*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Kingpin finally has a really good partner. Constant target for gambit and feeds purple to convert to yellow.
  • Seems like an easy 3/5/5. She's an ap battery with a weak team nuke.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    Seems like an easy 3/5/5. She's an ap battery with a weak team nuke.

The upgrade from 3 to 5 green is marginal at best. 1 extra tile? And ability to destroy any tile (including drop tiles and CDs), woo.... icon_rolleyes.gif

At best I'd call this a 33% upgrade over 3 covers, more like a 25%. And this power still converts green AP to not green AP, usually a very poor decision in 3* land (there is a reason 1* Storm is awesome and 3* Storm is useless). Purple is a 50% damage upgrade and a 150% stun length upgrade.

At the very very least 4/4/5 for the stun length and extra tile seems like a solid choice, but I'm thinking more like 5/3/5. Plus she generates purple, so having a good purple is good. Internally consistent characters are good.

Also, weak team nuke? She does approximately the same damage as Thor but trades the bonus 2200 for a 5 turn stun, and I am totally ok with that. Just because she isn't Deadpool is no reason to knock her purple ability. Of course if you want to bring Deadpool and use his purple that's fine too, but 5/3/5 probably still best for when the enemy team kills your Deadpool first because of Life of the Party.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

The upgrade from 3 to 5 green is marginal at best. 1 extra tile? And ability to destroy any tile (including drop tiles and CDs), woo.... icon_rolleyes.gif
    I'm not running any team that will trade 14 purple for 6k damage. 14 purple is gonna get me around 12k damage.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

I'm not running any team that will trade 14 purple for 6k damage. 14 purple is gonna get me around 12k damage.

Really? Not even in a PvE node against Deadpool? Not even in when your Deadpool is down and you are out of Health Packs? And what about when she's boosted to 290 for her PvP? Then she will be doing at least 9k damage if not more plus a 5 round stun.

Even if you plan to never use her purple bottom line is her green ability is bad. Especially in the 3-5 cover range it's really really bad. 2 covers for an additional tile and CD handling? Pass. 5/3/5 all the way.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

Really? Not even in a PvE node against Deadpool? Not even in when your Deadpool is down and you are out of Health Packs? And what about when she's boosted to 290 for her PvP? Then she will be doing at least 9k damage if not more plus a 5 round stun.

Even if you plan to never use her purple bottom line is her green ability is bad. Especially in the 3-5 cover range it's really really bad. 2 covers for an additional tile and CD handling? Pass. 5/3/5 all the way.
    I'm not building a character for those 3 examples. If green adds the possibility of a single more purple ap, it's better than whatever her nuke does.

The additional tile could easily be the one that triggers a cascade. And I assume your Lcap is 5/4/4 since CD handling is so useless?
  • No, but my 4Thor is 5/3/5 because CD handling is so useless.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    If invisibility powers remain as cheap as they are, I think 5 in green is the way to go. Very few characters can deal with invis tiles -- Captain America is the only one I know of. The downside is that it's likely useless when used by the AI. Her purple being Area of Effect also lets her deal with invisible characters.

I'll need to test out her passive to know its effectiveness.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I like the character very much, except for her costume. Can you guys do anything about it? She's supposed to be scarlet. There isn't much scarlet there. It's mostly black. She should look much more like the cover does, in my opinion.
  • I am thinking 4-4-5 what do you think? I am assuming the "chance to destroy any non friendly would be frozen, countdown, invisible?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    No, but my 4Thor is 5/3/5 because CD handling is so useless.
    That's the reason? You're using that character wrong then.
    Mine is 535 because I need 3 turns stun and max damage, not because "f cooldowns"
  • DMCarson wrote:
    I am thinking 4-4-5 what do you think? I am assuming the "chance to destroy any non friendly would be frozen, countdown, invisible?

You can not destroy a frozen. Any attempts to destroy a frozen either fail (captain america) or just unlock it (any kind of board shake). In this case it's just unlock.

Hex Bolt at 4 will destroy CDs, Invis, Drop Tiles, Web Tiles, Attack Tiles, Strike Tiles, Protect Tiles, Charge Tiles (probably), any any other special they come up with. It will ignore friendly specials.

