Discussion - Patch Preview: R41

Options

Comments

• Possibly just an incentive to use Daken over Wolverine. I don't use either so I can't really say.
  • M1NDS3T wrote:
    I don't get the Daken buff. Having just played against a level 80+ who was hitting like a truck every turn (I only won by about 180hp) I don't see why he needs improvement.

And I'll miss the heal on level up, but the reduction on the timer for new health packs is a trade-off I'm happy to make.

Doesn't Daken have a max level of 69?
  • The combination of poor tournament design that requires fast win speed to be competitive combined with her skill set enabling fast wins has lead to a decrease in team diversity. It's simple stuff.

As for the other, you get more heals now. Healing from level ups actually made the strategy work less the more you leveled.[/quote]

i think its very clear the correction that's occurring as the game ages. classic storm teams are rarely ever in the top 20 anymore. every team i fight against (and i assume my matchmaking rating is ridiculous cuz all i get are the big dogs), and none of them are running a classic storm + fodder team.

(i'm running a classic storm, thor, and a jugger team right now)
  • forgrim wrote:
    i think its very clear the correction that's occurring as the game ages. classic storm teams are rarely ever in the top 20 anymore. every team i fight against (and i assume my matchmaking rating is ridiculous cuz all i get are the big dogs), and none of them are running a classic storm + fodder team.

(i'm running a classic storm, thor, and a jugger team right now)

Two words: PvE tournaments.
  • When is the patch planned to come out? I want to know if I should save some ISO for the iron man tourney this weekend or use it all for this Free-for-all.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    When is the patch planned to come out? I want to know if I should save some ISO for the iron man tourney this weekend or use it all for this Free-for-all.
    Wish I could give you a date, but I can't since it's all tied up on build review/approvals that are out of our hands.
  • IceIX wrote:
    When is the patch planned to come out? I want to know if I should save some ISO for the iron man tourney this weekend or use it all for this Free-for-all.
    Wish I could give you a date, but I can't since it's all tied up on build review/approvals that are out of our hands.

In other words -- they're waiting on Apple (and maybe Google Play) to approve the app. That typically takes 5-10 business days.
  • Was the Patch just released?

I have 5 heals with 35 mins refresh, but character got healed on level up
  • Noticed the same. Strange thing that about half of the patch preview is already life now... The daken change, the health pack limit and recovery time...

Hey IceX, was the R41 preview an April fool to hide the truth which you call R42? icon_razz.gif
  • Sorry for double post, but phone won't edit my last one.

Just noticed they even doubled the price on health packs. It's not 25/100 like the preview said, it's 50/200... :'O
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Everything does look to be in place but I still get full healed when leveling up my Heroes.
  • Hopefully it'll stay that way for now hehe. It really benefits the people who are still in the process of levelling champions and less for the players who have already got theirs up to a high level.

(Runs off to make use of it)
  • Fix the PVP match making already. I am sitting here unable to play because I only draw other players twice my level in every PVP tournament. My highest characters are lvl 50-ish and i get matched against level 80-115 3 star characters every draw. My well of money for this game is now dried up because constantly losing is not fun! I refuse to pump hundreds of dollars into this game to be able to keep up with other people.
  • ur matchmaking rating must be really high, sooner or later u'll take a bunch of losses and be placed where you are at, my opponents go up and down due to this
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    ur matchmaking rating must be really high, sooner or later u'll take a bunch of losses and be placed where you are at, my opponents go up and down due to this

I wish they would fix matchmaking as a whole as I tend to fight the same 30 players across all tournaments.
  • i went into the top 10 in shield tourney, kept facing off the same opponents, and now that i'm neglecting the shield tournament and taking a bunch of losses there, i'm facing off against new ppl in the free for all tournament.

so i agree, mmr based on tournament is probably better for different opponents reason. i see the same names over and over at the top but the more i drop, the variety becomes higher
  • so what, I have to lose to go down? So what, just kamikzae my lower level characters to lower my rating?
  • I think it was mentioned somewhere that it is based on how well you are ranking in tournaments. I'm not sure on that, but either way it should take care of itself.
  • i've had a few top 5's from early on, but mostly out of the top 1000 or I don't bother because I can't beat anyone.
  • that should read top 50's not top 5's.