Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should a fight be that tough that its dependent on whether you get a decent board to whether you can win it? 
    4* DDQ says hi.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another thing that I don't think has been mentioned is this could make it pretty hard for people with 3-4* rosters to find a good alliance. If you can't play the 5* node you're dropping a lot of points for alliance rewards. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    . Should a fight be that tough that its dependent on whether you get a decent board to whether you can win it? 
    Yes.

Should the game be so easy that you win no matter how bad the board is? The whole game is built around gambling and luck of the draw and things you have no control over. Why should a tough match be any different?
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really need some help on the "star-lord amsome mix vol2" effort.  The mutations and carriers are destroying anything I try.  They are all level 490, and that's stupid.

My star-lord is 2/5/5 lv 260.  I've tried OML/Thanos, Steve Rogers/IM40, Black Widow, ice-man, and a few others.  Help!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I'm curious actually.
    The levels in CL9 suggest your roster would go beyond simply boosted 4*s and nudge into the realm of high level or champed 5*s.

And at that point...is getting a single 4* cover for a top 50 placement really an effective reward?

Those kinds of posts always crack me up.

My 4s are getting to 370 the same way yours are, one level at a time.

Of course every 4* cover matters.

If the question above is 'silly' enough to make you laugh, why don't you try to give an appropriate response on why so many 5* rosters are posting here saying that the rewards are Not high enough to justify going into CL9.

I laugh at posts from people who think they are too cool to post helpful and meaningful replies. 

The rewards aren't high enough.
    I'll drop down to 8 myself.

I was just replying to the notion that 5* players don't need 4* covers.

I've posted a lot of helpful and meaningful replies over the last 4 years.
    Eventually I gave up.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rowdster said:
    I really need some help on the "star-lord amsome mix vol2" effort.  The mutations and carriers are destroying anything I try.  They are all level 490, and that's stupid.

My star-lord is 2/5/5 lv 260.  I've tried OML/Thanos, Steve Rogers/IM40, Black Widow, ice-man, and a few others.  Help!
    Medusa can be pretty OP if you can keep her alive.  She saved my butt on my 6th clear.  I'll probably do Thanos/Medusa when I play next sub, didn't switch to that till 6th sub this time.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I joined SCL9 just to try it out.  It's ok.  Though I won't be able to clear t50 this time.  I can't even down one of the 5* node monsters - either I just have bad luck or I don't have the roster for it yet.

Either way, I think I'll drop back down to SCL8 after this one.  I was comfortably getting t20 there without the aggravation.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    rowdster said:

Iceman(boosted) and Vulture or IM40
    Boost appropriately
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SCL9: full 4 clears aren't enough to reach t50, so it's my usual t100 placement.

5* teammates: C4rol at 284, buffed to 389, and St3ve at 261, buffed to 359. SL himself is 1/1/1 at 256. It's a good puzzle and manageable with a decent board.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    the 5* node first clear: Wow... that was hard, but I beat it on the first try.  Time to heal up and do it 3 more times.

the 5* node second clear: OMGBBQ??!!?!  ARE THEY TINYKITTY KIDDING?  I wiped 5 times before finally beating it just because I got an amazing start with a ton of cascades in needed colors

the 5* node third clear: oh, this isn't so bad, I just have to change strategy and use lesser tier characters that do better board control

the 5* node 4th clear: Suck it, Shawn (Psych reference there).  This ain't bad at all.

Note: my 5* Star Lord is level 255 and covered at 2-2-5

Advice: go old school.  Easiest clear was with Starlord/TeenGrey/SW.  Clear Blue, Black, Team-up, Yellow, and Purple that aren't near SW's current countdown tile.  Leave other purple (for bigger hits/gains with the SW tile), greens and reds (clear symbiotes countdown tiles).  KILL THE DOG FIRST ("guard dog" is the biggest threat).  Fire TeenGrey's purple whenever you can.  The key is to not let the board get over-run.  Fire it even if there is only 1 or 2 items on the board.  Use TeenGrey's green if there is no immediate danger (more damage and some special tiles for you) or save it for StarLord (less damage, but random chance of clearing hard-to reach tiles if you don't have the purple).

