Discussion - Patch Preview: R41

Comments

• That sucks. I just jumped up a level yesterday. I never used to see triple digits. Now I am skipping like crazy, but it is better than getting matchups worth 0-3 points.
  • My current lineup in the lightning round is Hood lvl 15, iron man m35 lvl 50, and storm classic lvl 57. Those are my two highest heroes.

My current lowest possible opponent I could find was Hood lvl 15, Thor lvl 85 and Storm classic lvl 64. Everything else was Hood lvl 30 ish, and mixes of heroes lvl 90 or higher.

Needless to say I haven't beaten much of anyone this week in lightning rounds.
  • -Heroes that level will no longer be able to avail themselves of a free instant Health Pack to return to full health.

Not happy about this at all.
    However, S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters are working feverishly to mitigate this attack. They've managed to raise the Agent's Health Pack maximum to 5 from 4 and lower the amount of time it takes to requisition a new Health Pack to 36 minutes from 96. Health Pack costs have risen slightly as well, from 15 for 1, 60 for 5 to 25 for 1, 100 for 5.

This is helps, but this still comes off as a move to bait players to use IAP to purchase health packs. Not a fan of any energy system in a game.
    - H.A.M.M.E.R. soldiers have become more aggressive when Agents and their teams fall back from combat, much as Tournament opponents do now. When retreating, damage equal to one third of each character’s health will be suffered.

Seems fine.
    - Tons of back end changes to support upcoming UI changes and future Event types
    UI

Yay.
    - Ability maximums are now listed for each character in the Ability Screen for each character
    Characters

Sounds good.
    - Added upgrades to Levels 2-4 of Daken's Pheremone Rage

Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
    Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
    Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength

He's an annoying character, but this at least makes him more useful.
  • the not healing at leveling has a pro and con for me. con being we can't do it anymore and it sucks since healing is now only spiderman, environmental tiles (LOL), and health packs. unless you buy more health packs. the pro is, and its pretty big for me, i don't have to try to game the system anymore. during the last hour tourney rush, its imperative to be able to heal quickly and continue on, so i always have this level buffer to use to level up and heal instead of leveling the character without any thought.

ex. my juggernaut for this tournament is 35 and i plan on keeping him this way. takes about two fights with tanking and headbutting before i need to heal him, and that'll be 5 heals + 5 heal packs, so 20 fights in very minimal time due to the headbutt galores.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    I'll toss up Patch Notes on it in a couple, but we managed to finagle the Health Pack changes into the R40 version. So, one extra Health Pack and increased healing time. Characters will still heal on level ups until R41 though.
  • The increased costs to buy health packs sucks.
  • IceIX
    Toxicadam wrote:
    The increased costs to buy health packs sucks.
    We're looking see how it pans out with the other healing changes. Those costs are one thing server side that's trivial to raise up or down.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I'll toss up Patch Notes on it in a couple, but we managed to finagle the Health Pack changes into the R40 version. So, one extra Health Pack and increased healing time. Characters will still heal on level ups until R41 though.
    You mean decreased?
    Toxicadam wrote:
    If it were up to me, you wouldn't even be able to buy health packs.
  • IceIX
    You mean decreased?
    I meant increased as in it's faster to regain Health Packs than before, but yes, the timer itself is decreased. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    We're looking see how it pans out with the other healing changes. Those costs are one thing server side that's trivial to raise up or down.
    I really think that needs to be looked at again. Raising from 15 to 50 / 60 to 200 is over a 300% price increase. Give a quick call to the executives at Netflix and get their opinion of how their 60% price increase went over. Granted, we are comparing apples to oranges, but I think the original increases that were posted (I think a pack of 5 went from 60 to 100) was more reasonable, and understandable.
  • Everly wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I really think that needs to be looked at again. Raising from 15 to 50 / 60 to 200 is over a 300% price increase. Give a quick call to the executives at Netflix and get their opinion of how their 60% price increase went over. Granted, we are comparing apples to oranges, but I think the original increases that were posted (I think a pack of 5 went from 60 to 100) was more reasonable, and understandable.

Yeah, definitely not buying health packs at that price.
  • ccseifert wrote:
    Everly wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Yeah, definitely not buying health packs at that price.

Well, that might be the point. Maybe they were seeing too many people buying them and wanted to see if raising the price would balance it out more. I couldn't bring myself to but them at their previous price. I need all the HP I can get. Especially playing f2p.
  • Everly wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

My guess is that it's at that price until R41 drops for a reason. Namely, since we're still getting heals off of level up at the moment, packs might still be a bargain at the original R41 price given the overall increase in healing over what was intended per the original R41 notes. Wouldn't be surprised if the cost ends up coming back down a little when the metrics start coming in on the new patch after level healing is removed.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Well, looks like R41 is up for download on the app store.

This might be a bad question to ask...but is it advantageous to not download the update until after this tourney finishes later today?

I'm often tentative about applying updates for any sort of software right before a big event.
  • IceIX
    Nemek wrote:
    Well, looks like R41 is up for download on the app store.

This might be a bad question to ask...but is it advantageous to not download the update until after this tourney finishes later today?

I'm often tentative about applying updates for any sort of software right before a big event.
    There aren't any updates in R41 that will change your gameplay style, so nothing that you'll be gaining by staying on R40 for a little longer. It'll take you a couple minutes to upgrade, but other than that there shouldn't be any other effects.
  • Playing on Android and just got a pop up during a match informing me of the new patch. Nice to let me know, but the problem is I can only click the OK button and it loads the app store. When I go back to the game, the pop up is still there. I literally can't finish this game and have to instead update the game then restart.

Edit: updated the game, was told I lost the match and when I went back in to finish it off, his guys are all at full health. Annoying.
  • Same pop up on iPhone. It's a 90MB update, which is more than I want to download over my carrier's network.

Please don't do this in future updates.
  • Same thing happened to me. Not happy at all. Additionally, it shows Juggernaut still has his buff, but he is not behaving the same way as before. Before the update, he was the lead on almost all of my matches, now with the same team, he's only taking the lead on black matches.
  • IceIX
    Regalis wrote:
    Same thing happened to me. Not happy at all. Additionally, it shows Juggernaut still has his buff, but he is not behaving the same way as before. Before the update, he was the lead on almost all of my matches, now with the same team, he's only taking the lead on black matches.
    Looking into that. There's also a thread in the Bug forum on it.
  • Not filling health when leveling up is awful, it is ubiquitous with rpg's and taking it out is pulling elements that are the whole reason to play puzzle quest.

Please, do not become marvel candy crush.

You guys have been taking criticism well, as well as applying it to your game.

Listen to the people, let us level up with pride in our hearts and health as full as our love for this game