Magnetic Mayhem 2 - Feb 26 - Feb 28

Options
Looks like round 2. I wonder if they'll change the rewards for this one. Guess my MMN will get some more levels.

1 xforce R
2-5 psylocke bbr
6-15 psylocke br
16-45 psylocke r
46-75 captain america bry
76-150 CA ry
151-200 CA y
201-250 recruit token x3
251-300 recruit x2
301-400 recruit x1
401-500 250iso

Progression
25 recruit token
50 500 iso
100 color boost
200 250 iso
300 recruit token - evil attraction
400 250 iso
500 50 HP
600 500 iso
700 MN Mag B
800 500 iso
900 1000 iso
1000 50 HP
1100 1000 iso
1200 C.Mag b
1300 1000 iso
1400 IW y

Comments

• I'm hoping for more Punisher rewards, I've still not maxed out my covers yet and with a level 80+ Classic Mags I should be able to push hard in the tournament for a top spot.
  • Looks like Xwolverine red and Psylocke.

1 xforce R
    2-5 psylocke bbr
    6-15 psylocke br
    16-45 psylocke r
    46-75 captain america bry
    76-150 CA ry
    151-200 CA y
    201-250 recruit token x3
    251-300 recruit x2
    301-400 recruit x1
    401-500 250iso

Progression
    25 recruit token
    50 500 iso
    100 color boost
    200 250 iso
    300 recruit token - evil attraction
    400 250 iso
    500 50 HP
    600 500 iso
    700 MN Mag B
    800 500 iso
    900 1000 iso
    1000 50 HP
    1100 1000 iso
    1200 C.Mag b
    1300 1000 iso
    1400 IW y
  • And yet another tournament that ends at a horrible time for us European players, getting rather fed up with this lately. Gives us virtually no chance of a top reward unless we want to get up stupidly early.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    And yet another tournament that ends at a horrible time for us European players, getting rather fed up with this lately. Gives us virtually no chance of a top reward unless we want to get up stupidly early.

I find it easier to shield up at 1 day left or 8 hours left and having a huge lead. I've won a few pvp tournies this way. All depends when you join.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    And yet another tournament that ends at a horrible time for us European players, getting rather fed up with this lately. Gives us virtually no chance of a top reward unless we want to get up stupidly early.

Actually I think the best way to get a top spot is to play about 10 hours before a tourney ends personally and I've won a fair share
  • DaveyPitch wrote:

That is true, but you get to climb the ladder unmolested while all of us in the States are sleeping. I'd just time your acent with our down time and shield up when you've got a nice cushion for first place.

I'm glad I get a crack at some psylocke covers... I had sold off all of my one stars a few weeks ago so I couldn't partake in the Lonestar Tourney.
  • With the main event going on I don't feel like putting in the effort for top 50, and it would be really nice if it didn't seem like 80% of 2-star tournament rewards and "event" tokens gave Cap covers. I could have a dozen maxed Captain America by now :/
  • don't go into the tournament expecting the 100pt boost to be the new version...still giving the old, "retired" version of the boost icon_e_sad.gif
  • Xiphoen wrote:
    don't go into the tournament expecting the 100pt boost to be the new version...still giving the old, "retired" version of the boost icon_e_sad.gif
    Isn't that a good thing? +3 > +1.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:
    don't go into the tournament expecting the 100pt boost to be the new version...still giving the old, "retired" version of the boost icon_e_sad.gif

you can't replenish the new version of the boost until you "unlock" it, which means those of us that haven't chanced upon a reward of it don't have the ability to use it past the 3 retired ones we get from the reward...should give the new version since the old version is supposedly "retired" anyway according to the R48 patch notes.
  • Xiphoen wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:

you can't replenish the new version of the boost until you "unlock" it, which means those of us that haven't chanced upon a reward of it don't have the ability to use it past the 3 retired ones we get from the reward...should give the new version since the old version is supposedly "retired" anyway according to the R48 patch notes.
    Fair enough. As one of the lucky ones, I don't mind seeing the +3 version still, though you're right - for consistency, it should be completely retired.
  • I entered the last one early to farm ISO, but this time I want to just get in late and grab at least two more Psylocke covers.

Also, I keep seeing the tournament title as Magenta Mayhem.

And I prefer it.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I entered the last one early to farm ISO, but this time I want to just get in late and grab at least two more Psylocke covers.

And I prefer it.

I keep cyan it that way too. It makes me want to puce.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I entered the last one early to farm ISO, but this time I want to just get in late and grab at least two more Psylocke covers.

And I prefer it.

You can farm iso in the Lightning rounds this time around, though?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

And I prefer it.

I keep cyan it that way too. It makes me want to puce.

Orange you glad I didnt... um... ugh! I give up. I'm no good with puns. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Sweet, more Psylocke.

Sorry to nitpick, but perhaps black should be abbreviated as "k" instead, as to not get mixed up with blue?
  • Woop going to get some more Psylocke covers.

Maybe I'll pump more ISO into C Mag.
  • jozier wrote:
    Woop going to get some more Psylocke covers.

Yeah, i was reluctant to do that before, but with this tourny again and no doubt more villain LR in the future i said screw it and finished mine off. No regrets so far, he's a powerhouse alongside my punisher.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:

Mine is currently level 95 and I have 50k to push him to 120 if I really wanted to... I'm still trying to hold out for nerfbat announcements: I'm going to be sad if he gets nerfed to the point where he is just okay. Without blue being 5AP, I don't see him being as good of a compliment to Punisher anymore.
  • jozier wrote:

Mine is currently level 95 and I have 50k to push him to 120 if I really wanted to... I'm still trying to hold out for nerfbat announcements: I'm going to be sad if he gets nerfed to the point where he is just okay. Without blue being 5AP, I don't see him being as good of a compliment to Punisher anymore.

MIne is 107. I'm hoping for a top 5 finish in Psylocke even though I have a 5/3/5 Mag, just in case we get the nerf announcement and he needs respec (yay for respec!).

He's a fun guy to play with. But I don't know if I need him much higher, especially since he's boosted in MM.