**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• Spiderman is probably not going to stay as powerful as he currently is for long.

OBW is a significant liability on defense in PvP so I think it's a reasonable tradeoff.
  • Unknown
    Unknown GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    News shows that there are changes coming to bag lady.

New Force Field Crush
    • Unlocks 1 random Force Bubble, destroying the 9 surrounding tiles (dealing damage & generating AP).
    • Does 42 damage for each Force Bubble unlocked
    • If there aren't any Force Bubbles, creates 1 in a random location.
    • Ends the turn
    Cost: 9 AP
    Upgrades:
    • Level 2: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 84 damage
    • Level 3: Unlocks or places 2 Force Bubbles
    • Level 4: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 168 damage
    • Level 5: Unlocks or places 3 Force Bubbles

Please note that the upgrade path outlined in the original post (original details provided above in quotes for reference) contain an error. The correct upgrade path should be as follows:

• Level 2: Unlocks or places 2 Force Bubbles
    • Level 3: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 84 damage
    • Level 4: Unlocks or places 3 Force Bubbles
    • Level 5: Each unlocked Force Bubble does 168 damage

The rest of the updates listed in the announcement remain unchanged. The original announcement post has been updated to reflect this correction as well.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please remove "ends the turn" on Force Field Crush.

There were many places in the battle against level 240 characters where I could have used her if she wasn't ending the turn every time she made a move.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Her yellow actually saved my bacon in the savage land fight with ares and co. My Magneto had taken significant damage, so I protected him. Venom got off a stun and used thorned rose, giving him enough black for devour, but it didn't affect magneto, and was able to take venom down.

I still wish that the yellow could be used offensively to make an enemy insubstantial (can't use abilities or make matches, can't be harmed) as I think it would make her more versatile. For sheer versatility, I prefer Spidey or OBW.
    Wait, so you can put the invisible character in the front? Or was it only because of the stun he didn't pull an avoid
  • Spoit wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Her yellow actually saved my bacon in the savage land fight with ares and co. My Magneto had taken significant damage, so I protected him. Venom got off a stun and used thorned rose, giving him enough black for devour, but it didn't affect magneto, and was able to take venom down.

I still wish that the yellow could be used offensively to make an enemy insubstantial (can't use abilities or make matches, can't be harmed) as I think it would make her more versatile. For sheer versatility, I prefer Spidey or OBW.
    Wait, so you can put the invisible character in the front? Or was it only because of the stun he didn't pull an avoid

Venom stunned the team, but Magneto wasn't affected. 3* Magneto, not Hawkeye.
  • Edited to reflect the actual skill build
  • Phantron wrote:
    So as expected the blue protect file might as well invulnerability at level 5. Only a handful of AP moves would even put a serious dent on that kind of protection. A second Force Bubble would basically prevent you from taking damage for the rest of the match by simply locking up every blue except the one your protection tile is on.

I noticed that reshuffle completely breaks the arena. Not sure if it's bug or feature.

And if you lock much stuff it will reshuffle, right?
  • Spoit
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Venom stunned the team, but Magneto wasn't affected. 3* Magneto, not Hawkeye.
    No, I meant that upthread people said that the invisible person dodged out of the way to make the damage go on someone else, like hawkeye's avoid. Nice to hear that it blocks stuns too
  • I feel like her green shouldn't end the turn when its in the create bubble mode. Ending the turn was a precaution for gaining ap from destroying the force bubbles, so it doesn't make sense for the ability to do that when it's not destroying tiles.

Yep, definitely.

By the way how the crash works? kills the 8 tiles around, then the center one falls 1 down and all the others around fall in the space as a single event?

ABC
    DEF
    GXH
    IJK
    LMN

->
    *B*
    AXC
    LMN

?
  • Yes, it drop down and the bubble is gone. Abilities that reshuffle the board seems to clear bubble in one go, or maybe its just lucky cascade.
    pasa_ wrote:
    I feel like her green shouldn't end the turn when its in the create bubble mode. Ending the turn was a precaution for gaining ap from destroying the force bubbles, so it doesn't make sense for the ability to do that when it's not destroying tiles.

Yep, definitely.

By the way how the crash works? kills the 8 tiles around, then the center one falls 1 down and all the others around fall in the space as a single event?

ABC
    DEF
    GXH
    IJK
    LMN

->
    *B*
    AXC
    LMN

?
  • Back to what I wrote early in the thread on the blue ability. I proposed that the blue ability when applied to friendly tiles keeps the effect on, effectively protecting them from harm. The reaction was that even just protecting its own shield tile would be imbalanced. I have my doubts but let's accept it for the time.

However what about friendly countdown tiles? Why not protect them and keep them working? Fragile as they are they deserve protection. And theme-wise it shall fit fine.
  • When force bubbles are applied on friendly countdown tiles it should not cancel the effect, but keep them ticking and enjoy some protection from the forcefield.
  • Bad idea. Way too overpowered.
  • Overpowered how? The countdown is quite a penalty in itself. If you happen to sit on 14 AP why not do something good? The base case is that the counter works, right? just have some chance to get nuked -- what you here take away paying through the nose. Few turns ahead any difference disappear.

The most interesting counter would be the Molotov Coctail that respawns -- but I don't see even that as a powerhouse, do you?
  • Do most people agree that 3 5 5 is the optimal way to build her?
  • Liaomiao wrote:
    Do most people agree that 3 5 5 is the optimal way to build her?
    x/5/x imo.
  • Spoit
    Options
    4/5/4 might be interesting. It'll bring it down to 5 yellow matches, and 3 bubbles popped
  • Hmm, the last level in the final skill doubles its damage though, from 84 to 168, or do you think that AP generation is the crux of it? Or you saying that there are better things to spend your green ap on?
  • I went 3/5/5. 15 yellow is still way too expensive for an avoid. You cant choose where to place the invisibility tile as well.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Liaomiao wrote:
    Hmm, the last level in the final skill doubles its damage though, from 84 to 168, or do you think that AP generation is the crux of it? Or you saying that there are better things to spend your green ap on?
    Just that it was interesting, if you intended to actually use invisibility as more than a hail mary, last chance kind of thing. I personally will probably be going 3/5/5
This discussion has been closed.