Access Granted: S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 *Updated (9/20/17)

Options

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Might make me a bad person and it might not be good for the game but I'm a little amused at how soft cappers and those who were/are so against the 5* game got hit by cl scaling and now a 5* essential.

They thought they were such hot stuff for placing well with no rostered or low level 5*. Now they almost can't compete for placement.

It feels like justification for rostering and leveling my 5*s. And now I'm enjoying pve more than ever before.
    To be fair, CL-based scaling is very recent, and before it became a thing, softcapping was a valid strategy. I hated 5*s and sold them, and of course CL based scaling was released with no warning like two weeks later. If I'd known it was coming i would've toughed it out.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I decided to choose SCL 9 because I always breeze through SCL 8...... The 5* node is impossible for me to get a win unless i use whales.....So back to SCL 8 for me next event......Mistakes were made....
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All I can say is thank you for making the 3 CP reward on the second win. I'm not sure I can beat lvl 465 goons!

The fact that there are nodes that I can't yet win is actually exciting. I like a challenge, so I'm enjoying this.
  • Juandmp
    Juandmp Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice job creating the most op node ever made not even a boss event fight is this hard...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now you guys can all experience what 5* pve scaling looks like.  Scl 9 is no different than 5* roster based scaling
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Orion said:
    So the people that are enjoying CL9 hate the win-based PvP reward structure, and the people that love the win-based PvP reward structure can't hack it in CL9.

Good job D3, you might make it so everybody is mad at you.
    To be fair, that's not entirely accurate. I hate the win-based PvP reward structure, and I can't hack it in CL9.

So a lose-lose there...
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After the horror stories here, I was surprised to finish the initial 4 clears in CL9 and land in 49th place.  It's a tough node, but very beatable with good 4's and a good strategy, or a couple champed 5's.  It'll be tougher when it's not all goons, but I like the challenge.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious actually.
    The levels in CL9 suggest your roster would go beyond simply boosted 4*s and nudge into the realm of high level or champed 5*s.

And at that point...is getting a single 4* cover for a top 50 placement really an effective reward?

Those kinds of posts always crack me up.

My 4s are getting to 370 the same way yours are, one level at a time.

Of course every 4* cover matters.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Found a team that can fight the OP 5* 90% of the time anyway!

thought I'd try Peggy with c4pmarvel and star lord and it seems to work with a few extra blue at the start and you really need starlords purple

3 down 1 to go ! 
  • champg0951
    champg0951 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options

So, I went and joined SCL9. Mind you, I have a decent roster, more than half the 4 stars champed, all the 3 stars champed, farming etc, etc...I pretty much did not have a problem with all the nodes UNTIL I hit the 5 star required node. Now, I do have 5Lord with 9 covers and I paired him with Grocket and Medusa. I was able to get 3 wins but THAT WAS IT! lol

I like the challenge so far, didn't take much longer to clear that when I was is in SCL8. I'm sitting at 28 place now. I think I can stay in T50 but we'll see.

Not sure if I will stay in SCL9 from now on or drop back down to SCL8 where I can place in T10...we'll see.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope they keep the 5* node hard, I hate reading people say it needs making easier. It doesn't stop you hitting progression and it sorts the men out from the boys. I am one of the boys, I cannot finish it but it's something to work towards, like those days when I couldn't finish a crash or was finishing DDQ with storm Thor and Mags. Back then there were nodes I couldn't finish or failed. Good times.

I'm in favour of really tough pve nodes especially non progression required, to sort the scores out and take something away from 30 minute clears. Add more of these please, reduce the easy nodes and add another freaking tough fight or slow fight you need to think about like Ka-silly.

Also gives a use for all those whale points.

Surely you cannot find this fun 4 clearing with your best team and not even having to use a single health pack.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the future, will the in-game event rules tab show the essential 5*?  There's no mention in the news tabs, or Venom Bomb info, that a new fight will be appearing or that you'll need 5* Spidey to access it. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I stayed in SCL8; none of my meager-cover 5* are leveled up, and my SL has just one cover, so I figured it was hopeless (even with buffed Carol) to try tackling the 5* node in SCL9. Even at SCL8 it started to get out of hand on my first clear until Carol's black got rolling; you forget sometimes how quick a 3-symbiote team can start spamming out specials and buffing them. I haven't gone back to tackle a second yet.