More Advice: medusa/Starlord/AntMan.  Again, kill the dog first.  Collect blue tiles.  Match medusa's countdown to get fists out there.  Use them to heal.  If you get a lot of purple early, get Ant-man's purple out there to provide damage/healing with his unlimited fists, otherwise, save it for Medusa to steal all the enemy special tiles.  Use green for Starlord to clear random columns.  Use Blue for antman to steal more special tiles.  Use yellow for antman for extra attacks each round + swords.  I used this team for the final clears and they all lost ~1/3 of their life, but eventually, they were taking 1 damage no matter what the other team did and were dealing 10k passive damage each round due to all the stolen tiles.

On either strategy, avoid matching enemy special tiles if at all possible EXCEPT fists until the dog is dead.  Exchanging 2500 life for the fist is a good long-term trade.  The fists will eat you alive in combo with the swords and the boosts the horror's provide.

***Removed profanity - Ducky
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    . Should a fight be that tough that its dependent on whether you get a decent board to whether you can win it? 
    Yes.

Should the game be so easy that you win no matter how bad the board is? The whole game is built around gambling and luck of the draw and things you have no control over. Why should a tough match be any different?
    A tough match is one thats hard but you still have a chance of winning. A bad board takes away any chance of winning, you simply cant with scaling that high. Thats not a tough match, thats an impossible match. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have 5* Starlord so I can't even try in CL7.

But wouldn't 2 characters who can go invisible (Howard, Prof X, Invisible Woman etc) be the perfect team mates esp in CL9? Since the Symbiotes can't move tiles and lack any AOE at most they can down Starlord but the 2 other characters will eventually finish the node unless they get really unlucky and have to match away their own Invisibility tiles.

KGB

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I'm curious actually.
    The levels in CL9 suggest your roster would go beyond simply boosted 4*s and nudge into the realm of high level or champed 5*s.

And at that point...is getting a single 4* cover for a top 50 placement really an effective reward?

Yeah but if you have champed or even high level 5*s, do you still need to slowly level up your 4*s?
    I'm honestly asking.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I'm curious actually.

Yeah but if you have champed or even high level 5*s, do you still need to slowly level up your 4*s?
    I'm honestly asking.
    370 4* when buffed are having bigger health and hitting much harder than 5*. I think that when enough people have their 4* at level 350 and up, devs will have no choice but to give weekly 5* buffs as well
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still hating having the 5* node in cl7. Does anyone else feel that this move gives the "haves" a major advantage to hogging more of the top tier rewards and hamstringing the "have nots" to keep getting pushed down by whales coming down from higher levels. I mean the starting level for cl7 is 32! 
    I think they missed the mark here. This seems to have made it More enticing for those with heavy hitting rosters to step down to lower cl's because it's even easier to place high and step over those who don't have em all. And from what I read here the uptick in rewards for cl9 hardly seem worth the effort...
    I say, keep the 5 node in lvls 8-10 and up the prog rewards for higher tiers so that folks are enticed to play Up not down.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The new change has added an indirect price tag for the guaranteed 4* in SCL 7 as the progression reward if you don't have the required 5*. Wondering if that was the specific intention?

Tried SCL 7 w/o Star Lord and can't place T50. That means a loss of 400 HP due to placement.

Is one Carol Cover worth 400HP? Compared to the H4H Store, it seems reasonable. However, with many 4* yet to roster, I will drop to SCL6 whenever I don't have the required 5* to secure the HP income. (Hello, Unstable ISO-8).

On the bright side, playing SCL6 will improve my quality of life due to faster clears.

Still frustrating after consistently placing T10 in both SCL7 and SCL8. I honestly struggle to see how this change adds any fun element to the game.

//added "progression reward" for clarity

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I'm curious actually.

I'm honestly asking.
    Buffed 370s are better than level 480 5s, yes.
    I'm running 350+ 4s in PVP over my 460 5s whenever i have boosted ones for the week.
    They're crazy.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the intent of opening scl9 was to incentive players with stronger rosters to leave scl8 and/or scl7 and enjoy the challenge, D3 miserably failed. Very few players will join it for only few iso/hp and some cp more. The extra efforts required, seems to be too much compared to what they can obtain. Hope in the future they make some quality changes  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any thoughts about adding the required 5-star to the vault for these events?  And no, the "Cosmic Legends" token for 25 CP doesn't count.

We've got the required 4-star and multiple covers for the required 3-star in there already.  Star Lord is the only 5-star I don't have right now (except Daredevil, who just came out) so it was probably a mistake to try out SCL9 when the new, "featured" node is inaccessible.