Magnetic Mayhem 2 - Feb 26 - Feb 28

Options

Comments

• windfallstar
    Options
    I also got bumped down to 5th and broke shield at the last minute. Definitely one of those times that I wish the leader boards would be available for viewing after the event was over.
  • ToryTory wrote:
    I think someone else really wants it. I'm a fairly new player so I'm just still testing the waters. I managed to get my Ares from 60 to about 82 with the current PVE. Gunning for first is probably still out of my league.

Good work, Tory. icon_e_smile.gif Guess you got a defensive win and Tolhe started the match too late to finish...
    I see my bet on height worked fine and the gap served exactly as I wanted it. And even xbat made it after all, I saw him oscillating an falling back and back to #6.
  • EvilSongoku, I have to give you props, that was very well played. Grats to you for the win.

That was the most fun I have had in a tourney in quite a while. It is like speed play to the extreme.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Damn, went up to one and got attacked at the last minute to drop to second...
    Ouch! I managed to maintain my lead, I 3rd place try to push in so I did a just in case match to get further ahead with <1min.
  • Color me pissed. Liaomiao, wherever you are. F you lol. F you like the plumber f ed your mom last night. Who is fat...and ...ugly. like your sister and/or brother or dog. I hate you, I hate your family, I hate your friends, and I hate your face. We are done....professionally...we are done.

Must have had a really low bracket or hit a dead zone mmr as he was able to go from 850 to 1000 untouched in about 10-15 min. I wasted so many shields just to end up #2 :/

Now watch me miss top 2 in my pve and feel even shittier since ibam busy all weekend lol. Just wasted 500 hp. Moral of the story? If you feel like you are going to have go push at all? Just give up, save on the hp, and go play plants vs. zombies garden warfare. Better than call of duty: ghost for multiplayer. I am not even joking.
  • UGH. Top 15 only. Oh well. I wanted that 4th Black cover but I'll live. 4/3/3 Psylocke now. *sigh*
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Ugh, didn't make it icon_e_sad.gif

Oh well, two covers is still fine. Puts Psylocke at 1/1/1 now.
  • Kinda wanted the red Wolvie, but managing 3 brackets made me underestimate my time. Had to settle with 3 top 5 finishes. If I don't pull at least 1 Psylocke Ima be sad.
  • Color me pissed. Liaomiao, wherever you are. F you lol. F you like the plumber f ed your mom last night. Who is fat...and ...ugly. like your sister and/or brother or dog. I hate you, I hate your family, I hate your friends, and I hate your face. We are done....professionally...we are done.

Must have had a really low bracket or hit a dead zone mmr as he was able to go from 850 to 1000 untouched in about 10-15 min. I wasted so many shields just to end up #2 :/

Now watch me miss top 2 in my pve and feel even tinykitty since ibam busy all weekend lol. Just wasted 500 hp. Moral of the story? If you feel like you are going to have go push at all? Just give up, save on the hp, and go play plants vs. zombies garden warfare. Better than call of duty: ghost for multiplayer. I am not even joking.

You lost first the moment you got into my bracket lol.

Lol indeed.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    ToryTory wrote:
    I think someone else really wants it. I'm a fairly new player so I'm just still testing the waters. I managed to get my Ares from 60 to about 82 with the current PVE. Gunning for first is probably still out of my league.

Good work, Tory. icon_e_smile.gif Guess you got a defensive win and Tolhe started the match too late to finish...
    I see my bet on height worked fine and the gap served exactly as I wanted it. And even xbat made it after all, I saw him oscillating an falling back and back to #6.

I saw Tolhe unshield at 2 mins, so I gave it a crack anyways since I was so close. I spent some iso for a couple of +Green/+Purple boosts and somehow the board was on my side. Finished level 85 C.Storm/MN Mag/ and a 90 Spiderman in 3 mins. I got enough iso from the easy mode event due to the unlocked event so the +1k iso was delicious. I ended the Magnetic Mayhem at 875 points. It's my first time to place first! And I placed top 5 in both EZ/Hard round PVE's so I made back some of my HP.

My X-force wolv has 2 covers now, the first being a standard recruit token pull the day I started playing. Can't believe its been 2 1/2 months now! icon_eek.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    UGH. Top 15 only. Oh well. I wanted that 4th Black cover but I'll live. 4/3/3 Psylocke now. *sigh*

I didn't think you got the last one in on time, as I was watching the leaderboards.

Whoever jumped us both ended up in 4th, pushed me to 5th, and you to 6th.
  • BBBomber wrote:
    EvilSongoku, I have to give you props, that was very well played. Grats to you for the win.

