***** Jean Grey (Phoenix) *****

Comments

• When will she go live and will be in LT pack?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    When will she go live and will be in LT pack?
    My guess would be at the start of the next season. So... in two weeks?
  • She'll be availible on the 12th.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    What if you clog the tiles ala Daken bacon?

https://youtu.be/b4aJNjJ2HBo?t=2m30s
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Am I the only one that thinks she seems kind of ****? (Comparitivly to 5 star standards). She is like the carnage of 5*. alone pretty good but with others she will murder them so quick(allies). An ability that only works after she has already died. A generator that doesn't directly give ap. A red that is decent until it starts giving huge enemy attack tiles.

If resurrect is matched I assume she stays dead.

Honestly if 5* became npc nodes this chick would be terrifying. As far as 5* go I'd much rather have OML or surfer
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    emaker27 wrote:
    First impression is she seems like a weak defensive character. You would want to save her for last which effectively removes 1 of her powers.

For offense, it appears to be counter intuitive to have a character get better after they die. It makes sense to never use a health pack on her so she can unleash her nuke faster.

Save a 5* for last? You better have a hell of a lot of hp then, because her match damage alone makes that feel like a bad idea.
    Unless like you can manage a perma-stun.

If your team can't stand up to her match damage and you "kill" her first, she comes back and has a good chance of nuking your team on the next turn.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's a 5* team player. SS and OML can soak up four-digit backlash damage a lot easier than 3* and 4* characters, plus both of them have true healing. Red is the only color shared by all three 5* characters, so a red accelerator is extra valuable in that tier. And killing her last to avoid From The Ashes is almost a given when her teammates have 1/4 her health, less so when they're all on the same level.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    emaker27 wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    emaker27 wrote:
    First impression is she seems like a weak defensive character. You would want to save her for last which effectively removes 1 of her powers.

For offense, it appears to be counter intuitive to have a character get better after they die. It makes sense to never use a health pack on her so she can unleash her nuke faster.

Save a 5* for last? You better have a hell of a lot of hp then, because her match damage alone makes that feel like a bad idea.
    Unless like you can manage a perma-stun.

If your team can't stand up to her match damage and you "kill" her first, she comes back and has a good chance of nuking your team on the next turn.

Depends. I will say SS will be a pretty good counter to her what with his "can't stun me here hold this black hole" stuff.
    Otherwise though since him, OML, and JG make a balanced rainbow team idk.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    i have a question, what happend if she is downed and you destroy the tittle, she is downed for good?
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    i have a question, what happend if she is downed and you destroy the tittle, she is downed for good?

Yes. IceIX stated that in another thread on the General section. (I'm too lazy to find it)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Phoenix Force has the best damage/AP in the game* at 5552.

Suggested team:
    Phoenix
    Carnage
    a green generator like Rulk or Hulk or 3* Thor

Use Carnage red to kill Phoenix a little more quickly. Get lots of green and kill everything that moves. Requires two health packs per match.

*not counting Sam Cap Dive Bomb with every tile a protect tile, which does 5594/AP
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use Carnage red to kill Phoenix quickly.
    How does Carnage red quickly kill someone with that much health?
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    simonsez wrote:

Assuming that she revives every fight, you're already going into each fight at 50% health or less.
    Or you could always just retreat at prologue till she is low then enter the fight like GRocket.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huatimus wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Assuming that she revives every fight, you're already going into each fight at 50% health or less.
    Or you could always just retreat at prologue till she is low then enter the fight like GRocket.

Yeah this is a big 'mistake' on dev part. Now we can exploit retreating to make Phoenix deadlier, great :S

OML transform works, because you need some turns before he becomes the ultimate killing machine, but in Phoenix case that is not the case, she can be killed the first turn and come back on the second. Then start spaming her green, and because OML (the only char that can kill a 5 fast enough) needs some turns to transform then maybe she wil be able to kill him even fast enough (she needs to cast it 2-3 times to kill OML).

But of course, the danger is not against 5s, is against 4s, any 4 stands a chance against this 'technique'. In 3-5 turns (two turns to come back, and whatever you need to get the AP, being just 9 AP by turn 3 you can do it) you can kill any 4 team, THAT IS FAST.
  • simonsez
    Huatimus wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

But her base is over 40k. I don't think you can retreat her down under 10k. Even at that, I don't see how Carnage kills her quickly.
  • Polares
    simonsez wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

But her base is over 40k. I don't think you can retreat her down under 10k. Even at that, I don't see how Carnage kills her quickly.

Well, it is easier than you might think. Every retreat is 1/3 less life. So you can easily begin at just 1/3 of her life retreating 2 times in prologue.

But then, for a very fast hop, you can kill yourself retreating, and then you wait 30 min until you get back with 10 hitpoints, and then start the match. Match any color that Phoenix tanks, the AI moves and voila, killed in one turn. (You can do this just once by hop, but this hop is free, the next one you can start at 1/3).
  • simonsez
    Polares wrote:
    But then, for a very fast hop, you can kill yourself retreating, and then you wait 30 min until you get back with 10 hitpoints, and then start the match.
    Ah ok, this makes sense...
  • Polares
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    But then, for a very fast hop, you can kill yourself retreating, and then you wait 30 min until you get back with 10 hitpoints, and then start the match.
    Ah ok, this makes sense...

????

Mmm it makes sense if you can use your shiny new 5 to obliterate a team of 4s in less than 30 segs icon_razz.gif. You just need to sync when is your shield going to end and the time you need to get back to live, not that difficult. And after that you play normally.

I dont think 'this technique' is going to be very useful in the long run, when people start having 5s and the system starts pairing 5s against 5s, but this first year (maybe less) people who spends money or is very lucky will be able to use it. And probably they wont need it, because who is going to attack a maxed (or almost maxed) 5 when it can attack a group of 4s. BUT hey, the system can be exploited a little ;0
  • simonsez
    Polares wrote:
    ????
    Did you misread sarcasm in that? I was agreeing with you.
  • Polares
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    ????
    Did you misread sarcasm in that? I was agreeing with you.

Ooops yeah I misread that icon_e_confused.gificon_redface.gif