***** Jean Grey (Phoenix) *****

Comments

• 4->5 Red doesnt gets much but it is to note that its one extra 400 strike tile and her purple can increase it along the other ones, and if 5 purple is so important its another tile to improve for +600.

Id still go 454, and would make me run a 355 Antman along (or else I would use a 535 Pym IF I ever used him). Spam special tiles to create the enemy attack tiles then steal them all at once, haha. OFC, two years from now if shes max covered by then.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    After having clicked for hours upon hours, here are Jean Grey Phoenix's stats as a fully promoted champion. They are eye-popping, to say the least. At 550, she is more than twice as powerful as she was at 450. Her match damage is twice what it was, and her health is well over twice what it was.

yellowtile.png 127
    bluetile.png 150
    purpletile.png 1057
    redtile.png 925
    greentile.png 1189
    blacktile.png 138
    tutile.png 597

Health: 91833

It is difficult to find out what her stats on greenflag.png are. However, her redflag.png looks like this: at lvl 3, she does 14625 damage, and at lvl 4, she does 19125 damage.

On her purpleflag.png lvl 5, she strengthens friendly tiles by 1350 and reduces enemy tiles by 1125. Hopefully that will give you some idea of what she looks like supercharged.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    greenglove wrote:
    After having clicked for hours upon hours, here are Jean Grey Phoenix's stats as a fully promoted champion. They are eye-popping, to say the least. At 550, she is more than twice as powerful as she was at 450. Her match damage is twice what it was, and her health is well over twice what it was.

yellowtile.png 127
    bluetile.png 150
    purpletile.png 1057
    redtile.png 925
    greentile.png 1189
    blacktile.png 138
    tutile.png 597

It is difficult to find out what her stats on greenflag.png are. However, her redflag.png looks like this: at lvl 3, she does 14625 damage, and at lvl 4, she does 19125 damage.

On her purpleflag.png lvl 5, she strengthens friendly tiles by 1350 and reduces enemy tiles by 1125. Hopefully that will give you some idea of what she looks like supercharged.
    I'm out. If I ever see this come up as a queue, I'm reporting asap and asking them to double check that. I know people have been pulling a stupid number of the same color of Phoenix but this is crazy. I need to know if what I see was entirely legitimate.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    greenglove wrote:

yellowtile.png 127
    bluetile.png 150
    purpletile.png 1057
    redtile.png 925
    greentile.png 1189
    blacktile.png 138
    tutile.png 597

I'm out. If I ever see this come up as a queue, I'm reporting asap and asking them to double check that. I know people have been pulling a stupid number of the same color of Phoenix but this is crazy. I need to know if what I see was entirely legitimate.

He was just saying he did this on a sandboxed account I believe, not that someone actually has this for real.
  • notamutant
    greenglove wrote:

yellowtile.png 127
    bluetile.png 150
    purpletile.png 1057
    redtile.png 925
    greentile.png 1189
    blacktile.png 138
    tutile.png 597

Thanks for saving me the time. I hope you recorded the stats at every level for those that are compiling research on scaling by level like aesothyst. Also, that must have taken you like 30 hours to pull 100 covers, although maybe the fact you didn't need to worry about duplicates made it shorter. I assume you also pulled enough to level OML and SS at the same time, right?
  • greenglove
    notamutant is correct. I did all of this on my sandboxed account. Alas, notamutant, I did not record stats on each level. Maybe I'll do that for my second set of 5 stars. I'm at 526 for Silver Surfer, and about 510 on OML. Looks like SS will have the most health. He might wind up close to 100k health.
  • notamutant
    greenglove wrote:
    notamutant is correct. I did all of this on my sandboxed account. Alas, notamutant, I did not record stats on each level. Maybe I'll do that for my second set of 5 stars. I'm at 526 for Silver Surfer, and about 510 on OML. Looks like SS will have the most health. He might wind up close to 100k health.

Take into account that the stats for the five stars are actually different from each other besides just the health, in terms of match damage. OML has the highest match damage, so if it scales similarly to Phoenix, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2.5k a tile. Pretty insane scaling man. Even the Phoenix does 6k a match at max level. 7.5k for OML would be crazy. One shot a non-championed 3 star with a single match 3.
  • greenglove
    Yeah, and a decent cascade can take out a good 4*. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • kyrain
    kyrain Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I pulled her greenflag.png with my second ever CP pull. I've been using her as a damage soak (with a vengeance) and been just dominating in the current PVE. I hope it doesn't blow up my pvp bracket generation but I couldn't be happier, she was the only star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I really cared about and I'm on my way now.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    So at what point does she become worth putting ISO into for PVP? I really haven't see that many of her. It is almost always OML or SS. I'm wondering if that is because people want to be able to run teen jean instead.

