Magnetic Mayhem 2 - Feb 26 - Feb 28

Options

Comments

• Have a 5/3/5 level 105 with the iso to finish him off but just waiting on the word of his balancing. I had 2 reds in cache even but had to sell one today because it was expiring. Really hope the announcement is soon
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Have a 5/3/5 level 105 with the iso to finish him off but just waiting on the word of his balancing. I had 2 reds in cache even but had to sell one today because it was expiring. Really hope the announcement is soon

Looks like we have a couple of weeks before any nerfs are incoming, so no announcements yet.
  • Yay, another chance to get my red up on my xforce. If I win this and the pve event I could have him at 5/4/1 (200k iso currently..would be higher but I've been throwing chunks at ppl. 40 lvls to psylocke, few lvls to punisher, etc...and Omg I love the "skip changes" for iso grinding in lr) by Monday.

At this point I will be pretty unhappy if xforce still sucks after buffing him. Also..WHERE IS THE XFORCE BUFFFFFFFFF.
  • LOL 200k iso. I was so proud of myself for saving 25k before i dumped it into CMag but it wasn't even worth 20 levels /sigh
  • Wait I just looked at the tourney end time, does this really end at 2 AM EST?

EDIT: Nevermind phone was glitchy. Was showing Fresh Cut and Magnetic Mayhem ending at 2 AM EST and there was no lightning round. Weird.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been hovering around 50th in my bracket, trying to remain just at the cusp of the 45 level break. I'm hoping to land in the top 45 to get at least one (edit) Psy cover. If I'm slow and careful in my matches my 84 Thor / 56 classic Magneto / 85 OBW has done pretty well.

Who do you guys target first if there's both a high/max classic storm and a high/max OBW on the same enemy team? It seems like once OBW gets her steal/heal loop revved up its game over, but that raging tempest can get annoying fast. Hmm...
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    I've been hovering around 50th in my bracket, trying to remain just at the cusp of the 45 level break. I'm hoping to land in the top 45 to get at least one (edit) Psy cover. If I'm slow and careful in my matches my 84 Thor / 56 classic Magneto / 85 OBW has done pretty well.

Who do you guys target first if there's both a high/max classic storm and a high/max OBW on the same enemy team? It seems like once OBW gets her steal/heal loop revved up its game over, but that raging tempest can get annoying fast. Hmm...

I go for Storm everytime. That Wind Storm is nothing to mess with.
  • Puce Moose wrote:

I go for Storm everytime. That Wind Storm is nothing to mess with.

Same. You have to play pure defense there. Deny blues and purples at all costs. Note whether or not OBW needs 3 or 4 purple matches to pull off Recon in case you have to choose between one or the other colors for a match that turn. Heals are annoying to endure, but either Wind Storm or Aggressive Recon executing is deadly.
  • Looks like Bugpop is in my bracket. Usually manage to avoid strong forum people in my brackets, cant win them all. In 10th going to sleep heh.
  • Aren't both MN Mags and C Mags supposed to be buffed? I see the ISO 8 crystal, but no buff... Anyone else see this?
  • Oh GODDAMMIT.

More AWESOME Psylocke covers.....

Rrrrg.

.....ffffffggfine.

OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT: IHatePVP is going to PVP.
    I Just hope I don't get stomped TOO hard w/no Classic Magneto(Classeto? Magcheato?) in the roster.

Also going to wait untill server maintenance concludes. Maybe I get in the "500-to-win" bracket. Or, ooo, ooo, oooo, maybe they have diff. bracks for us class-less ones?

Lastly, not going for #1 again; just the Psyke covers(current: 1/2/2). In theory, that means Top 15 is okay, but...

Top 5 gets MURDERBLADE!!! icon_twisted.gificon_cool.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • Puce Moose wrote:

OBW is way more dangerous than classic Storm. If you get hit by an Aggressive Recon you'll probably end up eating a Wind Storm anyway except you'd also have no AP too. Raging Tempest is just something you have to tough it out.

Now if it's OBW versus modern Storm, that's actually a pretty hard choice.
  • TheFallen wrote:
    Aren't both MN Mags and C Mags supposed to be buffed? I see the ISO 8 crystal, but no buff... Anyone else see this?

