Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That 5* required node for SCL 9, I had to 3* Deadpool whale the 4th clear. A bit tough, even for somebody who likes challenges.

I don't have maxed 5*, just most 4* champed and some 5* with a few covers.
  • Renler
    Renler Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Regarding clears amount: SC7: it seems enough to do all nodes including the 5* node 4x.

5* node gives 460x4=1840
    The 5th clear in the other nodes gives 67+108+148+168+208
    +247+271+290+251= 1758
    So....
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, was there a discussion yet regarding how SCL9 affects PvP?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They went way overboard with the 5* node levels in SCL9.

SCL9 3*/4*: 225-325
    SCL9 Hard: 270-370 (+45)
    SCL9 Final: 300-400 (+30)
    SCL9 5*: 415-515 (+115) = way out of whack

SCL7 5*: 255-355
    SCL8 5*: 305-405 (+50)
    SCL9 5*: 415-515 (+110) = way out of whack

You need multiple champed 5*s to be able to compete at those kinds of levels.
    Had they gone with 355-455 for SCL9, that would have been challenging for 4* players, but this is nigh impossible.

I hope they'll change that soon, else I gotta go back to SCL8 (which is weird when you're at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 122).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope they'll change that soon, else I gotta go back to SCL8 (which is weird when you're at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 122).
    hehehe  I think the 0/18 5* champs is the real roadblock.  This scl is clearly geared for 5* champion rosters.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Is this not what you want? Are you not entertained"
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Phumade said:

hehehe  I think the 0/18 5* champs is the real roadblock.  This scl is clearly geared for 5* champion rosters.
    I know, I mentioned that two lines above, but this is "only" SCL9, there's an SCL10 coming in the (distant) future. What levels are those going to be? 525-625? That'll be fun when a max champed 5* is level 550.

Also, opening up SCL9 at Rank 65 when it's geared towards 5* champion rosters seems kinda silly. Nobody at Rank 65 has 5* champions. Maybe you can have a couple of 5* champs at Rank 90 if you've been neglecting your 4* characters.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have any information as to how SCL9 will affect Versus Tournaments.

//Edited for clarity. Edited again for even further clarity.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Unfortunately I don't have any information as to how SCL9 will affect Versus Tournaments.

Implementation. Testing over. Disclaimer: I'm only speaking as a fellow player also.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:k

I know, I mentioned that two lines above, but this is "only" SCL9, there's an SCL10 coming in the (distant) future. What levels are those going to be? 525-625? That'll be fun when a max champed 5* is level 550.

Also, opening up SCL9 at Rank 65 when it's geared towards 5* champion rosters seems kinda silly. Nobody at Rank 65 has 5* champions. Maybe you can have a couple of 5* champs at Rank 90 if you've been neglecting your 4* characters.
    Of course SCL10 will be geared towards the 6* rosters.

And thank goodness SCL9 was opened to SR65+. Those with all the 500+ 5*s need all the less developed rosters to fill out SCL9 brackets so there will be more brackets and more opportunities to place in the top 5.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Brigby said:k

Implementation. Testing over. Disclaimer: I'm only speaking as a fellow player also.
    Oops. Phrasing
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6* with max level 1000 would be fun... imagine killing SCL7 missions with one move :D
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Brigby said:

So the people that are enjoying CL9 hate the win-based PvP reward structure, and the people that love the win-based PvP reward structure can't hack it in CL9.

Good job D3, you might make it so everybody is mad at you.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the 5* node idea, just not for cl7. I was hoping that cl 9 would be a draw for more of the upper tier players so they'd move on from 7 and have high placement be at least a tad more accessible for us 3-4* transitioners grinding away. It seems like adding a 5* node to 7 just makes it that much more unlikely that anyone without a complete roster will place. Bummer :neutral:
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I joined SCL9, mistakes were made.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went to SCL9 to see how well i'll do there as a 4* roster. That 5* node is no joke, other than that it' fairly easy stuff. Finished initial clear in #11 (pretty good actually) but i don't think i can grind the 5* node so i'm going back to SCL8 next pve.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won the first 5* fight but as none of my 5* team are higher than 255 it's mission impossible after that 

if it was just normal foes and not symbiots it might be doable but I can't see me winning many more
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious actually.
    The levels in CL9 suggest your roster would go beyond simply boosted 4*s and nudge into the realm of high level or champed 5*s.

And at that point...is getting a single 4* cover for a top 50 placement really an effective reward?
  • Lord_Mephisto
    Lord_Mephisto Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, maybe I've taken only wrong decisions along 3 years of playing. I'm a level 102 player and when SCL were introduced, I was around 70. At that time, surely I wouldn't be able to fight enemies of the current CL9, and now, they still very hard to beat.

I have almost all 4* champed (and all the important ones...), but my 5* (only missing Daredevil) are 255. Never worried about upgrading them exactly to avoid scaling to a level where playing would not be funny anymore.

I always played CL8 because it poses a good challenge, even if the rewards are not that awesome and I've never been able to finish among the top 10. Usually I'm between top 30.

Because of that, the extra 4* in placement rewards seemed to be a fair reward, but I'm starting to regret that. Probably, I'll move back to CL8 in the next event to avoid being frustrated...

Wondering if the current event could be considered by the devs as a test and, for the next event, the difficulty could be adjusted...