***** Jean Grey (Phoenix) *****

1234579

Comments

  • OzarkBoatswainOzarkBoatswain Posts: 645 Critical Contributor
    Seems to be a permanent change.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems to be a permanent change.

    Oh great, if this was other game I would say something like 'let's wait until we get some info from devs', but this game being MPQ we should assume before it was wrong and now they 'fixed it'.

    So great, the distance from GG and OML to the other 5s is now even bigger. This change makes her worse, now she is basically just her green icon_e_sad.gif
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,098 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure I agree polares. Her purple is her most important power pre-res. Keeping its cost low will make it better. Without it, there is no way to mitigate the drawbacks of using red.

    However, I still think that her purple should cost no more than 6ap. 7ap is just a bit too much to be spammable, and this power really needs to be cast multiple times each match to be truly useful.

    Overall I agree that oml and gg seems noticeably better than the other 5*s
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Not sure I agree polares. Her purple is her most important power pre-res. Keeping its cost low will make it better. Without it, there is no way to mitigate the drawbacks of using red.

    However, I still think that her purple should cost no more than 6ap. 7ap is just a bit too much to be spammable, and this power really needs to be cast multiple times each match to be truly useful.

    Overall I agree that oml and gg seems noticeably better than the other 5*s

    Well the point was that his red at the starting cost it is too high, that is basically why purple is her best power pre-res. Making her red go from 9 to 6 AP makes it way more viable, almost 9k and strike tiles for 6AP is ok, worse than any OML or GG power, but better than SS red or Spidey blue/green. And purple is just 1 AP more expensive from 7 to 8 (but the passive is the same of course), so I think the trade off results in a stronger Phoenix after the resurrection.

    Both SS red and Phoenix red need to be greatly improved. And probably both Spidey attacks power need to improve a little too (I prefer buffing that nerfing icon_razz.gif)
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,098 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concede that 9-->6 is a much bigger deal than 7-->8. Getting into the 2-match zone is very important.

    Overall, the drawback for her red seems much to big given its overall power relative to the 5* tier, and this does make things even worse for her.

    So sign me up for the buff Phoenix petition (and sure ss and bss too, though I care less about them since I have many fewer covers!)
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the cost is going to remain the same after rebirth then the functuon or damage needs to increase
  • Sword userSword user Age Unconfirmed Posts: 72
    Does anyone know what's going on with the tool tip for Psychic Rapport? I have 3 covers and it says that it boosts 3, lowers 2, and with 4 covers it claims to boost 3, lower 2. Does it increase the number boosted as it says here? It has the same 130 value. Anyone know if this has been adjusted to boost less tiles on a match 5?

    Is this a bug in the description?
  • GowaderacerGowaderacer Age Unconfirmed Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Not sure I agree polares. Her purple is her most important power pre-res. Keeping its cost low will make it better. Without it, there is no way to mitigate the drawbacks of using red.

    However, I still think that her purple should cost no more than 6ap. 7ap is just a bit too much to be spammable, and this power really needs to be cast multiple times each match to be truly useful.

    Overall I agree that oml and gg seems noticeably better than the other 5*s


    Couldn't agree with this more. For only 5 AP Iron Fist who is a 3 star.png converts 12 tiles AND has the potential to do some decent damage and much higher percentage to create match 5's. Although I only have 3 purpleflag.png covers for Phoenix she rarely creates match 5's to trigger her passive. A 3 star.png should never out class a 5 star.png .
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Not sure I agree polares. Her purple is her most important power pre-res. Keeping its cost low will make it better. Without it, there is no way to mitigate the drawbacks of using red.

    However, I still think that her purple should cost no more than 6ap. 7ap is just a bit too much to be spammable, and this power really needs to be cast multiple times each match to be truly useful.

    Overall I agree that oml and gg seems noticeably better than the other 5*s


    Couldn't agree with this more. For only 5 AP Iron Fist who is a 3 star.png converts 12 tiles AND has the potential to do some decent damage and much higher percentage to create match 5's. Although I only have 3 purpleflag.png covers for Phoenix she rarely creates match 5's to trigger her passive. A 3 star.png should never out class a 5 star.png .

    They both create the same number of tiles per cover, Phoenix costs 2 more ap but modifies tiles in exchange.

    What you're failing to realize is that at 5* level a match 5 cascade is lethal. I've lost 20k+ hp characters to lucky Phoenix cascades. The match 5 alone is at least 2k damage, a crit match 3+ is usually 5k+ and in the unlucky event that the critical tile makes a match 5 instead that's another 10k+. My Phoenix is 5/3/2 and with 14 purple and 8+ red on the board you're looking at some serious damage. With 10+ red on board you usually gain at least 6 red ap with a cast even at only 3 covers.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    I really hate this new change, it made a lot of sense to her red to become cheaper and her purple more expensive after the dark phoenix takes over jean when she 'resurrects', it was really cool, and really aligned with her comic personality, becoming more aggressive and less in control of the Phoenix force.

    I hate that they thought she needed to be 'fixed', she should go back to how she was. Devs restore her power set to the previous version!!!
  • spectatorspectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    and give me back the 1 turn countdown plus team stun at 5 green covers icon_razz.gif
  • vudu3vudu3 Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Hey, look! It's another of those 'is my Phoenix ready to level yet' posts.

    My Phoenix is 5/3/3. Is she ready for prime time?

    To give you a sense of my roster I have a 5/3/1, level 360 OML and 14 champed 4* characters, including all the big boys. My concern with Phoenix is that if I bring her to 360 her role will still be limited to match damage / damage sponge until I get more red and purple covers. I estimate that 3 red at 360 will only do about 3,400 initial damage.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,098 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hey, look! It's another of those 'is my Phoenix ready to level yet' posts.

