*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

17374757779

Comments

  • I hope they definitely make some changes, no one will miss the Heal just like no one misses 2* Hawkeye's Avoid ability. Anyone remember that skill...? No, exactly.

    As a player of less than 5 months, I've not seen an ability outright replaced. What happened? Did people who had built 2* Hawkeye wake up one morning to find they had a completely different skill on their character?

    Surely, to avoid outcry any changes where an ability is outright replaced should be presented in an optional format? Either take the character out of rotation and replace with an alternate version of the character so only vets keep the old version, or new covers for the replaced power prompt players to relinquish the old power if they apply the new cover to the character.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Not only that, but there are players who are happy with Spider-Man's healing power, and changing the power whole sale will cause issues for people who use the power as is, and there would be completely justifiable complaints.

    Who is happy about Spider-Man's Heal? I've never read that anywhere! It's too expensive and needs web tiles to be useful.

    I've liked it in loaner nodes, and want to build it myself to run with some of my teams. I like Widow's Heal in 2 star a lot, and while the Spidey one may not be as potent, its also in a different color that I don't use often with my roster. I unfortunately don't have the covers yet to try it long term, and can only go by loaner node performance.

    Could he be better? Absolutely. But I don't think changing his powers completely is the solution.
  • Completely agree he needs some changes. God I miss old spidey with the 2 ap ability. That's when he was king
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:
    No.
    1* are allowed to have slightly over powered abilities because they aren't usable outside of a certain range. If 3* spiderman got these abilities, pair him up with Xavier; I'm sure you could often hit 1 or 2 crits with 4 criticals already lying about the board.

    I really don't see how this is any worse than what people already do with GSBW's deceptive tactics to achieve the same and yet more devastating effect other than if you make sure yellow is your strongest power then triggering it will feed back yellow. If you wanna talk about this combo being OP GSBW would still be a worse offender because she can control it and it leads into the ever mighty game ending sniper rifle, where with this you can't control where the crit tiles go, its completely random, can backfire by not using up all the crit tiles and doesn't blow apart a whole team.

    honestly does this ability not cost enough total AP spent to pull off such an effect?

    Lead ups to the 4 crit condition:

    -Spectacular Strategy 8 yellowflag.png > All Tied Up 5 blueflag.png > Spectacular Strategy again 8 yellowflag.png = 21 AP used

    -All Tied Up x3, 15 blueflag.png > Spectacular Strategy 8 yellowflag.png = 23 AP used

    - Spectacular Strategy x3 = 24 AP used (not the best way but its still a way to do it)

    By all rights I really can't say a combo costing this much AP is OP, its an AP investment that actually pays off and isn't team shattering like GSBW + PX if that's your argument.
  • I really should have said that 8 AP for 2 random criticals is the OP part as opposed to taking it to the more extreme version.

    Spiderman has more health than GSBW the frail sniper.

    There are a decent amount of players who like the shields that ***Spidey auto produces on match => also why Cage is so popular; he does it better.

    With 2 crits there's still a decent chance of getting a crit, if not at least 2k+ damage just from matching them.
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:
    I really should have said that 8 AP for 2 random criticals is the OP part as opposed to taking it to the more extreme version.

    Spiderman has more health than GSBW the frail sniper.

    There are a decent amount of players who like the shields that ***Spidey auto produces on match => also why Cage is so popular; he does it better.

    With 2 crits there's still a decent chance of getting a crit, if not at least 2k+ damage just from matching them.

    alright so lets make this the goal then, we push it to a mid-late game level power by adding additional effects to it to raise the cost to better reflect its impact on the match.

    This is a really rough draft of adjustments

    -keep the cost 12 yellow

    -Add the team heal effect to Spectacular Strategy

    -adjust the value of heal: total heal is 3248 with 3 web tiles and 2314 w/o, take away the consumption of web tiles, in return lower the heal amount some, but do keep the bonus heal from them. web consumption is bad, bad, bad, it hurts both his stun and his protect tiles effectiveness.
  • Buret0Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I fixed this character, please see:

    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36799&p=457576#p457576
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Am I in minority when I say that I like the current 3* Spidey? I mean, he is support after all.

    I use him along with Loki & Wolverine Patch, and managed to win some pretty tough fights. I have a 3-5-5 build.
    His purple is good for protecting against the early damage, until you gather enough black to use Loki's trickery. Loki & Patch are already a good team up, and Spidey helps with cheap stuns and eventually some healing. I think his purple is underrated.

