Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened 3 latest and 4 classic tokens. Pulled purple Coulson, black A.Venom, black Dr. Octo, purple Medusa, purple Gwenpool, red Blade + green BH Blade, and purple BW. No dupes, so best moment for me. Oh and I placed 10th in the first HoD event, hoping to stay in top 10 for a Medusa cover. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a bonus hero from a classic LT; even better, it was Moon Knight's Black (he was previously 1/4/3, now 2/4/3), so not only was it usable, it didn't push him into uh-oh territory.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Double-crit-match-six-madness with Thanos. 30k of pure damage.

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Drawing my 13th 5* HE from a legendary (yesterday), my second fully covered 5* and on the very helpful advice of board vets to keep drawing rather than pay for the last cover when I kept drawing agent venom. Now back to hoarding and maybe a break!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I emptied my meager little stash of CP today hoping to pull a 4* Blade to save a cover on the vine. No luck, but I did get a needed Gwenpool before she leaves tokens (3/4/5 now.. oh so close), and then three straight 5* pulls. Iron Man (first), Spider-Man (third), Green Goblin (second).

I don't use the 5* characters much if at all (OML with 3* Thanos to rip through trivial nodes) but that was still kinda cool.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I just opened 9 classic legend tokens and didn't get a single gwenpool!

I also got a black panther, bringing him to 3/2/5
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having a champed Red Hulk to take into Nefarious Foes. Now I get what all the fuss is about - he's ridiculous.

I also hate this event a lot less than I did when I was a 3* player getting beaten into the ground by all the Red Hulk teams. Funny that.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Having a champed Red Hulk to take into Nefarious Foes. Now I get what all the fuss is about - he's ridiculous.

I also hate this event a lot less than I did when I was a 3* player getting beaten into the ground by all the Red Hulk teams. Funny that.
    Yes, basically 11 green ap + 7 purple ap = you win
  • Style55
    Options
    Placed 6th overall in Hearts of Darkness. Messed up the first two days, I don't normally dabble with placement rewards. Day 1 I started the event about 3 hours or so into it, then did my 5th clears way too soon. Day 2 I did my first 4 clears early into the start of it, however, I did my 5th clears without enough time and missed out on points for a wave node, ouch. Would have been great getting 5th place and the second Medusa cover but I can't complain, I'm glad to get a cover. 

Next event giving out 2 Medusa covers will put her at 280 and grant a sweet latest token. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At long last, I championed Hulkbuster today.

I drew a red cover a couple of days ago from the HoD vault; no good for a 5/3/4 HB. My IM40 was, however, only 3 covers away from giving me the needed black. So I set him as my 3* bonus hero, pulled him twice yesterday, and this morning, cover #3 dropped, giving me the HB black, and voila, champion.

I also got a Steve Rogers 3* cover that awarded an LT, so I had two Latest to draw, which gave me my second C&D cover and my tenth Riri cover.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Placed 6th overall in Hearts of Darkness. Messed up the first two days, I don't normally dabble with placement rewards. Day 1 I started the event about 3 hours or so into it, then did my 5th clears way too soon. Day 2 I did my first 4 clears early into the start of it, however, I did my 5th clears without enough time and missed out on points for a wave node, ouch. Would have been great getting 5th place and the second Medusa cover but I can't complain, I'm glad to get a cover. 

Next event giving out 2 Medusa covers will put her at 280 and grant a sweet latest token. 
    @Style55

Just an observation, based on your score and your alliance score in that event you carry them. Is that normal? Do you finish progression on most stories? If so, head over to the alliance section of the forums and find yourself a top PVE alliance, it makes a HUGE difference in the resources you'll earn.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    one step closer to championing Spider Woman :3
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got 13th cover for C4rol and Medusa other day soon after!
  • Style55
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Style55 said:

@Style55

Just an observation, based on your score and your alliance score in that event you carry them. Is that normal? Do you finish progression on most stories? If so, head over to the alliance section of the forums and find yourself a top PVE alliance, it makes a HUGE difference in the resources you'll earn.
    @Milk Jugz

For most PvE/Boss events I usually do, yes. I normally finish progression, I go for at least 5x clears per node, however, this event I did more just to ensure placement. I wouldn't even know where to start with a different alliance, I've only been in two, including current, alliances. I don't always play/place in PvP (sorry I know you said PvE alliance but some also list PvP as a requirement), I usually make it a goal to hit 4000 points for the season and have only missed that goal in 2 seasons so far. 

Maybe I'll check out the alliance section and try to sort out a good one. The only time my contribution/efforts bother me is during boss events when I have a significant amount of points over others and at the end of the event it just kind of bugs me that I burned so many health packs to ensure alliance placement. 

Anyway thank you for the suggestion, I do appreciate the fact you took the time to try to help me out (I honestly mean that, sometimes text is difficult with sincerity/sarcasm/etc).
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got my first ever 900 in PvP. IM40 with Hobo and Agent Venom is a blast. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having my son's 3-star Blade go from 2/2/2 to champed in about three days. Three covers from the Strange Sights PvP, one from the Deadpool Daily, one from a random DD Token, two from Enemy of the State reward, and one from a random EotS token. No duplicates involved either! He had enough ISO to bring him up 166 right away, so he was quite happy with that.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Got from heroic token yet another C4rol + bonus hero blue Professor X, which means I got 14th cover for them both and they earn another legendary token when I champ them.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a little thing, but in the 1* DDQ, I managed to down Daken mostly by matching away all the blue and letting him get all strung out on Heat. Not very often I get a board where I can do that, and even rarer when he's actually on the other side.