*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    alaeth wrote:
    I managed to max my Deadpool as 5/3/5 part-way through IOS-8 Brotherhood.

A couple of observations...

* Buffed, 5/3/5 is arguably better than 5/5/3 - true healing is easy enough to setup that I ended harder nodes with only one heal needed (lazyThor).
    * 5 black makes for comical rubber-banding of his health... except for obscene hits (Juggs lvl 170 headbutt), he rarely was hurt enough at the end of a match that I couldn't start a new match right away
    * super fast healing out of combat - Again, 8 hour nodes meant I was more likely to wait for his health than spend hp on health packs.
    * Works very well with 3/5/5 lazyThor, his red is far superior, and only when I really needed the 3 yellows on the board would I use Thor's
    * true-heal + OBW temp heal = endless fun... I'm looking forward to the DP event, and hoping I can use that combo to out-last and out-heal the survival node.
    Another observation: Whales at maximum level with a big boost deals 6000 damage to each target. That's a whole lot of damage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 5 black makes him more sustainable, but 5 purple turns whales into a big ol' End Fight button even without spending points. I'd rather run with 3 red than 3 purple - for one thing it's easier to find a strong red to pair him with than a big damage-dealing purple.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 5 black makes him more sustainable, but 5 purple turns whales into a big ol' End Fight button even without spending points. I'd rather run with 3 red than 3 purple - for one thing it's easier to find a strong red to pair him with than a big damage-dealing purple.

Uh... what. His red has a cap of a ridiculous 500 damage per AP: this is almost as efficient as Torch, and at 6 AP, is unparalleled in efficiency unless you're talking about she who must not be named, in which case it's a sad day in MPQ history where AloTT is considered a "bad red".
    alaeth wrote:
    I managed to max my Deadpool as 5/3/5 part-way through IOS-8 Brotherhood.

A couple of observations...

* Buffed, 5/3/5 is arguably better than 5/5/3 - true healing is easy enough to setup that I ended harder nodes with only one heal needed (lazyThor).
    * 5 black makes for comical rubber-banding of his health... except for obscene hits (Juggs lvl 170 headbutt), he rarely was hurt enough at the end of a match that I couldn't start a new match right away
    * super fast healing out of combat - Again, 8 hour nodes meant I was more likely to wait for his health than spend hp on health packs.
    * Works very well with 3/5/5 lazyThor, his red is far superior, and only when I really needed the 3 yellows on the board would I use Thor's
    * true-heal + OBW temp heal = endless fun... I'm looking forward to the DP event, and hoping I can use that combo to out-last and out-heal the survival node.

This must depend on what sort of matches you're playing. Whenever I play Deadpool, I get off maybe 1 LotP activation on average per match, since I pair him with XF GT and they tend to have more health. I guess if DP tanks everything and gets off 4-5 activations per match, then the extra 3k HP per match would be really nice (the difference between 3 and 5 black is 600 healing), in which case I could see considering a 5 black build. In the current metagame where that's probably not going to be the case (yay for oppressive 4or screwing everyone over), there really isn't any argument for anything but 5/5/3.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't say ALOTT is bad, just that there are more strong reds than strong purples if you have to pick one to sacrifice.
  • Why did the cover change for Deadpool, I liked the old one better! Random rant.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Mine just changed like 80 seconds ago . I like this one. With his black power got a buff along with this.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I'm torn. I liked the old one but the new one has "more" Deadpool.
  • yea just saw this... not quite too sure how I feel about this one! but it does make me wonder does this mean they'll change the mystique one later on too?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Mine just changed like 80 seconds ago . I like this one. With his black power got a buff along with this.

How did his black power change? Looks the same to me.
  • I believe that "with" is supposed to be a "wish" instead.

The 8-bit cover was unique and a nostalgic throwback, but I agree with other poster, more Deadpool is always welcome, lol.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I have a feeling someone with a name that rhymes with "Mintendo" may have expressed some displeasure with the continuing use of the cover....

Or they just got sick of it. Who knows?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    The only thing that changed today was the cover image itself.

As for what happened, pretty simple. Someone discovered an administrative issue involved with the cover, and rather than wading through days or weeks of time across various desks to get it cleaned up, it was much easier just to flip out the cover for one that's different but still very Deadpool. Something similar happened way back in the dark ages of the game with Black Widow (Grey Suit) too.
  • oh basically Nintendo ain't happy?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    You got implied oral consent and not express written consent or so the legend goes.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

As for what happened, pretty simple. Someone discovered an administrative issue involved with the cover, and rather than wading through days or weeks of time across various desks to get it cleaned up, it was much easier just to flip out the cover for one that's different but still very Deadpool. Something similar happened way back in the dark ages of the game with Black Widow (Grey Suit) too.

For those of us that weren't around when GSBW's cover changed could you tell us what the original version was?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    IceIX wrote:

For those of us that weren't around when GSBW's cover changed could you tell us what the original version was?
    Yep. Original cover was this one: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/capta ... 373-12.jpg
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Yep. Original cover was this one: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/capta ... 373-12.jpg

Wow, back to the days of Mark Gruenwald stories and Ron Lim art.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    This cover is way better.

They should do this for other characters as well *cough* mystique *cough*
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX, if you're still reading this, I'm genuinely curious what "an administrative issue" means. It wouldn't make sense to assume Nintendo has anything to do with it, as Marvel surely would have been the party to deal with any potential IP infringement. Ignoring for a moment that there is nothing specifically Nintendo about the art aside from the 8-bit style, which in itself cannot possibly(?) be reserved by Big N. Since you brought up the old GSBW cover under the same auspices I would like to hear about it...dull as it may be. Cheers!
  • Also on a scale from 3 to 7, how much had Sega to do with it?

The old cover was different, I liked it more than the big ol' head.