The Hulk was my most favorite event, but....

1234568»

Comments

  • mechgouki wrote:
    Some people have been saying that it is possible to defeat 230 Villains (not minions) without Spidey. I have no idea how though.

    I assumed they used the buffed chars. Didn't last very long in my case.

    It definitely is possible -- in the last real hulk event I had no spiderman at all and did win some of those fights. IIRC failed miserably with the one that used a green-feeding goon.

    But the point was we had only one such game at the end of the "hard" sub, not much happened if you passed that one entirely. I fought it before leaving, so loss had no real consequence. It's entirely different story to have quite all fights like that.

    Jozier keeps saying that now it's less grinding -- the hell, measured in number of matches maybe, but measured in time definitely not. Even if you can do the 200+ matches reliably it takes way more time and even more time to heal up afterwards. And watching every match on every game closely or get annihilated immediately is not my idea of fun. And getting the 20 iso for the effort doesn't make my mood up either.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    Some people have been saying that it is possible to defeat 230 Villains (not minions) without Spidey. I have no idea how though.

    I assumed they used the buffed chars. Didn't last very long in my case.

    It definitely is possible -- in the last real hulk event I had no spiderman at all and did win some of those fights. IIRC failed miserably with the one that used a green-feeding goon.

    But the point was we had only one such game at the end of the "hard" sub, not much happened if you passed that one entirely. I fought it before leaving, so loss had no real consequence. It's entirely different story to have quite all fights like that.

    Jozier keeps saying that now it's less grinding -- the hell, measured in number of matches maybe, but measured in time definitely not. Even if you can do the 200+ matches reliably it takes way more time and even more time to heal up afterwards. And watching every match on every game closely or get annihilated immediately is not my idea of fun. And getting the 20 iso for the effort doesn't make my mood up either.

    Don't misquote me. It is a ridiculous amount of grinding in The Hulk. Simulator and Brotherhood had the least amount of grinding out of all the events for top place finishes.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Well I don't know about you, but I prefer to spend money on permanent assets than short-term boosts.

    Granted, those boosts will attract a lot of people. But then it becomes too much of those pay-to-win games, and I can pick out a few Android Apps like those, with my eyes closed.

    I think what you offered are excellant ideas though. Had D3 used ideas like these, they'll probably make more than Candy Crush Saga.

    Not that I would actually still play this game had they done that.

    But I disagree with you. Lower prices means more revenue. The thanks for stopping by thing? Doesn't matter as long as they paid something for it.

    I agree that there are already enough short term boosts in the game. The boosts make the mmr and scaling all funky so I think permanent assets would be where I would spend more money. Having a fourth node might be a permanent boost worth having - now that skip tax exists and how heavily people use nodes to queue up players in elite tourneys.

    There was an article saying that mpq has doubled it's revenue per player recently, I think d3 has figured out a good formula to making money in this game - I doubt we will see any major changes in the way of cover pack pricing or whatnot.
  • @Pasa

    I kinda understand what you're saying. More or less.

    In my case too. I'd rather grind a mission I can easily handle 10 times, than face a 230 group two times. The 230 group will wipe out my Health Packs, if not kill me.

    Again, stating a personal preference. If I don't make it clear that I am merely expressing an opinion, the rabid dogs will attack again. And sometimes they still attack anyway. Apparently it is a crime to express a personal opinion on a forum.

    Anyway, just to reiterate what I said previously. In my honest opinion, the reason why the scaling in Brotherhood and Simulator resulted in players needing to grind less to get good ranks, is because half the player group was effectively walled in and unable to compete in the overwhelming amounts of high levels. If half the group can't compete with you, you get an easier time of course.

    Good for you, sucks for the rest.

    Besides, you only need to be a little more grindier than the 5th player in your sub bracket to get in the top ranks. If you're seriously unlucky, and all top 5 in your bracket are determined to grind all the way, then you're going to have to grind just as hard. You don't have to grind the most. Just a little more than the 5th player.

    That's my take on the situation.

    For this current Hulk event, things are a little different. Despite the scaling, not as many players are walled in this time, despite the high levels. It's reasonably high, but not overwhelmingly high. For many anyway. Some are still walled in.

    That, plus the fact that our main event is not bracketed, and the sub events are in 2000 brackets. Of course people would be competing by grinding.

    My take on the situation. Feel free to disagree.
  • There was an article saying that mpq has doubled it's revenue per player recently, I think d3 has figured out a good formula to making money in this game - I doubt we will see any major changes in the way of cover pack pricing or whatnot.

    If that is the case, then I guess everything is working as intended.

    I'm not so sure about the cover prices, but about the scaling system. If it's earning them money, why would they change it?

    Did the article happen to mention what were the most purchases made? What things are being purchased the most?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    There was an article saying that mpq has doubled it's revenue per player recently, I think d3 has figured out a good formula to making money in this game - I doubt we will see any major changes in the way of cover pack pricing or whatnot.

    If that is the case, then I guess everything is working as intended.

    I'm not so sure about the cover prices, but about the scaling system. If it's earning them money, why would they change it?

