*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Square wrote:
    I've never read a comic with Ragnorok in it, but I'd heard of him, in the list of terrible ideas Marvel has published. I've still never seen Yelena Belanova in a comic. I saw The Hood once or twice reading a few issues of Dark Avengers or Dark X-Men.

Anyone who hasn't heard of Luke Cage... well, they're definitely casual readers, if they've ever read at all. I don't think he's ever been on TV. The current Spider-Man has Power Man, and it might be Luke Cage, I'm not sure. Maybe he was in Ultimate Alliance? But Luke Cage has been a big B-character for four decades, and has been a bit of an A-character for about 15 years.

Sentry was very prominent in Dark Avengers, so I've read some, but I missed most of his major story lines.

It is Luke Cage in the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. He was also in an episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. He's playable in Marvel: Avengers Alliance and Marvel: Heroes. He's a great character.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaner node makes me question all the new characters - took all the loaner characters and it really shows Gamora/Groot as terrible as well. So you take three poor characters up against Ares/Daken - that along with goon feeding and AI cascades, no wonder my loaner team was almost downed.
  • 3/5/5 166 build courtesy Colognoisseur:

The Bigger They Are (3): Protect tiles are strength 88 against a damaged enemy, strength 139 if the enemy has 80% health. Still ends the turn.
    Level 4: Boosts the 80% health tiles to strength 173.

Nuts From Above (5): 2416 base damage, 539 damage per enemy protect/attack/strike tile (up to 8)

Furry Friends (5): Four three-turn Green countdown tiles that deal 1583 damage when they resolve. No change to the passive component of the power.

FINALLY THANK YOU!!!!!
  • 3/5/5 166 build courtesy Colognoisseur:

The Bigger They Are (3): Protect tiles are strength 88 against a damaged enemy, strength 139 if the enemy has 80% health. Still ends the turn.
    Level 4: Boosts the 80% health tiles to strength 173.

Nuts From Above (5): 2416 base damage, 539 damage per enemy protect/attack/strike tile (up to 8)

Furry Friends (5): Four three-turn Green countdown tiles that deal 1583 damage when they resolve. No change to the passive component of the power.
    Based on this I'm gonna build her 5/5/3. Seems like green doesn't scale much.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd want green to reach four countdowns, but the boost to damage from the tiles resolving isn't much to get excited about.
  • Green can easily be contention of the strongest green that isn't X Force. Heck, it might even be able to compete with X Force, though of course the rest of her moves can't compete against Recovery + Surgical Strike.
  • I'd want green to reach four countdowns, but the boost to damage from the tiles resolving isn't much to get excited about.

her green HAD to be pretty tame. They're not gonna nerf Sentry then release another icon_twisted.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nuts from Above at 3 covers is still 433 damage. The damage per Protect, Attack or Strike tile bumps up to 55.
  • Loaner Squirrel Girl(Level 114) stats/breakdown:

HP:

yellowflag.png 84
    redflag.png 13
    purpleflag.png 74
    greenflag.png 65
    blackflag.png 11
    blueflag.png 12
    whitecrit.png 3.5
    tutile.png 43

yellowflag.png TBTA(LEVEL 5) - The unbeatable Squirrel Girl rolls up her sleeves and faces off against an opponent twice her size. Creates 4 Protect tiles with 105 strength, or strength 231 if the target enemy has 80% or more health. Ends the turn.
    purpleflag.png NFA(LEVEL 5) - Squirrel Girl leaps onto her unsuspecting enemies from the trees in an unrelenting assault of tail and claws. Deals 2914 damage to the enemy plus 651 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack, or Strike tile on the board (up to 8 tiles).
    greenflag.png FF(LEVEL 3) - Squirrel Girl commands her army of squirrels to swarm her foes and get all up and their business(sadly no longer references their pants T-T). Places 3 Green 3-turn Countdown tiles that deal 1111 damage. (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, destroy a random basic tile for each Furry Friends Countdown tile.

greenflag.png FF(LEVEL 4) - upgrade text: Each Countdown tile deals 1698 damage.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing the loaner Squirrel Girl, I really like her yellow, sure it ends the turn, but unless they have a major skill coming your way, you don't take any damage. Her purple and green are a bit underwhelming, if you can get her green off, it did rip guys a new one, and I was struggling to use purple, plus I though purple would destroy those special tiles.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Anyone noticing she's not close to unbeatable

Ugh, yeah! Just like Elektra. Unkillable? Puh-leeze! And don't get me started on Hulk! Just more proof the devs are incompetent fools.