They're buffed, but they've been reducing the amount of buffs. I did some calculation and my Magneto receives a 47% HP buff, which is considerably below the usual 80-100%, never mind the +200% stuff in events like Big Thunder.

To be fair, this is probably a good idea, because a lot of those tournaments are turning into "Ares and sidekicks" or "Thor owns all" when the featured character is boosted 200%.
  • Phantron wrote:
    They're buffed, but they've been reducing the amount of buffs. I did some calculation and my Magneto receives a 47% HP buff, which is considerably below the usual 80-100%, never mind the +200% stuff in events like Big Thunder.

To be fair, this is probably a good idea, because a lot of those tournaments are turning into "Ares and sidekicks" or "Thor owns all" when the featured character is boosted 200%.

Yep, I also felt the buff is lower than in first round...

The 200% Ares/Thor was certainly insane. In the wolverine tournament it was lower still 12 red one-shot quite anyone.

OTOH low buff means losing flavor, making the featured hero irrelevant. Guess they try to calibrate the proper value, I expect it somewhere in the 40-100% range, but only start using CMags and not used MN at all, in first round avoided big C while 85 MN was usually in simpler company.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Yep, I also felt the buff is lower than in first round...

The 200% Ares/Thor was certainly insane. In the wolverine tournament it was lower still 12 red one-shot quite anyone.

OTOH low buff means losing flavor, making the featured hero irrelevant. Guess they try to calibrate the proper value, I expect it somewhere in the 40-100% range, but only start using CMags and not used MN at all, in first round avoided big C while 85 MN was usually in simpler company.

A level 141 Psylocke still hurts a lot when I ran into her, and that tournament was also on the new 'weaker buff' rules I think. I think Psi-Katana did like 1300 damage and 300/turn from the attack tile and it's certainly not something you want to get hit by very often.

Even at 80%, if the featured hero is at all strong, it usually turns the fight into just a one man game and your other two characters are only there for their special non-damaging abilities, and that's pretty lame too.
  • Buffed Magneto is ridiculous... Don't even need a board full of blue to oneshot people. 1k+ damage per swap!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, just joined a bracket and I'm seeing 2-3 guys with 3 level 100+ characters at the top of my bracket right now. I think I need to rethink my PvP joining strategy...
  • Phantron wrote:
    Even at 80%, if the featured hero is at all strong, it usually turns the fight into just a one man game and your other two characters are only there for their special non-damaging abilities, and that's pretty lame too.

The other side is that these tournaments are not meant only for owners of maxed thing. Especially ones held near the intro of a new hero where most people have 0-3 or 0-6 covers. And then a good buff can make the leader interesting to use rather than be just ballast.

While those who spent up on explicit covers or the aimed tokens can enjoy the benefit. I recall the first Ares event as really fun and cool -- mine was in the middle and getting built during, and I fought many mixed teams.

Then for the second round a few days later I have it maxed and too many other people also, or very close. It was just a slaughter-fest, not too fun after the first couple of matches. (Especially the AI failing the chiken game just as with Spidey mirror: you just had to make sure your Ares tanked their early onslought then killed off their Ares using those gifted greens.

So I'd consider such availability factors in the buff amount, just as the normal use of the leader character with commonly available mates.

Mags just became available from regular tournament prizes, and we had another go of that , so tuning down buff sounds a good idea to me.
  • Hm debating respeccing Mags eventually to 5/5/3. But issue for me is that while I may not get 13 swaps routinely, each purple cover increases the damage per swap as well.
  • jozier wrote:
    Hm debating respeccing Mags eventually to 5/5/3. But issue for me is that while I may not get 13 swaps routinely, each purple cover increases the damage per swap as well.

LOL, three absolutely killer abilities... I'm just growing mags -- he was the last addition to my roster completing it, like 2 weeks ago, since got to 2/4/2. Has pretty little experience yet reaching usability a day ago. But most likely will go for 5/5/3 too. Maybe 5/4/4 but wouldn't go lower than that in first two for more purple.

Blue must be low-cost to be repeatable. And I play with strike-producers that makes red deal a ton of damage, I estimate way more than purple per AP and with better application. a few reds usually sit around and even without damage it would look like out of jail free card to rearrange a kitty board.