*** Bullseye (Classic) ***

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    The perfect ProfX and GSBW partner?

Infinite loop into ProfX nerf confirmed.

On offense, very likely. On defense, it'll be a terrible team because it has low HP overall and the AI will have no idea how to run it.

His purple might make him a good addition to a Patch/Hulk bomb team as well, though. Using his purple to finish off characters relatively close to death, both triggering his black and reducing overall damage to your Hulk per match a little.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    wymtime wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm surprised. I thought Ragnarök got respec'ed to 3* when he got a third power. Figured they'd do that to Bullseye too instead of creating a whole new iteration.
    I am confused Ragnarok was always a 3*?

Yeah, Rags was always a 3* but he was stuck with a lower level cap due to the 2-power structure.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't use infinite loops for PvP. (Except for old cmags)

GSBW purple costs 11 AP, and makes about two green match 5's. ProfX gives 8 purple back.

Bullseye uses 11 green AP to make at least one match 5 on another color. Get 4 purple AP back.

You're only missing 1 green for infinite loop, and you can likely get that in a line match 5, or if you can make more than one match 5 on Bullseye. That looks easy if it increases to more than 4 targeted basic tiles.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated OP with info for the maladjusted Daredevil-girlfriend murdering machine.
  • Der_Lex
    scottee wrote:

I try to avoid them for PvE too, so my scaling hasn't become unmanageable when the loop inevitably gets nerfed into oblivion.

It's a solid PvE team though, although it'll take a little while to get going.
  • Der_Lex
    Ice, question about his purple: is it possible to target/destroy only one special tile?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Torn on a "best" build. 5 green seems like a no-brainer. But maxing purple, you may not always have tiles to select. And maxing black relies on Bullseye landing the killing blow (only useful twice in a match). My gut says 535, but I could see 355 as well.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Ice, question about his purple: is it possible to target/destroy only one special tile?
    Yep.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Well, I write something, then they post the full stats while I'm writing. Time to start from scratch.

His green is horrifying. Seriously. In the right hands, you're taking out a 4 star in 1 swoop. Plus, he has 4.5 criticals. That's the price of admission right there. Useless in the hands of the AI so not a good defender though.

His Black is pretty meh. Maxed out I'm not impressed.

His Pink does a boatload of damage for 7 AP. And it can yoink friend or foe, so I think that's a playable one.

Overall, I like him. He's not tier 1, but he's totally worth a roster slot.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Yep.
    Interesting. The ability at 1 says "2 selected" but the maxed abilities say "up to 2 selected..."
  • Der_Lex
    Now that we have his full stats, I'm a bit less enthousiastic about him. Purple never going beyond 2 destroyed special tiles really limits its usefulness, and 5 tiles for green isn't that much either for 11 green. Combined with his low HP he becomes a very situational character.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    scottee wrote:

GSBW purple costs 11 AP, and makes about two green match 5's. ProfX gives 8 purple back.

Bullseye uses 11 green AP to make at least one match 5 on another color. Get 4 purple AP back.

You're only missing 1 green for infinite loop, and you can likely get that in a line match 5, or if you can make more than one match 5 on Bullseye. That looks easy if it increases to more than 4 targeted basic tiles.
    ...who ran old cmags when sentry hood was around? Suicides?

Looking at the full stats yeah, this character is good for exactly one thing, climbing seeds on LRs. He doesn't offer enough to run it anywhere else. Purple will be a pain in the **** when he's boosted, and he'll only show up scaled to kick our **** at pve afterwards.
  • Deadly precision does seem pretty good, although I wish they would change it's name and make it Quicksilver's blackflag.png instead.