    He could also be paired with Kamala Khan & Psylocke for a rainbow team.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Am I in minority when I say that I like the current 3* Spidey? I mean, he is support after all.
    Probably, but you are not alone. The main problem with Spider-man is that he is all defense, and defense alone doesn't win you any games. With the right teammates he can be amazing though - I don't know how I'll get through Enemy of the State now that he is not boosted...
  • ronin_sanronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    As of R93, it looks like Spidey has a new character tile -and- a new character select screen pose. It looks awesome.

    Hopefully he gets reworked to match the updated look.
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,240 Chairperson of the Boards
    dat neck in his portrait on the the character selection screen, what happened there?
  • Dev93LDev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    His neck is a bar of soap, he squats on an upside down statue, and he looks kinda like Miles when he throws a punch. Oh and he has the old animations.

    T-thanks, D-D3?
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,240 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dev93L wrote:
    His neck is a bar of soap, he squats on an upside down statue, and he looks kinda like Miles when he throws a punch. Oh and he has the old animations.

    T-thanks, D-D3?

    After wondering myself what the hell is he standing on... first I thought a table, then one of those backless seats...

    but I think it's the top of a street lamp, not a model seen often but makes more sense than a table icon_lol.gif
  • smoq84smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    His new avatar is a bit strange... I don't know why they change it, it would be better if they change his powers icon_e_wink.gif
  • Philly79Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    smoq84 wrote:
    His new avatar is a bit strange... I don't know why they change it, it would be better if they change his powers icon_e_wink.gif

    Its because they focus on things like this instead of fixing actual problems with the game..."Players are screaming about the iso shortage? I know, let's change Spider-Man's appearance!" "Players are sick of the 20 iso reward time after time? Let's get a team together to work on the next intro screen!"
    Nuff said...
  • carrion_pigeonscarrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Spider-Man from 1* land is fun. Crit tiles are an underused area of design space, and it makes sense for a character without a nuke to have access to them. I'm not saying 3* Spidey should get the same power as 1*, that'd be ridiculous, but I would love to see a design involving crit tiles somehow.

    Speaking which I'm just really sad that the 5* Spidey has nukes. They should have found a way to make a 5* support character that felt utterly ridiculous. Would have been awesome.
  • eidehuaeidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Philly79 wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    His new avatar is a bit strange... I don't know why they change it, it would be better if they change his powers icon_e_wink.gif

    Its because they focus on things like this instead of fixing actual problems with the game..."Players are screaming about the iso shortage? I know, let's change Spider-Man's appearance!" "Players are sick of the 20 iso reward time after time? Let's get a team together to work on the next intro screen!"
    Nuff said...

    This is the wrong thing to be critical about-- you can't expect the art team to start coding and creating new systems the coders and designers are supposed to do.
  • Azoth658Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Lots of love for the new Spidey art.

    I would really love some damage based attack applied to 3* Spidey though. Maybe a tweak to all tied up so it causes damage when used on a currently stunned character? That way you need 10 blue AP to generate damage so it wouldn't turn him into an Overpowered character but at least if he is the last man standing it isn't a waiting game to die because match damage on high level enemies rarely wins matches.
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    They tweaked Quicksilver. Maybe Spidey is next then Iron Man.
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Lots of love for the new Spidey art.

    I would really love some damage based attack applied to 3* Spidey though. Maybe a tweak to all tied up so it causes damage when used on a currently stunned character? That way you need 10 blue AP to generate damage so it wouldn't turn him into an Overpowered character but at least if he is the last man standing it isn't a waiting game to die because match damage on high level enemies rarely wins matches.

    What you're saying is not bad, they could tweak it like that. But I got to say that I like the current 3* Spidey. I think it needs very minor adjustments. His role is support. He is not supposed to deal damage I think.

    Just played him today with Loki & Patch against 2 wave requirement mission from 7 round Galactus Hungers, and while my Patch died, I thought I'm gonna loose the match with almost dead Loki and half health Spidey. But before you know it his healing (only 3 covers) made the match in my favor, despite the fact that none of them had damage output. Healing, stuns, and match tile damage. And it's not the first time I won a match with him like this, so... no I don't think it's that rarely.
Sign In or Register to comment.