That was the most fun I have had in a tourney in quite a while. It is like speed play to the extreme.

Sorry if you needed that wolvie. I was just racing to get as many points in as I was madly doing pve and then finally turned my attention to pvp last 30 min and was gunning for 500 to get that HP.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Not shielded and none is attacking me. It always makes me wonder if I'm not in my own sandbox.

This tournament went almost without attacks for me and kept me wondering the same almost icon_e_smile.gif
    In the final hour I got 2 hits on the shield after all (40 + 46) guess those people cached the retal for the last fight icon_e_smile.gif

And seem tanking works to huge effect. I didn't do it much this far and had much harder time. So sad one must go ahead for a bunch of intentional losses for victory, shame on the designers.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    UGH. Top 15 only. Oh well. I wanted that 4th Black cover but I'll live. 4/3/3 Psylocke now. *sigh*

I didn't think you got the last one in on time, as I was watching the leaderboards.

Whoever jumped us both ended up in 4th, pushed me to 5th, and you to 6th.

I forget his name but he had 724 points when I had 726. Guy underneath me had 725. I should have gone for the easy fight but I went for one worth 29 points with a team that took its time, I got stunlocked a bit unfortunately. Cost me the cover. Oh well. There will be more Psylocke covers eventually.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was sitting in 1st place for a solid 9 hours of shield
    checked my phone with 3 mins to go, 2nd and 3rd place players were still shielded, so I stop paying attention

Ended in 2nd >:(

Gotta make sure I have a 60+ pt lead next time >:(
  • cain84 wrote:
    Color me pissed. Liaomiao, wherever you are. F you lol. F you like the plumber f ed your mom last night. Who is fat...and ...ugly. like your sister and/or brother or dog. I hate you, I hate your family, I hate your friends, and I hate your face. We are done....professionally...we are done.

Now watch me miss top 2 in my pve and feel even tinykitty since ibam busy all weekend lol. Just wasted 500 hp. Moral of the story? If you feel like you are going to have go push at all? Just give up, save on the hp, and go play plants vs. zombies garden warfare. Better than call of duty: ghost for multiplayer. I am not even joking.

You lost first the moment you got into my bracket lol.

Lol indeed.

I know right? Foot meet mouth. Although not really, as I was more of talking to Ben, who wasn't running a 130+ team nor
    In an amazing mmr grouping as I saw him a few times earlier. Regardless, its my own fault. I got busy and decided to prioritize the other stuff over the game. By the time I was playing in the last 30-35 min the damage had been done. If you don't have an easy mmr to team ratio its very very hard to push more than a hundred points without retaliations starting to rain down. The fact that liaomiao was able to push without shielding meant I had basically lost the moment our mmr to character lvls were compared. So while Ben lost the moment he got in my bracket...I lost the moment I was in liaomiao's (well, more like I should have pushed a bigger lead, but how was i suppose to know he would jump so fast? Sometimes there really is just nothing you can do unless you are willing to burn hp for no immediate reason).

Mhee, just a game. The angry is of course a joke. Well played to him. I take back what I said about his dog even.
  • I spent 375 Hero Points on this tourney.

To many, it may not seem worth it. But I got first place, so it was worth it to me.

I was first place for a while, then some-guy-who-will-not-be named tried to overcut me with a mere 14 point lead.

Joke's on him. See how he likes being overcut with a few mere points.

I just hate these overcutters. If you want to aim for 1st place, do a better job.
  • that was a harsh bracket soenottelling
    I shielded 5 times or so in the last hour, two of them for honestly like 5-10 seconds lol
    someone hit me for 44 points right at the end which forced literally a 5 second shield or so
    i tanked the lightning rounds all week as i'm maxed on all 3* covers aside from the new guys, so i fell into an easier mmr
    but yeah, our bracket sucked, well fought ppl
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    that was a harsh bracket soenottelling
    I shielded 5 times or so in the last hour, two of them for honestly like 5-10 seconds lol
    someone hit me for 44 points right at the end which forced literally a 5 second shield or so
    i tanked the lightning rounds all week as i'm maxed on all 3* covers aside from the new guys, so i fell into an easier mmr
    but yeah, our bracket sucked, well fought ppl

Wow, I wish I have the HP you guys have, seriously. Out of curiosity, how much HP did you spend and still have?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made top 15, so I'm happy! That's my first Psy cover (actually (2) Psy covers), and I fought a lot of fun fights. I learned to fear and respect ** Magneto and (as always) hate Ares with a passion.