*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

1232426282932

Comments

  • IceIXIceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,546 Site Admin
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX, if you're still reading this, I'm genuinely curious what "an administrative issue" means. It wouldn't make sense to assume Nintendo has anything to do with it, as Marvel surely would have been the party to deal with any potential IP infringement. Ignoring for a moment that there is nothing specifically Nintendo about the art aside from the 8-bit style, which in itself cannot possibly(?) be reserved by Big N. Since you brought up the old GSBW cover under the same auspices I would like to hear about it...dull as it may be. Cheers!
    Purely internal issue, nothing pressing from any other third party like Nintendo, Sega, or anyone like that. Can't really get into the specific processes, but it was a no-fault-by-anyone-involved "Uhh, this shouldn't have been used for X or Y but no one noticed till now" thing that someone caught recently. Basically, it was fine right up until it wasn't. icon_razz.gif
  • El SatannoEl Satanno Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Purely internal issue, nothing pressing from any other third party like Nintendo, Sega, or anyone like that. Can't really get into the specific processes, but it was a no-fault-by-anyone-involved "Uhh, this shouldn't have been used for X or Y but no one noticed till now" thing that someone caught recently. Basically, it was fine right up until it wasn't. icon_razz.gif

    Thanks for the reply! I suspected it was mundane in nature, but for whatever reason it pushed my curiosity buttons. icon_e_smile.gif
  • brisashibrisashi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I prefer the new one, its funny.
  • Something minor, that might be fun, since it's sort of on-topic.

    Have you ever considered having a different cover for each color? Deadpool's Red has the head cover, the purple has a different one, the black has a third one? Might be fun, and it would also avoid the disappointing cover syndrome when you get excited and then disappointed because you get a guy you need a cover for but not one you need.
  • IceIXIceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,546 Site Admin
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Something minor, that might be fun, since it's sort of on-topic.

    Have you ever considered having a different cover for each color? Deadpool's Red has the head cover, the purple has a different one, the black has a third one? Might be fun, and it would also avoid the disappointing cover syndrome when you get excited and then disappointed because you get a guy you need a cover for but not one you need.
    Yep, our original game design had a cover for each power along with a different (actual) cover for each Iso and HP prize. We decided against it after a while during Alpha because it was confusing as heck to have 9 different Wolverine covers, then have a What If Wolverine Was A Vampire cover for 2500 Iso, etc. Graphically, looked great and varied. In practice it was confusing anyone who was just trying to do things by looking at the pretty pictures.
  • mags1587mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darn it. I get the explanation, but I liked the other cover better. icon_neutral.gif
  • Marty17Marty17 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Since when did they changed Deadpool's cover (from pixelated character to his head)?
  • slidecageslidecage Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you say new 4 star deadpool coming?
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basically Deadpool has his movie now and Marvel wants players to see a close up of Deadpool instead of some small 8-bit rendition of him. I would prefer the bulky over-muscular Deadpool by his creator Rob Liefeld instead as it brings back memories of the 90s Marvel artists before they formed Image.
  • El SatannoEl Satanno Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Basically Deadpool has his movie now and Marvel wants players to see a close up of Deadpool instead of some small 8-bit rendition of him. I would prefer the bulky over-muscular Deadpool by his creator Rob Liefeld instead as it brings back memories of the 90s Marvel artists before they formed Image.

    Ugh. For real? Rob Liefeld is a terrible artist. He had some interesting ideas, but I am hard pressed to think of another artist whose work I so roundly dislike. I can't remember where or what the link is, but somewhere out there on the web is a hilarious article pointing out precisely why he's so bad. It's both incisive and entertaining. The one thing that sticks in my mind is "Rob Liefeld can't draw feet."
  • Marty17 wrote:
    Since when did they changed Deadpool's cover (from pixelated character to his head)?

    Today.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Basically Deadpool has his movie now and Marvel wants players to see a close up of Deadpool instead of some small 8-bit rendition of him. I would prefer the bulky over-muscular Deadpool by his creator Rob Liefeld instead as it brings back memories of the 90s Marvel artists before they formed Image.

    Ugh. For real? Rob Liefeld is a terrible artist. He had some interesting ideas, but I am hard pressed to think of another artist whose work I so roundly dislike. I can't remember where or what the link is, but somewhere out there on the web is a hilarious article pointing out precisely why he's so bad. It's both incisive and entertaining. The one thing that sticks in my mind is "Rob Liefeld can't draw feet."

    It's the third result on google when you search Rob Liefeld: 40 Worst Liefeld drawings, which also has a link to 40 more of them.
  • I would like to think it was because he got a big head over the success the dp daily is.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Can you say new 4 star deadpool coming?
    no
  • El SatannoEl Satanno Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    It's the third result on google when you search Rob Liefeld: 40 Worst Liefeld drawings, which also has a link to 40 more of them.

    And you have won the day, sir/madam! icon_cool.gif
  • I would find it pretty awesome if you would keep changing his cover every now and then.
    You know, deadpool being deadpool, not playing by the rules and so on.
  • kensterrkensterr Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Liefeld jokes aside - Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio covers are already featured in the game. When can we have Marc Silvestri, Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen and Jim Valentino covers?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_Comics
  • unpouramorunpouramor Age Unconfirmed Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Had no affect on my gameplay! Looks fine to me ^_^
  • sansan Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Something minor, that might be fun, since it's sort of on-topic.

    Have you ever considered having a different cover for each color? Deadpool's Red has the head cover, the purple has a different one, the black has a third one? Might be fun, and it would also avoid the disappointing cover syndrome when you get excited and then disappointed because you get a guy you need a cover for but not one you need.

    Or a different cover based on what color you max first? If you've maxed black to 5 first, you get this cover, red, you get another one... etc. (initial idea was the cover for the color with most, but there's usually a tie for 2).
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already miss 8-bit, one of the better covers in the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.