**** Invisible Woman (Classic) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• I tried using her in heroic oscorp. Sadly, she's not as useful as storm (her green is godly at 30 ap lol).

My one is only 1/3/2 (level 65). So lack of cover and level might be the reason to feel she is still underpowered.
  • Max covered for quite some time now and I still see no reason to put any ISO into her. I rather save the ISO for the hero of the week.
  • Of course there's no reason to use her yet. She's obviously meant to be a denial/board control type of character, but if you got IW anywhere near a usable state you should have Spiderman with 5 blue who is currently the ultimate in denial.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    Is anyone using Invisible Woman?

I posted my personal experience using this updated Invisible Woman on page 5 about two weeks ago, I don't find her all that useful

I was specifically asking about now, rather than 5 weeks ago, considering she's in the Oscorp Heroic chapter.

I said 2 weeks ago, but my mistake then, you asked "Is anyone using Invisible Woman?" in the Character Discussion topic, if you had asked that question on the Oscorp Heroic topic then I would've assumed what you meant
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone used IW in the past 37 minutes to any great effect?
  • Clintman
    Options
    Clint wrote:

Seriously? No one in the past 37 minutes has used IW to great effect? I find that hard to believe... OMG Devs buff her already!!
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

Seriously? No one in the past 37 minutes has used IW to great effect? I find that hard to believe... OMG Devs buff her already!!

I just killed a level 50 Sniper, does that count?
  • Clintman
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

icon_e_smile.gif
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    I said 2 weeks ago, but my mistake then, you asked "Is anyone using Invisible Woman?" in the Character Discussion topic, if you had asked that question on the Oscorp Heroic topic then I would've assumed what you meant

You're right.
    SirKopath wrote:
    Doubtful, very few people have enough covers and levels to make her useful.
    Phantron wrote:
    Of course there's no reason to use her yet. She's obviously meant to be a denial/board control type of character, but if you got IW anywhere near a usable state you should have Spiderman with 5 blue who is currently the ultimate in denial.
    MPQ209.png

When does she become useful? I can't see her as useful at any level. I've been trying. I think Bag-Man is easier to play.
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

All my snipers are level 206-230. The levels randomly go down but then go back up. Flamethrowers and Silent Strikes are hard to deal with when using her.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:

When does she become useful? I can't see her as useful at any level. I've been trying. I think Bag-Man is easier to play.

I honestly think 4* characters are pretty useless until you get them up to a point where their match damage equals that of a max level 3* character (much like many 3* don't really shine until 98, with some exceptions). Her abilities still .... stink.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    SirKopath wrote:

I honestly think 4* characters are pretty useless until you get them up to a point where their match damage equals that of a max level 3* character (much like many 3* don't really shine until 98, with some exceptions). Her abilities still .... stink.

She's kindof a Bag Man, Captain America, and Hood Hybrid.

Got the high priced tile lockdown of Bag Man
    Got a high defense tile ability like Captain America
    Got an ability similar to Twin Pistols

Invisibility is unique
    Her locked tiles stay put, so cascades occur differently.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi, Svatlas,

Could you say more about what you're seeing? I'm not seeing this - when a character is invisible, they aren't affected by matching damage. They are affected by abilities that target the entire team, though ("area of effect" abilities).
  • What's a good build for her, 5/5/3 or 4/5/4?

Her green is an end of turn move, so I don't think it's any good to use it. But green at lvl4 creates 3 bubbles with 9 AP. It might be useful in some circumstances?
  • 3/5/5 is the best build for her.
  • Hi Demiurge_Will, I have fought against Hammer in heroic mode ( iw was invisible) and the sniper(or other) attack did hurt her and everyone else. My whole team died. Is that normal? If so, she is the half useless and a legendary character not worthy. Thanks for the answer
  • Nah, I'm going 5/5/3. Bubble Crush sounds like a waste of resources to me.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Max yellow + the hood could potentially be an extremely annoying AI team
  • I think it'd be pretty hilarous if you program the AI to say, pop invisibility, bubble all but one yellow tile (the one with the invisibility) and then pop up a message like "Pssst, I noticed your team has no direct tile destruction abliity, so it'd probably take 2 hours before you finally win this fight, so I'd give up now if I were you"
  • Just imagine an invisible patch and invisible woman team, that might be hilarious. Just hope ai use berserker rage instead of force field crush. Only need a yellow generator to make the team. Maybe there will be one later on.

Maybe Thor red nerf is based on this too, I really hoped the red does less damage but generate more tiles.
  • Puritas wrote:
    Max yellow + the hood could potentially be an extremely annoying AI team

Assuming the AI doesn't use twin pistols instead.
This discussion has been closed.