4/4/5 is not a bad compromise, and I'd cover her to that if I happened to get those covers, but I'm just not that worried about special tile destruction. enemystrike.png / eattack.png / enemyprotect.png make up a huge bulk of the specials if you discount goons.

Although, 5 green gains some merit if you use her to hoover Charge Tiles for AP. Although it's RNG nature leads me to believe this won't reliably work, which is why I think 3 in green is the best way to go.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Mine is 535 because I need 3 turns stun and max damage, not because "f cooldowns"

Yea, and my L.Cap is 3/5/5 because his yellow is terrible, and not because "countdown removal is awesome". So what?

Bottom line is that green power is terrible. I'd like to see some MPQ simulator cascade stats but my feeling is the 1 extra tile will not make the difference to justify the damage loss to purple. The special tile handling at 3 is fine, adding 1 tile at 4 and adding "any tile" at 5 is not a huge upgrade. If you want to run her as literally a prop to Deadpool that's fine. I'm not going to do that.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Yea, and my L.Cap is 3/5/5 because his yellow is terrible, and not because "countdown removal is awesome". So what?

Bottom line is that green power is terrible. I'd like to see some MPQ simulator cascade stats but my feeling is the 1 extra tile will not make the difference to justify the damage loss to purple. The special tile handling at 3 is fine, adding 1 tile at 4 and adding "any tile" at 5 is not a huge upgrade. If you want to run her as literally a prop to Deadpool that's fine. I'm not going to do that.
    Yes, deadpool. That's the awesome character I'm fueling with purple. Lol
  • The thing is not that only at 5 covers the green can handle CD tiles, but that even at 5 green the tiles destroyed around are still random and could not even handle the CD tile you wanted to destroy to begin with. Better stun the one who sent the CD tile and guarantee it to stop, 5 turns is a lot.

What else 5 green could do is trade 8 green for 5 sorted AP. But who would want to do that?! Yeah some teams dont have a green user, like... like...
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    The thing is not that only at 5 covers the green can handle CD tiles, but that even at 5 green the tiles destroyed around are still random and could not even handle the CD tile you wanted to destroy to begin with. Better stun the one who sent the CD tile and guarantee it to stop, 5 turns is a lot.

What else 5 green could do is trade 8 green for 5 sorted AP. But who would want to do that?! Yeah some teams dont have a green user, like... like...
    Like wanda iron fist BP
    Produce purple into produce black into rage. Green makes cascades boosted via BP yellow and help match black.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    The thing is not that only at 5 covers the green can handle CD tiles, but that even at 5 green the tiles destroyed around are still random and could not even handle the CD tile you wanted to destroy to begin with. Better stun the one who sent the CD tile and guarantee it to stop, 5 turns is a lot.

Like wanda*iron fist* BP
    Produce purple into produce black into rage. Green makes cascades boosted via BP yellow and help match black.

Iron Fist uses green. And even if he didn't, 3 cover green and 5 purple gives you a more flexible team here, in case BP goes down, in case IF goes down, in case you wind up with 14 purple and 18 yellow.

The green ap conversion ins't even that good. It's 8 AP for 5 AP and minimal cascade potential. For 8 yellow AP you can get 9 red, 9 blue, and 6 green. For 8 purple AP you can get 3 of every other color. For 10 Green AP you can get 14 AP and a huge cascade potential. Yes greenflag.png has some very small targeted cascade potential, but 1 more tile isn't worth selling out her damage ability.
  • You're mistaken. Iron fist has no green. I've used iron fist a lot, and the only times I ever ended up using green is on long survival nodes where it's basically inconsequential, or when I get a giant cascade that somehow matches green. There is no team that uses iron fist where you're matching green for him.

I will, however, march green to destroy "random" (mostly black) tiles and cause cascades, if I'm getting the ap I'm "destroying". See, in a team where I'm only interested in getting a ton of black, this makes it so green, black and purple all generate black. That's better than good enough. That's better than anything I'm using right now.
  • She looks great!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reading list seem to be missing out on her going mad and how she and Pietro are now being retconned to be Inhumans instead of mutants.