    Did the article happen to mention what were the most purchases made? What things are being purchased the most?

    The doubling revenue thing came from an interview:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4082&hilit=Interview

    I don't think it mentions specific purchases. But you could draw a lot of conclusions about who they are targeting to make purchases (veterans vs first time players) from this:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4237
  • edited March 2014
    I am having a little doubts about the "Average Revenue Per Daily Active User".

    Is it really the number we should be looking at? Because I'm thinking that the gross profit would probably tell more of the general reception.

    Basically, I am thinking to look at the overall gains, rather than the ratio of users to cash spent.

    From the pie chart, I wish I could offer you my views. But all I got was this:
    .............huh?

    Maybe I'll have something smarter to say once I can understand those statistics, lol.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I am having a little doubts about the "Average Revenue Per Daily Active User".

    Is it really an accurate figure? Because I'm thinking that the gross profit would probably tell more of the general reception.

    From the pie chart, I wish I could offer you my views. But all I got was this:
    .............huh?

    Maybe I'll have something smarter to say once I can understand those statistics, lol.

    Lol. Dang it! You were supposed to cliff-notes that section of statistics for me! I got more from reading other users comments and analysis of the data than the actual info. I read an article breaking down that second link ... Lemme see if I can find it on my bloated browser history.
  • Yeah, most people who actually assume that I have some smarts usually end up being disappointed. icon_razz.gif

    Let's not even talk about the people who assumed that I am sane.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Yeah, most people who actually assume that I have some smarts usually end up being disappointed. icon_razz.gif

    Let's not even talk about the people who assumed that I am sane.

    Found it!
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/26/only- ... exclusive/

    And while I was looking I found out Europe is starting to look into legislation regulating f2p games. The end is near! Grab your modern Hawkeye and hide!
  • PuritasPuritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Moghwyn wrote:
    Add cosmetic stuff, like modified animations/sound effects for your heroes, visible also to the opponent on defense (e.g. Daredevil pointing at you and saying "ha ha" after you hit a red trap). Add your very own hero/villain hideout that you can pay to upgrade for various benefits (e.g. higher limit on boosts, higher boosts stacking, improved chance to find boosts, faster regeneration rate, higher probability at not getting the 20 ISO reward), possibly requiring you to beat some exceedingly tough built-in missions first to qualify for those upgrades.

    I'd shell out tons right there
  • Puritas wrote:
    Moghwyn wrote:
    Add cosmetic stuff, like modified animations/sound effects for your heroes, visible also to the opponent on defense (e.g. Daredevil pointing at you and saying "ha ha" after you hit a red trap). Add your very own hero/villain hideout that you can pay to upgrade for various benefits (e.g. higher limit on boosts, higher boosts stacking, improved chance to find boosts, faster regeneration rate, higher probability at not getting the 20 ISO reward), possibly requiring you to beat some exceedingly tough built-in missions first to qualify for those upgrades.

    I'd shell out tons right there
    I posted a while back in the suggestions forums about the need to expand monetization options. Lairs and Hideouts (with vehicles, crafting or the equivalent per the original PQ, etc) that would give us downtime options b/w (or instead of) events.

    Even just flavorful replacements of existing concepts would make people feel better. e.g. if roster slots were represented by adding a room to the X-Men Mansion or Stark Tower or what have you.
  • In the last The Hulk I usually was doing every mission down to 0 on the last refresh, and I didn't even place well in that event.

    The 230X3s without Daken or Ares is doable with the right personnel without Spiderman/Magneto. If either are present, you'd need a level 100 major boosted character which I doubt anyone has unless you sunk a ton of HP into Black Panther or have extremely good luck on your token pulls. Daken, as always, is some kind of living god at level 230. Ares you at least have some chance of beating him if you deny all the right colors.
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    In the last The Hulk I usually was doing every mission down to 0 on the last refresh, and I didn't even place well in that event.

    The 230X3s without Daken or Ares is doable with the right personnel without Spiderman/Magneto. If either are present, you'd need a level 100 major boosted character which I doubt anyone has unless you sunk a ton of HP into Black Panther or have extremely good luck on your token pulls. Daken, as always, is some kind of living god at level 230. Ares you at least have some chance of beating him if you deny all the right colors.
    My only manageable solution for this was to use Punisher/C.Storm/Mn Mags since I do not have useable Spidey/Mags. Definitely need to use +3AP blue/purple and +3AP rainbow.

    I only play these missions twice since I need to use boost and won't farm for whatever rewards or points they offer.
  • And now for something completely different. Launched MPQ in the morning dreading the worst, encounter levels were still the same as when I left off. Not A Single Level Higher! Managed to hit every encounter once within an hour. Missed a countdown tile at least twice without getting blown to bits each time. Now, THIS is The Hulk I remember so fondly. Two words: THANK YOU! Actually, no, that doesn't quite do it credit how I'm feeling right now. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. Off to sacrifice a computer mouse on the God of Gaming altar in hopes it stays this way.
Sign In or Register to comment.