***** Black Panther (Civil War) *****

12346»

Comments

• Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    To activate yellow, does the match need to be done by BP or any team member?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Edgeman said:
    To activate yellow, does the match need to be done by BP or any team member?

/quote

Stupid wsyiwyg editor!  Cant close the quotation.  Anyway, the text of bp yellow says "when you make a yellow match" suggesting that any character can tank yellow.
  • UchihaSage
    UchihaSage Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    I feel like "move or be moved is still bugged"  Yesterday I had a match fighting old man logan, he did his yellow move which damaged the entire team ( I know it does not activate from team damage ), but immediately afterwards he activated his red move which in turn did 12k plus damage to BP!  The passive never activated and as such I lost the match after a few more turns....  whats the deal??

p.s. For my BP...  move or be moved should activate if damage exceeds 6800....
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champ my BP, and watching him pounce is awesome! :)

After playing around with him, i have nee found respect for his black. my initial impression was that it's meh, as it is non permanent but against a single character. 

Playing him him in the IF pvp changed my mind. With an attack tile out, i was doing 10k dmg per turn. that's crazy strong for a 9 cost ability, as it can deal up to 50k over 5 turns. 

A friend of mine said tat that he had a game with BP downing a full health thanos in a single crazy cascade (initiated by Im46 blue ability).
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Time to dust off this thread. ;)
    After a long journey I finally managed to champion my 5* BP today. Any suggestion about his best build? 5/3/5 seems to be his most common build, but I've also seen a few 5/4/4 Panthers.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats! You'll probably get more out of Panther at 5/3/5, since it's not easy to get his passive yellow damage. I try to see it as a bonus if you do. His red though, can be great. Panther diminishes incoming damage (if it's a certain amount), and sends it back at the enemy for 'free'.
    With Thanos or not, fun and good. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to dust off this thread. ;)
    After a long journey I finally managed to champion my 5* BP today. Any suggestion about his best build? 5/3/5 seems to be his most common build, but I've also seen a few 5/4/4 Panthers.

I used to have him at 5/4/4 as I Think the gains at 5 covers aren't that great for yellow and red. Then I realized I only use him with Thanos anyway and switched to 5/3/5.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    I think it is hard to find a team that work well with most of 5*Black Panther's abilities but one team that make the full use of his black and yellow ability is:
    5* Panther, 3*Storm (5/5/3), Cloak & Dagger
    Storm will generate team-up tile for Panther while Cloak & Dagger will generate black and yellow. The yellow tiles on the board will increase the chances of his yellow passive firing while gathering AP for Storm's yellow. The attack tiles generate by Cloak & Dagger will be boosted by Panther's black. The only bad part maybe will be the black generate by Cloak & Dagger will increase the chance of his Panther's black countdown being match.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for your input @Rick_OShay and @Quebbster
    Since I mostly want to use T'Challa with Thanos in PVP, I think that 5/3/5 is the better choice for me.