Discussion - Patch Preview: R41

1235»

Comments

• Brandonz13 wrote:
    Not filling health when leveling up is awful, it is ubiquitous with rpg's and taking it out is pulling elements that are the whole reason to play puzzle quest.

Please, do not become marvel candy crush.

You guys have been taking criticism well, as well as applying it to your game.

Listen to the people, let us level up with pride in our hearts and health as full as our love for this game

While I can understand your point, I have to fully disagree here. It was not fun to have to save up 30k iso for an end of tourney to make sure I can level up my heros enough for the final sprint. I don't want to feel like leveling up my hero is a bad thing to do, which it used to be since it meant less effective health for tournaments.
  • Brandonz13 wrote:
    Not filling health when leveling up is awful, it is ubiquitous with rpg's and taking it out is pulling elements that are the whole reason to play puzzle quest.

Listen to the people, let us level up with pride in our hearts and health as full as our love for this game

While I can understand your point, I have to fully disagree here. It was not fun to have to save up 30k iso for an end of tourney to make sure I can level up my heros enough for the final sprint. I don't want to feel like leveling up my hero is a bad thing to do, which it used to be since it meant less effective health for tournaments.

exactly what sps said, as soon as patch hit, the iso i was saving up for the end of the ffa tournament was used. the strategy of saving it and not leveling characters tilt he push for the end of tournaments was frankly what all high level tourney champs were using and being able to use iso without savving it for these reasons is a pro.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I want to (jokingly) curse the file size of this update.

I had to delete a few hundred pictures to free up storage space for it! This is delaying my end of Free for All surge!

(I know, entirely my fault.) CURSE YOU LARGE DOWNLOAD!
  • forgrim wrote:
    Brandonz13 wrote:

exactly what sps said, as soon as patch hit, the iso i was saving up for the end of the ffa tournament was used. the strategy of saving it and not leveling characters tilt he push for the end of tournaments was frankly what all high level tourney champs were using and being able to use iso without savving it for these reasons is a pro.

I agree. Thought I would not like it but it is liberating just having to plan the life refills vice ISO hoarding. Also finding that I am getting attacked less since the damage my team inflicts is not so easily refilled now. Great update!
  • Like the no health on level for many of the reasons above but the price jump in health packs is way too much. It went from a casual purchase once in a while when I had a lot of time to kill to a not worth the money proposition.

Also, there's the damage bug that's been documented in a different thread that has basically killed the fun of tournaments for me.
  • Haven't noticed a slower rate of being attacked despite the lessened heals. Then again, I have about 40+ packs saved up and I'm sure many others are similar.

@fuzzytwitch. For casuals, better to spend on building backup heroes then wasting em on health. Packs are used by pros in the prospect of obtaining good rewards. I don't see any reason to waste them "casually".
  • i think health pack change helped me not get attacked as much. Came in #2 and got hit only 3 times in the last hour, using 70 thor 60 storm and 53 daken.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    i think health pack change helped me not get attacked as much. Came in #2 and got hit only 3 times in the last hour, using 70 thor 60 storm and 53 daken.

daken. i avoid daken's due to PASSIVE PASSIVE PASSIVE PASSIVE i hate my life messages.

i'm sure others are thinking the saeme as i am haha
  • forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    i think health pack change helped me not get attacked as much. Came in #2 and got hit only 3 times in the last hour, using 70 thor 60 storm and 53 daken.

daken. i avoid daken's due to PASSIVE PASSIVE PASSIVE PASSIVE i hate my life messages.

i'm sure others are thinking the saeme as i am haha

lol i hope that was the case icon_e_smile.gif
  • I used to level my characters then level them almost all the way, fight with them then level up to heal. It's a strategy I don't think it was overpowering and no one is forcing people to do it. It's just the way I like to use my ISO, it keeps the game going for longer, I play a game to play it, not wait for people to heal. I get it to an extent, it just sucks I can't do this anymore