Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

18910111214»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    This will be the last time I do SCL9 the 4th round is almost impossible without a decent 5* to backup the main character 

ive champed most of the 4*s now so should have a good enough roster but the 5* node is ridiculously hard 

im only doing it this time for the iso but from next time I’ll be going back to 8
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    This will be the last time I do SCL9 the 4th round is almost impossible without a decent 5* to backup the main character 

ive champed most of the 4*s now so should have a good enough roster but the 5* node is ridiculously hard 

im only doing it this time for the iso but from next time I’ll be going back to 8
    Yeah, I'm getting torn apart on the third clear of 5* essential on CL9. I start ok, I have a Surfer at about 390, but that Rocket Man just devastates him, and the other damage kills the rest of my team while he's in the air. 
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Maybe I’m the only one here, but I’m loving scl9. Lazy 6 clears for top 50? One of the first times I’ve gotten a character in their release event, without playing optimal? You betcha, I’m staying in 9.

IMHO, marginal additional time, more challenge, better rewards due to scarcity of competition?

I’m in.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc said:
    Maybe I’m the only one here, but I’m loving scl9. Lazy 6 clears for top 50? One of the first times I’ve gotten a character in their release event, without playing optimal? You betcha, I’m staying in 9.

IMHO, marginal additional time, more challenge, better rewards due to scarcity of competition?

I’m in.

You are not the only one. I did drop to SCL 8 for Deadpool vs MPQ, but that's mostly because my Grocket has 5 green covers already, so I couldn't really use the top 50 reward in SCL 9 for once. Might as well go for slightly easier nodes then.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    JablesMc said:

I’m in.

I've played SCL9 four times now, solid 4* roster, always got into T50 even in the two events without the required 5* (though I needed 7 clears and a good bracket)

First time I ever got 4* covers from placement :)

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    JablesMc said:

I’m in.
    How many clears do you do on the required 5* node?

I have been avoiding SCL9 for fears that I wouldn't be able to do a single clear on the 5* node (I'd like to do at least two) and that it would take a lot longer and cost me more health packs, but looking at your roster, it is comparable with mine, so maybe I should give it a try.

I've been sticking to SCL 7, where I only have to play optimally if I'm going for top 10, but if I can get the 4* cover in SCL 9 by playing suboptimally, I'd probably do it, since playing optimally is a real drag.