My bracket which would usually be full or nearly so was <400 when I entered.. with many big boys up in 9, maybe I'll hit a decent placement for a change, though I doubt it; work commitments this weekend are going to cut into my playtime anyway.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    I hope they keep the 5* node hard, I hate reading people say it needs making easier. It doesn't stop you hitting progression and it sorts the men out from the boys. I am one of the boys, I cannot finish it but it's something to work towards, like those days when I couldn't finish a crash or was finishing DDQ with storm Thor and Mags. Back then there were nodes I couldn't finish or failed. Good times.

I'm in favour of really tough pve nodes especially non progression required, to sort the scores out and take something away from 30 minute clears. Add more of these please, reduce the easy nodes and add another freaking tough fight or slow fight you need to think about like Ka-silly.

Also gives a use for all those whale points.

Surely you cannot find this fun 4 clearing with your best team and not even having to use a single health pack.
    I'd completely agree with this, if health packs weren't a thing. I just had to eat through 5 health packs to beat the 5* node once!!! In a game where your attention is needed in other places than just PVE, eating through 5 health packs is disastrous. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    I probably could have done 9 other than the 5* node, but without that T50 sounds impossible

I'm not so sure about that. I didn't do SCL 9 this time because I have no boosted 4* champs this week, but I may try next week (or after the anniversary). I don't think there are 50 people in each bracket who can clear the 5* node in SCL 9 and I don't think there are even 10 people in each bracket who can clear it all six times.

I've heard people say similar things in the past about 5* or strong 4* players dominating the top 10, but that was never my experience. Back in the old system, I was able to make top 10 in SCL8 with a 3* roster. Under the new system in SCL 7 (haven't played SCL8 in the new system yet) I make top 50 even when I do the 5th and 6th clears 10 hours early. Back when I didn't have all the 5*s, I was able to make top 50 without the required 4* and suspect I still could in SCL 7 and probably SCL8, but maybe not. So my guess is that you could make top 50 in SCL9 by doing 7 clears on every node except the 5* node, but I haven't tried yet.

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Options

Well i tried it, seems it eats to much time to clear each node and burns Healthpacks, for too little reward.

5* was insane to impossible even with invw and morales, 5tarlord keeps dying 4of6 cleared burned 28 healthpacks, longest clear took 28minutes shortest 16

end result first day 51th, even having cleared 6,5 times each node.

Top players have at least multiple 5*champs VS none for me

Overal, if rewards aren't at least 5x higher next time won't be playing CL9 again it is just not worth the extra time.

Update: day 2 is going to be worse because now team is decimated and only 5 healthpacks :(

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd completely agree with this, if health packs weren't a thing. I just had to eat through 5 health packs to beat the 5* node once!!! In a game where your attention is needed in other places than just PVE, eating through 5 health packs is disastrous. 
    I understand that but surely the point is you now know to time that node for when you are healed up. Even not hitting it one after another. Yes that means you won't be optimal but so what you have a huge advantage over 90% of the slice that won't be able to finish it anyway and you are just not strong enough to get it done without the packs. It's something to work to.

You can't or shouldn't expect to 4 clear every thing with no pack usage or there's little point in adding 4 more to the grind anyway. I'm sitting 12th in CL8, stupidly joined 8 hours late in S1@980 approx. Being able to do the 5* node would help me immensely but I'm not sore, it's a goal to target.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tony Foot said:

I understand that but surely the point is you now know to time that node for when you are healed up. Even not hitting it one after another. Yes that means you won't be optimal but so what you have a huge advantage over 90% of the slice that won't be able to finish it anyway and you are just not strong enough to get it done without the packs. It's something to work to.

You can't or shouldn't expect to 4 clear every thing with no pack usage or there's little point in adding 4 more to the grind anyway. I'm sitting 12th in CL8, stupidly joined 8 hours late in S1@980 approx. Being able to do the 5* node would help me immensely but I'm not sore, it's a goal to target.
    I was healed up. I had two bad boards in a row so wiped the first time and had to retreat the second as I was going to die then as well. I also never do 4 clears without using any health packs. Should a fight be that tough that its dependent on whether you get a decent board to whether you can win it?