Seriously though, the descriptions usually refer to either the outfit or storyline the art is based on. You really shouldn't expect it to mean the character won't die. SG has the same health as Patch. If she lost to a buffed Ares, chances are Patch would have too, especially if it was an Onslaught.
    What about Rocket and Groot? Do they seriously think they're the most wanted over XForce and girly Thor??
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Playing the loaner Squirrel Girl, I really like her yellow, sure it ends the turn, but unless they have a major skill coming your way, you don't take any damage. Her purple and green are a bit underwhelming, if you can get her green off, it did rip guys a new one, and I was struggling to use purple, plus I though purple would destroy those special tiles.

people are too obsessed with what they WANT her yellow to do(make your team immune to anything even a Surgical strike/GSBW greenflag.png) and what its supposed to do - start the battle by taking less damage. It's not a bad ability at all.
  • Phaserhawk
    It's her purple I'm struggling with. Short of Daken or Bullseye in PvE, I'm not sure who she really is going to counter with it. I suppose a Stomr or Falcon or C.Mags that goes off, I'm leaning 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 now. That yellow is so good, I mean it's pretty much 1K worth of protection but....if you don't get the skill off right away it may not be that great. IMO, she' s one of the better characters to stop taking so much damage from those level 395's in PvE. In PvP, she's worthless, unless you can get her yellow off. That's kinda what I"m seeing. Yellow increases chance of surviving to have green go off, Purple is just a situational direct damage that is either amazing or craptacular.
  • I also thought it was funny how someone blamed SG for getting killed by Ares, and not their own gameplay or the power of Ares.

My kid woke up with an ear infection this morning, I'm pretty sure that was Squirrel Girl's fault.

I woke up 8 months pregnant. *shakes fist* Squirrel Girl!
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    It's her purple I'm struggling with. Short of Daken or Bullseye in PvE, I'm not sure who she really is going to counter with it. I suppose a Stomr or Falcon or C.Mags that goes off, I'm leaning 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 now. That yellow is so good, I mean it's pretty much 1K worth of protection but....if you don't get the skill off right away it may not be that great. IMO, she' s one of the better characters to stop taking so much damage from those level 395's in PvE. In PvP, she's worthless, unless you can get her yellow off. That's kinda what I"m seeing. Yellow increases chance of surviving to have green go off, Purple is just a situational direct damage that is either amazing or craptacular.

Pair her with Elektra icon_razz.gif

Phobos' Idea is better than mine, d'oh
  • I used her with Patch & Loki in a PVE node - Patch Green, SG Purple, Loki Black = game over.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    dearbluey wrote:
    I also thought it was funny how someone blamed SG for getting killed by Ares, and not their own gameplay or the power of Ares.

My kid woke up with an ear infection this morning, I'm pretty sure that was Squirrel Girl's fault.

I woke up 8 months pregnant. *shakes fist* Squirrel Girl!

Those are some powerful nuts.
  • Phaserhawk
    SirPhobos wrote:
    I used her with Patch & Loki in a PVE node - Patch Green, SG Purple, Loki Black = game over.

That's a lot of AP though, 29 AP? Although the Patch,SG Purple is an intersting combo
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Anyone noticing she's not close to unbeatable

Ugh, yeah! Just like Elektra. Unkillable? Puh-leeze! And don't get me started on Hulk! Just more proof the devs are incompetent fools.

Seriously though, the descriptions usually refer to either the outfit or storyline the art is based on. You really shouldn't expect it to mean the character won't die. SG has the same health as Patch. If she lost to a buffed Ares, chances are Patch would have too, especially if it was an Onslaught.

That's silly reasoning given patch heals every round and can put out the death strike tiles.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Now you know why she was bumped ahead of Gambit.