    My Phoenix is 5/3/3. Is she ready for prime time?

    To give you a sense of my roster I have a 5/3/1, level 360 OML and 14 champed 4* characters, including all the big boys. My concern with Phoenix is that if I bring her to 360 her role will still be limited to match damage / damage sponge until I get more red and purple covers. I estimate that 3 red at 360 will only do about 3,400 initial damage.

    She has enough covers to be scary (though 5 purple or red would be a big improvement). Given that you also have a decent oml, I would think about leveling her.

    A pair of high level 5*s will have a lot of scarecrow value. And oml/Phoenix play well together, since the ideal way to fight both of them is to save them for last. So as a team, opponents are forced to risk either from the ashes or oml transformation (both of which mean massive aoe damage)
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hey, look! It's another of those 'is my Phoenix ready to level yet' posts.

    My Phoenix is 5/3/3. Is she ready for prime time?

    To give you a sense of my roster I have a 5/3/1, level 360 OML and 14 champed 4* characters, including all the big boys. My concern with Phoenix is that if I bring her to 360 her role will still be limited to match damage / damage sponge until I get more red and purple covers. I estimate that 3 red at 360 will only do about 3,400 initial damage.

    She has enough covers to be scary (though 5 purple or red would be a big improvement). Given that you also have a decent oml, I would think about leveling her.

    A pair of high level 5*s will have a lot of scarecrow value. And oml/Phoenix play well together, since the ideal way to fight both of them is to save them for last. So as a team, opponents are forced to risk either from the ashes or oml transformation (both of which mean massive aoe damage)

    Yeah with 11 covers you are hurting yourself not leveling her! And you should probably level her to max 420 (but my OML is also 360, so I dont konw if leveling her to max can hurt your scaling/enemies in PvP).

    Thing is, her red after last 'fix' it is never going to be really good, it is too expensive for 9 AP, it has the same problems than SS red. You probably need to start playing her so she dies soon and you can use her green.
  • morph3usmorph3us Age Unconfirmed Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hey, look! It's another of those 'is my Phoenix ready to level yet' posts.

    My Phoenix is 5/3/3. Is she ready for prime time?

    To give you a sense of my roster I have a 5/3/1, level 360 OML and 14 champed 4* characters, including all the big boys. My concern with Phoenix is that if I bring her to 360 her role will still be limited to match damage / damage sponge until I get more red and purple covers. I estimate that 3 red at 360 will only do about 3,400 initial damage.

    Agree with everyone else. My Phoenix is 3/4/1, and I'm playing her at 375. Her main role is for match damage and to generate red AP, which OML mostly uses, rather than Phoenix. Her value at this stage is for those two reasons, plus as a spoiler in combination with OML. Plus, your Phoenix is way stronger than mine. At 3 green covers, it's too risky to let her die, too high a probability of having her CD matched away. Yours has that not insubstantial advantage over mine.

    If it's a strong 4* boosted week like this week, I'd rather play XDP or Iceman with OML, but she's a great partner for OML in weeks where a decent 4* isn't boosted.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNGesus is trolling me with Phoenix covers. I am now up to eight green, four red and a single Purple. I did notice that the red is starting to have a decent base damage now. Is it Worth investing ISO into her even though I am mostly lacking her self-accelerating Power?
    She's my most covered five-star, none of the others have anything Close to a useable cover configuration.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    RNGesus is trolling me with Phoenix covers. I am now up to eight green, four red and a single Purple. I did notice that the red is starting to have a decent base damage now. Is it Worth investing ISO into her even though I am mostly lacking her self-accelerating Power?
    She's my most covered five-star, none of the others have anything Close to a useable cover configuration.
    There's no harm bringing her up to 282 icon_e_smile.gif
    I was thinking of somewhere around 300 actually. I Always have some maxed fourstars from the boosted list so it shouldn't affect my scaling.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    RNGesus is trolling me with Phoenix covers. I am now up to eight green, four red and a single Purple. I did notice that the red is starting to have a decent base damage now. Is it Worth investing ISO into her even though I am mostly lacking her self-accelerating Power?
    She's my most covered five-star, none of the others have anything Close to a useable cover configuration.
    There's no harm bringing her up to 282 icon_e_smile.gif
    I was thinking of somewhere around 300 actually. I Always have some maxed fourstars from the boosted list so it shouldn't affect my scaling.

    300 is ok, probably 330 too, but I wouldn't level her much more without getting some extra purples. At least you have 5 green covers so I guess, that if you play to get her killed she is good enough even to level her to max.

    Her red is too damn expensive, the strike tiles are not bad, but 9 is too much icon_e_sad.gif

    PS: I have 6 Phoenix covers, just one purple, I really hope by the love of god the if the reward for the 910 day is a Phoenix, it is a purple one!
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    PS: I have 6 Phoenix covers, just one purple, I really hope by the love of god the if the reward for the 910 day is a Phoenix, it is a purple one!
    The Silver Surfer and OML rewards were both black covers... No chance of Phoenix black, fortunately. I have no idea how the color of the cover is determined though, but I am definitely hoping for Purple too...
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    PS: I have 6 Phoenix covers, just one purple, I really hope by the love of god the if the reward for the 910 day is a Phoenix, it is a purple one!
    The Silver Surfer and OML rewards were both black covers... No chance of Phoenix black, fortunately. I have no idea how the color of the cover is determined though, but I am definitely hoping for Purple too...

    I think it is random. Now that we have just one cover of each 4 and hopefully each 5 in the resupply, the covers I think I read were going to be random.

    PS: This game really loves random.
Sign In or Register to comment.