Seems 5/3/5 a natural build for him, as his passive is going to trigger twice a match at most, and the tile turnover on 13 vs 7 is not going to give you that many extra turns of use out of the extra 8, they will degrade twice as quickly. Obvious partner would be Daken, create strike tiles with green to throw at the enemy, as well as feeding Daken's blue with his passive.
  • Nice, with a good black (I'm thinking cage/xforce with maxed yellowflag.pngblackflag.png), he purpleflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png is going to be a rainbow pve superstar next to steve yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm surprised. I thought Ragnarök got respec'ed to 3* when he got a third power. Figured they'd do that to Bullseye too instead of creating a whole new iteration.
    I am confused Ragnarok was always a 3*?

Was he? I would have sworn he was a 2* who got respec'ed.

'Course, I stopped playing for several months after the Steam Cloud change got introduced because it ate the stronger roster I had on my desktop and overwrote it with the weaker one I had on my laptop (I eventually came back and built the weak roster up because Puzzle Quest).

So my memory may be faulty.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really dropping the ball recently with character releases, this guy is terrible. Good news is in the hands of the AI he'll be useless. Also what's the deal with all these purple / green users? GSBW used to be unique, then we got SG, Kamala and IF. A yellow purple besides Fury is sorely lacking (Starlord doesn't count because his yellow is terrible) and I wouldn't mind another purple/black.

Purple is decent, not 100% sure how I feel about eating your own tiles to deal damage when he himself can't really produce them.

Black is terrible. Even if you do get it to proc it only produces 819 worth of tiles at max cover/level. Should be something like "Blood in the Water / Contract Killer" - whenever Bullseye deals damage to someone which results in them being under 50% life, produces 2 strength 63 strike tiles. If Bullseye downs an opponent, he cashes in and creates X Strike tiles.

Green seems pretty good but will be next to useless in the hands of the AI.

Coding wise it may be difficult but purple should vary what it does depending on the board state. My guess is that purple will not function unless at least 2 tiles are present (since you need to target them rather than it auto selecting like Settlement or Radar Sense). I'd rather it function (randomly) like Radar Sense if at least 1 special tile is present, otherwise create 2 strike tiles and deal (25 or 50% damage). As is he's pretty useless without someone who can create tiles for him and it will be extremely difficult getting the killing blow with him since his green doesn't hit that hard and his purple can't really be self enabled.

Also if you're going to leave black like that it has to be game ending if it goes off. Strength 120+ (realistically 200+) strike tiles or bust.
  • Black can't be worse than Grocket blue. I understand there are survival nodes in the game, but if you're going to cripple abilities because of them, might as well not even put those abilities in the game.
  • I don't know if characters get extra power if they only have one or two good abilities (e.g. Captain America) but I don't think it's entirely fair to compare his black to I Got A Plan as that's pretty much R&G's only good offensive move. Even someone as good as Black Panther only has two usable abilities, and is his two abilities that good because Defense Grid is useless? All of Bullseye's abilities are at least usable in general and maybe that's the direction they want to go, having 3 abilities that you can use that are close to each other in power instead of someone with effectively only 2 moves that are very powerful.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    His purple puts Daredevil to shame. Daredevil at 5 covers (which no one actually will do, but just to compare) does the same damage, but requires you to get rid of 5 ENEMY tiles. Bullseye can target friendly tiles as well, so you can make a team that will always have them out. Also, 7 AP is a huge amount less than DD. Yes, DD does have his red which does a lot more damage than any other red out there, but it isn't so likely to hit ever that it matters.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't know if characters get extra power if they only have one or two good abilities (e.g. Captain America) but I don't think it's entirely fair to compare his black to I Got A Plan as that's pretty much R&G's only good offensive move. Even someone as good as Black Panther only has two usable abilities, and is his two abilities that good because Defense Grid is useless? All of Bullseye's abilities are at least usable in general and maybe that's the direction they want to go, having 3 abilities that you can use that are close to each other in power instead of someone with effectively only 2 moves that are very powerful.
    Do you see yourself fielding this guy? Because I see you here talking about using guys like QS but when I queue you in pvp you're always using exactly what everyone else uses.