Magnetic Mayhem 2 - Feb 26 - Feb 28

123457»

Comments

• Got top 5 in this and in both PvE brackets, Psylocke at 3/3/5 and rising rapidly in levels. Shame that it might be a while before I max her red (unless I get lucky with 2 more tournaments featuring her, or even luckier with 2 red pulls).
  • Should we go 5/3/5 for Psy and not max her blue?

It kinda seemed useful. Then they upped the blue cost....
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mechgouki wrote:
    Should we go 5/3/5 for Psy and not max her blue?

It kinda seemed useful. Then they upped the blue cost....

I don't see how you can justify blue since her red/black are her bread/butter and the reason why you'd go her in the first place!
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    that was a harsh bracket soenottelling
    I shielded 5 times or so in the last hour, two of them for honestly like 5-10 seconds lol
    someone hit me for 44 points right at the end which forced literally a 5 second shield or so
    i tanked the lightning rounds all week as i'm maxed on all 3* covers aside from the new guys, so i fell into an easier mmr
    but yeah, our bracket sucked, well fought ppl

What was your final score? I saw you break 1010. I got up to about 990 before I was hit down in the last 2-3 min but even then I was back by 10 points or so at the time. Got hit right before starting the next fight and just kinda...gave up doing the last match as I knew I wouldn't catch you once I got the -44.

Thems the breaks. I will survive the lost hp. I was at 11k hp during the tourney after getting The 50 hp reward, ended at about 10,550 hp after the rewards came in. I think my net shielding was an 8 hr, 3 3 hr before the last hour and maybe 2/3 3hr in the last hour. So probably about 525 hp used. -150 from rewards and -300 for what it would have taken me (due to the timing I had to do) to get top 5 anyway and the "truely lost" is closer to about 75 hp or 225 hp depending on how I want to look at it.

Also, I got screwed near the end as all I could find were ppl with about 750 points or less, which was pretty low points. Also burned about 3-5k iso from skipping. So, yea, outside of lr the skip balancing isnt very fun unless you tank your rating.
  • I've got about 1700 hp, I spent 500+hp in that tourney
    5 shields, 2 health packs and maybe some boosts
    The moment i joined and saw soenottelling in my bracket i knew i was in for a rough ride
    I blew about 140k iso into my hulk, patch (got them from 100 to near max) and magneto and was basically all in for the red X force

I've lost 2 X reds to some big forum goers the last couple of times
    both times I landed in brackets vs guys that had just placed top 3 in the elite tourney and i narrowly got beaten both times
    these fights have been hectic but good fun haha

So yeah, from my perspective soenottelling, it wasn't as easy as you made it out to be lol

oh final score was 970 or so, I dont know, I got hit again right at the end for 44 and saw myself still in 1st with less than a minute, so I popped a shield, and literally 2 seconds later the tourney ended
  • yeah all my shields were done in the last hour, most in the last half an hour, and they were just to buy some time to find suitable targets, then quickly running in with full stockpiles and taking them out while burning health packs and reshielding to find targets again. Still usually eat a hit before I could get all three fights done though.

but i knew i couldn't stay still when you were so close at my heels, plus you had a stronger magneto so I needed luck on my side
    plus i completely neglected the pve, got like top 75 or some rubbish lol
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Ya I put up an 8 hour after I hit first, not far ahead of second, he can catch me if he wants but its too during prime time to get farther with my cover capped team and not running a healer. Only breached 700 due to a successful defense. The Ladder attacked me with like his version of my team but max level, had to hit him on principle back but my entire team almost wiped. Should be golden for top 5 anyways. 0/0/3 Psylocke might get some new powers.

Going out to play the magic cards tonight as always, I can usually top 15 easy but I needed to finish this tourney now and I can do a few pve matches later. Too many things ending on a Friday night.

I had you and Clintman lined up to breach 800 points, as you were the only guys I could find worth decent points in that range. I figured you would both retaliate, as far weaker teams than yours were hitting me; I was generally running two 141s (Magneto and Spidey) and a 133 Patch. I hit 800, put an 8 hour shield up and it was good for first place.
  • I was in soenotelling and liaomiao's wacky bracket and managed to quietly shield and 798. I was in fifth, a few points behind fourth when I went to bed (there were about 90 minutes left) but there was someone 7 points behind me and then a 100-point drop behind him in seventh. Since I wasn't willing to do a shield turtile (the 225 points I spent on shields this tournament is the most in a while for me) I figured I'd probably wake up with the top 15 rewards.

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to a 10 point defensive win and a top-5 finish (and the 800 point progression reward). I can get my Psylocke up to 30th level and use her to try and get some Black Panther covers in the new tourney.
  • Wow. That was a Super-painfull experience.
    But I leaned a lot.

Also, it helps to read things. When you want to get put in the '500-to-win' bracket, join at the 5 hour mark, NOT the 1 day-5 hour mark.

Lastly, since it turned out I got put in the 850+ to win bracket, I learned one more thing: respect the concept of TANKING.

Everyone feel free whenever you see my Lv. 32 Bagman to give me a good smack! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif