Magnetic Mayhem 2 - Feb 26 - Feb 28

Options

Comments

• Any chance they'll fix the trainers? I'm top 10 and everyone above me has super stupid rosters. No beginning characters, no synergy with what they run and levels of no higher than 50. Wah and cry. I play too hard for this.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get knocked down the rankings a bit, but it's been a great run today with my 72 Classic Magneto (2/2/4) / 85 Thor / 85 OBW. I managed to fight my way from 58th to 1st place, then shielded at 613 out of paranoia. I haven't been attacked too much, which is a nice change of pace. I also won two defenses - pleasant surprise. I think it's only the second time I've ever seen myself in first place (the first time was in a tournament with IW as the top prize, when the top three were fighting to avoid first to *not* receive her, before her buff).
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any chance they'll fix the trainers? I'm top 10 and everyone above me has super stupid rosters. No beginning characters, no synergy with what they run and levels of no higher than 50. Wah and cry. I play too hard for this.

Just keep reporting 'em and eventually they'll get sandboxed - and if you're lucky before then end of the tournament. Don't stop trying.
  • Killing teams with a higher average level than you while taking only 1000 total damage is getting kind of ridiculous.
  • kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    The MMR is acting very strangely this event. I got stuck with only 15-17 points challenge possiblities while having only 150 points (so there was a lot of players above me). Was forced repeatedly to take a 20 or less challenge to avoid paying the skip tax. I was saved from that by people who attacked me offering me a retaliation against a guy above my rank. Sinc then it is a little better but I have lots of 35+ with rosters far above my own and 20-, with very few around my own ranking, while generally it is the opposite where you get most aroudn your rank and a few much apart. Maybe it is just bad luck with RNG but it is certainly annoying.
  • kennardfr wrote:
    The MMR is acting very strangely this event. I got stuck with only 15-17 points challenge possiblities while having only 150 points (so there was a lot of players above me). Was forced repeatedly to take a 20 or less challenge to avoid paying the skip tax. I was saved from that by people who attacked me offering me a retaliation against a guy above my rank. Sinc then it is a little better but I have lots of 35+ with rosters far above my own and 20-, with very few around my own ranking, while generally it is the opposite where you get most aroudn your rank and a few much apart. Maybe it is just bad luck with RNG but it is certainly annoying.

I think points are just low in general right now, both because there's still a day to go and that the episode 4 PvE event is pretty draining even for those with Spiderman, and certainly those without aren't going to be able to do much of anything else on the side.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Won't be able to play tomorrow I'm afraid, but I want extra Psy covers... I had 250 HP, climbed to 500 points, got the 50 HP reward. Climbed to 705 points and number 1 and shielded.
    Our top five have 549 - 705 points. I sure hope this investment will bring at least 2 covers, because 1 at this price would be just meh. But there's no saying how placement goes in the final hours, there's bound to be some blood spilt over Psylocke...
  • I started this morning and was able to climb to 463 points and a comfortable third place, about 200 points behind 1&2, who are neck-in-neck, and 130 points ahead of 4th place. My tanking in the LRs means I'm only just starting to see 2* teams, and no level 85s yet. Probably aiming for top 5, unless I can narrow that gap a lot.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I started this morning and was able to climb to 463 points and a comfortable third place, about 200 points behind 1&2, who are neck-in-neck, and 130 points ahead of 4th place. My tanking in the LRs means I'm only just starting to see 2* teams, and no level 85s yet. Probably aiming for top 5, unless I can narrow that gap a lot.

I'd estimate you need 650+ points for t5, but you can be okay for t15 with just little going ahead and proper shielding.
  • jozier wrote:
    Hm debating respeccing Mags eventually to 5/5/3. But issue for me is that while I may not get 13 swaps routinely, each purple cover increases the damage per swap as well.
    Same boat....i posted in the character discussion: viewtopic.php?p=66627#p66627
  • locked wrote:
    Won't be able to play tomorrow I'm afraid, but I want extra Psy covers... I had 250 HP, climbed to 500 points, got the 50 HP reward. Climbed to 705 points and number 1 and shielded.
    Our top five have 549 - 705 points. I sure hope this investment will bring at least 2 covers, because 1 at this price would be just meh. But there's no saying how placement goes in the final hours, there's bound to be some blood spilt over Psylocke...

IMO should be well enough for 2.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I started this morning and was able to climb to 463 points and a comfortable third place, about 200 points behind 1&2, who are neck-in-neck, and 130 points ahead of 4th place. My tanking in the LRs means I'm only just starting to see 2* teams, and no level 85s yet. Probably aiming for top 5, unless I can narrow that gap a lot.

I'd estimate you need 650+ points for t5, but you can be okay for t15 with just little going ahead and proper shielding.

My mmr is low enough I'll probably make a second push to 600-700 points this evening and aim for a three-hour at 9:00 on the dot; that's worked pretty well in the past.
  • I'm locked in at just over 900 with second place at 700 and shielded then 500 and below. There's 2-3 high level teams that I saw going up, but definitely a stronger bracket than I'm used to being in hehe
  • Couldn't get to sleep (been working super late all week), so I made a stealth charge last night up to 936, and then shielded before the euros and U.S. night owls caught my scent. I dropped a 1-day, so I'm hoping to just ride that all the way and focus on PvE instead.
  • I'm going to try another last hour charge and get a cheap top 15 out of it. It's worked in the past two tourneys now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roya PQ wrote:
    I'm locked in at just over 900 with second place at 700 and shielded then 500 and below. There's 2-3 high level teams that I saw going up, but definitely a stronger bracket than I'm used to being in hehe

Damn it Roya, you're in my bracket. How badly do you want that red X-Force?
  • I happen to run into someone who has 5 covers in purple that has the exact same level as my Magneto with 3 covers in purple and I think it's like 550 damage per swap versus 750 damage per swap. Still, I really find the damage on Magnetic Translocation to be largely irrelevent compared to what you can do with Patch with his blue/red. Even on a standalone basis, you just rarely have very many blue tiles left after you're done with Magnetic Field and if you can resupply blue tiles because you're sitting at 20 blue, the game is obviously over anyway. I'm sure it's satisfying to drop a 10K MT on a level 230 guy but that's actually not as powerful as just zapping them for 1000 repeatedly with Magnetic Field/Magnetized Particles when you got a Berserker Rage out.
  • Blah at this mmr **** again. Lol
    Sitting at #2. Every time I unshield and gain like 50 points I start getting nailed. #1 is up over 900, about 200 points ahead of me. Haven't seen them shielded one time and haven't seen point drop. Hope they get levelled soon. Lol
  • Couldn't get to sleep (been working super late all week), so I made a stealth charge last night up to 936, and then shielded before the euros and U.S. night owls caught my scent. I dropped a 1-day, so I'm hoping to just ride that all the way and focus on PvE instead.

Unless y our in a crazy competitive bracket, you should. Lately I either make my run 8+ hours out and shield to avoid last 3 hr madness of the zombie hoard. So much better.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    I'm locked in at just over 900 with second place at 700 and shielded then 500 and below. There's 2-3 high level teams that I saw going up, but definitely a stronger bracket than I'm used to being in hehe

Damn it Roya, you're in my bracket. How badly do you want that red X-Force?

LOL. It'll be my last cover to finish Wolverine, going to go 5/5/3 since we have no clue what he'll be able to do later I figure it's a good start. Then my other long term goal, will be focussing on finishing IW. Don't worry about me though, but I will be watching it closely when I get home from work. icon_e_wink.gif

It'd be neat if we where in an alliance together that it could prevent us from joining the same bracket or something like that...random thought.