Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any thoughts about adding the required 5-star to the vault for these events?  And no, the "Cosmic Legends" token for 25 CP doesn't count.
    That's "buying" a guaranteed 5* with hero points.
    Not gonna happen.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Any thoughts about adding the required 5-star to the vault for these events?  
    If we were to use CP as a guide, it is 6x more for a 5 vs a 4.  You can buy a 4 for 3600 in HfH.  So maybe 21,600?  You can buy out the entire vault over 2 days for 19,600.  Putting a 5 in there would double the price, maybe?  We're taking $200 here.

Whales pay a lot more than that in buy clubs for CPs.  For no guarantee of the 5 they want.

I also want to echo:  you need to see req'd 5 in event rules.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They really do need to find a way to make the required 5* more achievable if they are going to stick to this extra node in each event. If you dont have the 5*, you can say good bye to any decent placement rewards. On a week long event, wheres the incentive to play it at all if you have no chance of any decent placement rewards?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     On a week long event, wheres the incentive to play it at all if you have no chance of any decent placement rewards?
    How do you think the rest of us that don't finish T10 get motivated for events? 50+CP does it for me. Then I get the 5*s and I finish them. I regularly see you near the top why do you think you deserve it constantly if you don't have a strong enough roster?
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
     On a week long event, wheres the incentive to play it at all if you have no chance of any decent placement rewards?
    How do you think the rest of us that don't finish T10 get motivated for events? 50+CP does it for me. Then I get the 5*s and I finish them. I regularly see you near the top why do you think you deserve it constantly if you don't have a strong enough roster?
    I'm not talking top 10. Over the course of a week, I doubt even top 50 would be achievable without the 5* character. Why would anyone want to grind for a week without any chance of a top 50 finish? I grind because, right now, I know I will likely finish top 20, if I'm very lucky, top 10. I honestly couldn't be bothered to if even top 50 was out of reach for me. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Crazy people...
    I can't place Txx so I'm going to throw away 3-7 days worth of resources

Then wonder why they can't keep up with iso needs

• Nick441234
    Options
    I'd still do 3-4 day events. 7 day events are so exhausting though! I'd rather just take a week off from the game than grind just for progression rewards. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Options

I'm not talking top 10. Over the course of a week, I doubt even top 50 would be achievable without the 5* character. Why would anyone want to grind for a week without any chance of a top 50 finish? I grind because, right now, I know I will likely finish top 20, if I'm very lucky, top 10. I honestly couldn't be bothered to if even top 50 was out of reach for me. 

I'm missing the 5* and playing CL8 and started 6hrs late in S1. If my son didn't have football this morning (soccer for the colonials) then I'd still be T12ish. Currently 22nd and haven't even finished the 4 clears again 6hrs after the sub started. I thought it would make a difference but it really isn't. I usually finish t20-40 as I don't play optimal or 7 clear. I green tick and it looks like I will be finishing the same as usual.
    I'd still do 3-4 day events. 7 day events are so exhausting though! I'd rather just take a week off from the game than grind just for progression rewards. 
    What Bowgentle said, it makes no difference to me 3/4/7 or 100 days. It's just another day another 6 clears.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think even the small extra CP available from CL9 is drawing a lot of top players. They know that's the "currency" that brings the most value and to get the most you gotta go to 9. Lower than that should see dilution of the player pool to a reasonable extent that hopefully it's not as terrible for you. 9 is certainly approaching "work" over "play" though.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This week's boosted list isn't friendly for me, so I dropped down to SCL7. I'm enjoying the 5* node, since it's the only chance my 5* s have had to be anything but a meat-shield. I have all except DD and Cap rostered, but none have many covers. I'll enjoy getting to use them all.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I'm curious actually.
    The levels in CL9 suggest your roster would go beyond simply boosted 4*s and nudge into the realm of high level or champed 5*s.

And at that point...is getting a single 4* cover for a top 50 placement really an effective reward?

Those kinds of posts always crack me up.

My 4s are getting to 370 the same way yours are, one level at a time.

Of course every 4* cover matters.
    Yeah but if you have champed or even high level 5*s, do you still need to slowly level up your 4*s?
    I'm honestly asking.
    Buffed 370s are better than level 480 5s, yes.
    I'm running 350+ 4s in PVP over my 460 5s whenever i have boosted ones for the week.
    They're crazy.
    Oh wow.
    I wasn't being flippant or anything, I was genuinely curious. I simply assumed that a maxed 5* would stomp on PvE through match damage, with powers just making things faster. Even if the enemies were level ~500

I guess it's like the old days when 4*s weren't boosted but 3*s were and a boosted 3* team could hold its own against a level 270 4* team. So I shouldn't really be surprised.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The 5* essential could have been so good if it wasn't worth points, something tough to tackle during the downtime from the opening and closing grinds and during PvP shields.

