirm that 2HE speedshot purple tiles count as friendly special purple tiles for Gamora's black passive to activate. I activated it twice in my loaner nodes so far. All special tiles were removed.

Can anyone confirm if Antman's trap tile counts? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    pabasa130 said:
    pabasa130 said:
    D4Ni13 said:

It did, yes. I can confidently confirm that 2HE speedshot purple tiles count as friendly special purple tiles for Gamora's black passive to activate. I activated it twice in my loaner nodes so far. All special tiles were removed.

Can anyone confirm if Antman's trap tile counts? 
    It doesn't. And not only that but her other powers do not appear to overwrite the trap tile either.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Trap tiles did count as friendly special tiles at one point -- Phoenix's Psychic Flames would count them. Not any longer.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    The problem with the passive is that if you want it to go off consistently, any turn-ending match will have at least a 3/7 chance of adding another purple tile to the board. I think it would be best used with a character that has a round-ending power -- OML and Squirrel Girl are the only ones left, I think. And the enemies' turn will also have to be avoided -- easy if they're PVE enemies that can't make matches, hard otherwise.

Here's a strategy I came up with. You might also want a power that can get rid of purple tiles, like Quake's blue. Note that if there are 0 purple tiles on the board, it doesn't go off (its description fails Logic 101).

1. Use Gamora's black, The Deadliest Woman, to fill up the remaining purple tiles.
    2. Use Gamora's blue, Incapacitate, at level 5, then use it again on the unstunned enemy. Then put the enemy with only 1 turn of stun at the front.
    3. Use Squirrel Girl's yellow, The Bigger They Are, to end the turn.

9 black, 12 blue, 9 yellow total. With 18 black and 18 yellow you can down two enemies. Only needs 6 blue if there's an enemy downed. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Note that if there are 0 purple tiles on the board, it doesn't go off (its description fails Logic 101).

Not sure that's really fair; if there are no Purple tiles on the board then the statement simply doesn't apply. For all Purple tiles to be friendly special tiles, there must be at least one Purple tile on the board at all, otherwise you're dividing by 0 (dividing 0 by 0, certainly).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Interesting article. So basically what I said; if there are no Purple tiles on the board then the logical statement doesn't apply at all, and nothing happens. If there are Purple tiles on the board, then the logical statement can be applied.

Certainly they could have been more specific in the description to avoid this particular ambiguity, although even the shortest additional text is fairly clunky (in English):

"At the start of the turn, if there are Purple tiles on the board and all of them are friendly special tiles..."
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    We need to list the stuns that are not blue they should be good pairs with her.  You also answered a question I had about web tiles, I was wondering how they would be counted, so they screw up the combo.  

So non-blue stuns:
    5. Nova
    14.  Riri Williams

Nova should pair well his strike tiles paired with her attack tiles and their cheap stuns should be great, throw in Thanos to tank that group would be vicious.  

Be careful calling Nova's red, and Ironheart's green, stun abilities.
    Sending an enemy airborne does not qualify as a stun.