Mine is sitting at 3/3/0 right now which is why I'm curious.
  • notamutant
    madok wrote:
    So at what point does she become worth putting ISO into for PVP? I really haven't see that many of her. It is almost always OML or SS. I'm wondering if that is because people want to be able to run teen jean instead.

At that point on defense all she has going for her is match damage. Anyone with half a brain will leave her for last, making her green useless. For offense you can use her for fast wins right now, but you risk losing a lot on defense.
  • madok
    notamutant wrote:
    madok wrote:

At that point on defense all she has going for her is match damage. Anyone with half a brain will leave her for last, making her green useless. For offense you can use her for fast wins right now, but you risk losing a lot on defense.

That's what I figured not having her red. Guess I get to keep spending ISO on 4*.
  • Or save your iso to put her on the highest lv possible as soon as you pull a red cover.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled my 6th Phoenix cover making her 1/2/3, when should I start putting iso into her?
  • madok
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Or save your iso to put her on the highest lv possible as soon as you pull a red cover.

RNGesus doesn't want to give me that darn red cover though. Just got another bloody purple cover to put her at 3/4/0.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I just pulled my 6th Phoenix cover making her 1/2/3, when should I start putting iso into her?

I have no hands on experience with this question, but I started a thread on this topic over on the general forums yesterday.

From the few responses I received over there, it sounds like you are right in the border. Of you maxed Phoenix to 345 now you would get a character with a fair bit of health. Tons of match damage, and slightly weak powers compared to a top tier 4*. That will be useful in offense, but I don't know how much deterrent value she will have on defense.

Do you have a clear use for her in mind, or would you just want to mess around with a 5*?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I have no hands on experience with this question, but I started a thread on this topic over on the general forums yesterday.

From the few responses I received over there, it sounds like you are right in the border. Of you maxed Phoenix to 345 now you would get a character with a fair bit of health. Tons of match damage, and slightly weak powers compared to a top tier 4*. That will be useful in offense, but I don't know how much deterrent value she will have on defense.

Do you have a clear use for her in mind, or would you just want to mess around with a 5*?
    No real place for her right now, aside from being my most covered 5☆, she'd block me from using my championed teen Jean and leech iso from Cyclops, Iceman, XFD, all @12 covers
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,905 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

No real place for her right now, aside from being my most covered 5☆, she'd block me from using my championed teen Jean and leech iso from Cyclops, Iceman, XFD, all @12 covers

Depending on what slice you pick and how competitively you play PvP, I would recommend you wait until you have two or three more covers, especially in green or red. If you start using a 5* character for PvP, pretty much all other people running 5* characters will see you right from the beginning of their climb so be prepared take hits from people you won't be able to retaliate against. And while Phoenix is arguably the most offensively powered 5* character, she isn't very good on defense (although paired with a well leveled OML makes for quite the tricky situation).

However, if you are mainly a PvE type player, 5* make it a much more "enjoyable" exeprience. lol

If I were you, I would focus on getting your 4* main squad set up first while hoping for more 5* pulls. I would start putting ISO in her once you have cover maxed either red or green, (preferrably green). But that's just my spideycoin.pngspideycoin.png .
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depending on what slice you pick and how competitively you play PvP, I would recommend you wait until you have two or three more covers, especially in green or red. If you start using a 5* character for PvP, pretty much all other people running 5* characters will see you right from the beginning of their climb so be prepared take hits from people you won't be able to retaliate against. And while Phoenix is arguably the most offensively powered 5* character, she isn't very good on defense (although paired with a well leveled OML makes for quite the tricky situation).

However, if you are mainly a PvE type player, 5* make it a much more "enjoyable" exeprience. lol

If I were you, I would focus on getting your 4* main squad set up first while hoping for more 5* pulls. I would start putting ISO in her once you have cover maxed either red or green, (preferrably green). But that's just my spideycoin.pngspideycoin.png .

Interesting. Is that true for any 5* at any level, or can it be controlled by keeping 5*s in the 270-300 range? I would appreciate any extra details about the effects of introducing 5*s to a 4* roster re: PVP match selection.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,905 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

Interesting. Is that true for any 5* at any level, or can it be controlled by keeping 5*s in the 270-300 range? I would appreciate any extra details about the effects of introducing 5*s to a 4* roster re: PVP match selection.

As far as my experience goes, levelling doesn't matter. If you use a 5* on your PvP team, even one at base level, that other 5* teams will see you. To be honest though, as someone who doesn't have a fully maxed 5* but rides with the Surfer, I appreciate having easy 5* match ups climbing on my way up. Believe you me, those decently levelled OML fights always put the hurt on my team.