Or, if it just straight up replaced the 2* essential in SCL 7/8/9 instead of adding 7 more clears for placement hunters.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 5* essential could have been so good if it wasn't worth points, something tough to tackle during the downtime from the opening and closing grinds and during PvP shields.

Or, if it just straight up replaced the 2* essential in SCL 7/8/9 instead of adding 7 more clears for placement hunters.
    Points are fine, but it would have been nice if it were non-rechargable. Just exhaust the points and move on.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Now you guys can all experience what 5* pve scaling looks like.  Scl 9 is no different than 5* roster based scaling
    100% this, and that's why some of us weren't placing top 10 despite having 10 champs...  you can't beat it, go to scl8 till you can.. there is no need to make it easier, you have choices... 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have no problem with the difficulty level of the other nodes, but the 5* node is outrageously overpowered.

My highest level boosted character is Carol at 406. SL5 is still at 255 (haven't put any Iso-8 into any 5* yet), and my second highest is 381 (HB).

Fighting 3 level 415 characters is a nice challenge.
    Level 440 will require frequent healthpacks, which I'm OK with.
    At level 465 success is dependent on a good starting board.
    Level 490 is pure RNG and a **** ton of luck.
    Level 515 is a guaranteed wipe every time.

Having champed 5*s will probably shift that progression down one or two levels.

I can't wrap my brain around why SCL9 would be intended for players with level 480+ 5* rosters, because there is ample evidence that it's not supposed to be.

1. There will be an SCL10 in the future (and no, there won't be 6 star characters for a long long time, if ever).
    2. SRs are still capped at 125 (anybody with 480+ 5*s will long have hit that cap).
    3. SCL9 becomes available at SR 65 (when you've probably just champed your first 4*s)
    4. All other nodes in SCL9 are challenging, but far from unbeatable with 4* champs. The 5* node is impossible to beat.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Well day 3's 5* node has finished me off. I can beat it 4 times, but after that, their health gets too high for my roster to cope with. 

Due to that, its going to take me down to SL7 from now on. That makes this 5* node change a really poor move from the devs because my roster is a SCL8 roster, the rest of the nodes I can handle. I'm in this for placement though and not being able to clear the 5* node 6 times will hurt my placement. That takes me down into a CL that I should not be in and will now be taking away rewards from people who should be in that CL.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Might make me a bad person and it might not be good for the game but I'm a little amused at how soft cappers and those who were/are so against the 5* game got hit by cl scaling and now a 5* essential.

They thought they were such hot stuff for placing well with no rostered or low level 5*. Now they almost can't compete for placement.

It feels like justification for rostering and leveling my 5*s. And now I'm enjoying pve more than ever before.
    To be fair, CL-based scaling is very recent, and before it became a thing, softcapping was a valid strategy. I hated 5*s and sold them, and of course CL based scaling was released with no warning like two weeks later. If I'd known it was coming i would've toughed it out.
    "Valid" strategy is bit of a stretch. It helped nominally in one game mode and made the other game mode close to unplayable.

5* rosters took the the top spots in new character releases in pve & a softcapped roster is fodder in PvP.
  • Tony_Foot
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well day 3's 5* node has finished me off. I can beat it 4 times, but after that, their health gets too high for my roster to cope with. 

Due to that, its going to take me down to SL7 from now on. That makes this 5* node change a really poor move from the devs because my roster is a SCL8 roster, the rest of the nodes I can handle. I'm in this for placement though and not being able to clear the 5* node 6 times will hurt my placement. That takes me down into a CL that I should not be in and will now be taking away rewards from people who should be in that CL.
    Give it another try/slice? We do seem to be having completely different experiences for placement in the same CL8. Perhaps we both need to do more testing to see how it impacts because you would easily be T10 on my board as I'm not able to do the 5* node and will still get T20 and can see huge gaps in the scoring.

It will take a few events to settle down and people find their place.

Just looked my T20 goes from 78 down to 58k, so it's created a much larger split than I ever usually see and the top 5 go:

72644 and then it really starts creating gaps
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Tony Foot said:

Give it another try/slice? We do seem to be having completely different experiences for placement in the same CL8. Perhaps we both need to do more testing to see how it impacts because you would easily be T10 on my board as I'm not able to do the 5* node and will still get T20 and can see huge gaps in the scoring.

It will take a few events to settle down and people find their place.

Just looked my T20 goes from 78 down to 58k, so it's created a much larger split than I ever usually see and the top 5 go:

72644 and then it really starts creating gaps
    This is one of the easier events as a lot of the nodes are goons (including the 5* node). Cant you even imagine how horrible the Dark Avenger events are going to be?