*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• I think that the general opinion is that Hulk should be 5/3/5 and Patch should be 5/3/5. You could argue either 4/4/5 or even 3/5/5 but 5 Yellow is a must for Patch.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a question, What are the optimal build for Hulk bombing? Currently I have hulk at 5/3/5. Should I go 3/5/5 ? How about Patch? Mine is currently 5/3/5. I have a red cover recently.. should I respec to 5/5/3?
    The optimal build for Hulk is X/X/5. You want Anger at level 5, the other skills are largely irrelevant. I prefer 5/3/5 since I like the board shake functionality of Thunderous Clap, but as long as you have 5 Anger you'll do just fine.
    The optimal build for Patch is 5/3/5. You want as many strike tiles as possible on the board to make sure the Anger triggers often and hurts A LOT. icon_twisted.gif Patch should always have his Healing Factor at level 5, so that only leaves one possible build.
  • MyFeetStink
    MyFeetStink Posts: 55 Match Maker
    On this topic, I am not far away from having my final cover for Patch. Once thats done, is there a level cap he should be kept under to make sure Hulk still tanks green & red?

Really I am just being lazy to see if its safe to hit that "upgrade all the way button" or if I need to do it a level at a time watching the numbers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    On this topic, I am not far away from having my final cover for Patch. Once thats done, is there a level cap he should be kept under to make sure Hulk still tanks green & red?

Really I am just being lazy to see if its safe to hit that "upgrade all the way button" or if I need to do it a level at a time watching the numbers.
    this is my understanding of it - g/r is both of their 1/2 colors, so if you position them correctly for the match, you could make sure hulk tanks. tanking position priority is middle first, then left, then right. so if hulk is middle, he tanks everything that he is tied with the other characters on (or if he is left he will tank for the one on the right).

someone please confirm, thanks.
  • Quebbster
    TxMoose wrote:

this is my understanding of it - g/r is both of their 1/2 colors, so if you position them correctly for the match, you could make sure hulk tanks. tanking position priority is middle first, then left, then right. so if hulk is middle, he tanks everything that he is tied with the other characters on (or if he is left he will tank for the one on the right).

Confirmed. Hulk tanks both green and red when positioned correctly.
  • MyFeetStink
    Quebbster wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Confirmed. Hulk tanks both green and red when positioned correctly.

Perfect, thanks so much!
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Regarding the Patch build, I've found that even with 3 in Patch greenflag.png (and of course 5 in Anger), that Hulk Bombing is pretty damn effective. I now have my Patch at 4/4/5 purely because that's how my covers happened to arrive, and 4 Patch greenflag.png is obviously doing even more damage, and that would go higher with 5. However, it's also riskier because while you are definitely doing more damage, you are also taking more damage which means more health packs utilized more often for the big guy.

I'd be curious to see a mathematical breakdown of damage given & taken for the various levels of Patch greenflag.png and how that translated to how many matches you could reasonably go before popping a health pack on Hulk.
  • MyFeetStink
    I'd be curious to see a mathematical breakdown of damage given & taken for the various levels of Patch greenflag.png and how that translated to how many matches you could reasonably go before popping a health pack on Hulk.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but with a 5/3/5 166 Hulk and 4/3/5 153 Patch, I find I have to use a health pack for Hulk every match. Its possible that it might be due to the overall health of the last few PVP boosted characters, but I always lose about half of Hulks health. Then I use a pack as really, who wants to risk a loss.
  • Arimis_Thorn

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but with a 5/3/5 166 Hulk and 4/3/5 153 Patch, I find I have to use a health pack for Hulk every match. Its possible that it might be due to the overall health of the last few PVP boosted characters, but I always lose about half of Hulks health. Then I use a pack as really, who wants to risk a loss.

I find in my Hulk Bomb matches, you need to take multiple things into account, particularly around matching away the enemy strike tiles you've given them. If the board is light on green, absolutely throw Hulk out there to take a hit. But if you're either well ahead of them already or if Hulk is getting low-ish, match away and save his health for another match. Patch or Laken can take the hit and regen the health much more quickly.

There's also the matter of waiting until do you have a match available that will put Hulk out front before using Berserker Rage.

That's all probably pretty obvious, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
  • MyFeetStink
    I find in my Hulk Bomb matches, you need to take multiple things into account, particularly around matching away the enemy strike tiles you've given them. If the board is light on green, absolutely throw Hulk out there to take a hit. But if you're either well ahead of them already or if Hulk is getting low-ish, match away and save his health for another match. Patch or Laken can take the hit and regen the health much more quickly.

There's also the matter of waiting until do you have a match available that will put Hulk out front before using Berserker Rage.

That's all probably pretty obvious, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

No, I think that is worth mentioning. Typically, I will end up keeping Hulk out front the entire time to get through the match faster. Perhaps I can change that up and only do so on a shield hop where I know I am only getting a couple fights in anyways. On the DD PVP is was pretty nice as I would just use DD's purple to clear away the enemy strikes and inflict damage here and there when I started to get too many out there.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Another option I've yet to fully explore is Loki with 5 in Black. Berserker Rage and then Loki Black and you are left with 3-6 beefy attack tiles and 3-6 beefy Protect tiles (depending on your spec). Of course that becomes another variable to have to set up, but then Loki's Purple and Green will go a long way toward making that happen.

That also prevents Hulk bombing from that point forward, in which case you'd likely replace Hulk with Loki altogether.

I think I'm mixing topics at this point...
  • MyFeetStink
    I find that Loki, Squirrel Girl, and Daredevil all team up with Patch well. In the sim I was playing with Patch, SG, and Loki all together with success. I would use Patch green, SG's purple, then finish with Loki's black all in a row. You had to set it up, but it would do some serious damage.
  • Quebbster
    I have experimented with Cage as the third in my Hulkbomb teams and it works pretty damn well to make sure Hulk doesn't take too much damage until you are ready to bring on the Berserker Anger.
  • Hey you all scrambled excuse of human being,

Let's talk about Hulk and his redflag.png .

I believe it sucks huge flying balls because of these reasons:
    - It uses your greenflag.png stock, depleting most of it for more damage. It also damages your WHOLE team if there are more than x greentile.png on the board. And it is single target;
    - Ares also depletes your green stock, but it's cheaper and you only use one colour. The damage is also pretty similar and more worth it considering costs;
    - His greenflag.png other power also uses greentile.png stock and includes board manipulation, which is great, and destroys more tiles with more greentile.png stock (without depleting it);
    - His blackflag.png power creates greentile.png tiles on the board, which is likely to match and generate some greentile.png AP, but it will also make the board very greeny;
    - If you have 30 greentile.png AP, do you honestly try to use his redflag.png or do you clap like it's a birthday party?

Here's a good solution that would probably make his redflag.png much more appealing:
    - Make it deal damage to the whole enemy team instead of single target.

TL;DR: His redflag.png needs a lot of redtile.png to use and depletes greentile.png which makes his greenflag.png useless and works against his blackflag.png .And it can damage your team.

Let the discussion begin!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    We all agree Hulk's red is awful.
    This post belongs in Hulk's thread.
    Use your words, please.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Use your words, please.

What do you mean with that?
  • Here's a good solution that would probably make his redflag.png much more appealing:
    - Make it deal damage to the whole enemy team instead of single target.
  • And now I understand some of what you say, I posted on the right place.

I'm sorry, Senpai. I misunderstood some things.

If someone can nuke this topic, please do so.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmfao at this thread.

Good stuff, you guys.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Use your words, please.

What do you mean with that?

He means, OP's post was too kindergarten...like he was on Jeopardy and answered his own question in the form of a Lego.