**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• Haven't really bothered to try out her powers. Does being protected mean you completely negate attacks? Or does it just pull off a Hawkeye's Avoid where the damage just gets redirected?
    Both, avoid if there are others up and negate damage if you're the only one up who's protected.
  • Looks like the change is live now
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shame on me for selling her for more space since she sucked, I was never going to use her, and I was never gonna get enough copies. Oops
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    Looks like the change is live now

Indeed it is.

I've done some testing on my 138 Invisble Woman. Her stats at this level are as follows:

HP:4241
    Tile damage: 57/10/50/8/44/9
      Grant Invisibility - Yellow 18 AP
      The Invisible Woman hides the weakest member of the team. Turn a chosen basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it's on the board, the invisible character can't be targeted.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Costs 1 AP less Level 3: Costs 1 AP less Level 4: Costs 1 AP less Level 5: Costs 1 AP less

I have the following power at level 5 and it reads as follows:
        Force Bubbles - Blue 13 AP
        Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save her team. Locks 8 chosen tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a blue Protect Tile with a strength of 546

I have the following power at 5 and it reads as follows:
          Force Field Crush - Green 9 AP
          Invisible Woman shatters a 3x3 area around 3 random Force Bubbles. Each Force Bubble deals 496 damage and it's unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles on the board, she creates 3 in random locations. This ability ends the turn.

I tested Force Field Crush in Shield Training, at my level she deals ~2050 damage while generating a good chunk of AP and it ends the turn. It's not so bad for 9 AP.

With Magneto Marvel Now feeding her blues, getting 8+ bubbles on the grid is not so difficult. And with Force Field Crush generating AP she also does a decent job feeding herself and Magneto. My third character on the team is The Hulk, he helps a bit generating green AP for himself and Susan, these three seem to work well together.

There may be a better team for her, I'll spend some more time testing and I'll let you all know.

I know there is someone out there with a 240 Invisible Woman (their name escapes me), if they can post her Blue and Green power details that would be great!

*Credit goes to Shikao for the post color coding and layout.
        • So as expected the blue protect file might as well invulnerability at level 5. Only a handful of AP moves would even put a serious dent on that kind of protection. A second Force Bubble would basically prevent you from taking damage for the rest of the match by simply locking up every blue except the one your protection tile is on.
        • Level 2&3 of her green are switched from what was posted. 2 bursts two bubbles for 42 damage each. 3 raises the damage for each bubble to 84.
        • Her blue ability looks real good. Green and yellow, not so much.
        • Spoit
          Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          a 546 protect tile, and only at about half the max level icon_e_surprised.gif If you get enough AP, can you see if you get a 2nd if you cast it again?
        • If this is what they did to Sue, I can't wait to see what's in store for Xforce Wolvie...
        • mischiefmaker
          Options
          I feel like Wolvie would be fine if he just had decent scaling on his powers. 13 strike tiles would be ridiculously great if they maxed out at 2* Wolverine's level, or even a touch lower; slash would be pretty good too if it scaled similarly to 2* Wolverine's (250 base, 2225 max; so 4* would be 420 base, 3738 max, +50% damage, for 5607 plus three rows of tiles). Yellow would still be pretty sucky but hey, he's also got 9k hp, that's a pretty playable character.
        • I only seem to get yellow covers icon_e_sad.gif i really want to try her blue. I also don't like that green ends her turn...
        • Where all I get is Green. Her blue is definitely the best cover for her, if you are only going to have one.
        • I tried her yellow. All my team went to invisible one by one.
          The cost is ok. And its kinda op in Pve.
        • I did more testing on yellow. Look like enemy aoe would break invisibility. But the invisible tile remain on the board.
          The invisible person also takes aoe damage and become targetable
        • hurcules
          hurcules Posts: 519
          Options
          xinyucao wrote:
          I did more testing on yellow. Look like enemy aoe would break invisibility. But the invisible tile remain on the board.
          The invisible person also takes aoe damage and become targetable
          Sounds logical to me. Invisible != Invincible. AoE damages should damage someone as long as that someone is in the area, visible or not.
        • Was just playing with the new iw and she was amusingly fun paired with my team c.magneto and hulk. The protect tile made hulks anger5 much better but when I tried locking all the blue tiles it stopped my magnetic trans location skill from working lol.

Some more experimenting is needed but so far I like the new changes
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          I feel like her green shouldn't end the turn when its in the create bubble mode. Ending the turn was a precaution for gaining ap from destroying the force bubbles, so it doesn't make sense for the ability to do that when it's not destroying tiles.
        • My mistake, the invisibility is lost when I lock up the tile,sorry for the misinformation.
        • It's okay for damage prevention abilities to be strong because whatever HP you lost prior to that point, you're still down those HPs. Even if the blue protect tile is simply indestructible, you'll still eventually run out of HP since it takes a good amount of blue to use that, and of course some AP consuming moves can still punch through it.

Does the blue protect get created on a random tile or does it convert an existing blue to a blue protect? I was reading the description and it soundsl ike the former, and in that case you should simply lock up all blue the first time you use it, so the newly created blue protect will have very few tiles that can be matched against it.
        • Her yellow actually saved my bacon in the savage land fight with ares and co. My Magneto had taken significant damage, so I protected him. Venom got off a stun and used thorned rose, giving him enough black for devour, but it didn't affect magneto, and was able to take venom down.

I still wish that the yellow could be used offensively to make an enemy insubstantial (can't use abilities or make matches, can't be harmed) as I think it would make her more versatile. For sheer versatility, I prefer Spidey or OBW.
        This discussion has been closed.