*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• There is one single way to make traps dangerous and it's Fury's blue.

A single tile isn't ever going to work as a trap.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I always thought taking his original traps, dividing the power by three, and making three random traps would have been much better. That being said, the new Daredevil isn't trash tier. His red can be very strong, his blue at max covers can get going, and he's a great special tile disruptor now, almost invalidating captain marvel.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    wirius wrote:
    I always thought taking his original traps, dividing the power by three, and making three random traps would have been much better. That being said, the new Daredevil isn't trash tier. His red can be very strong, his blue at max covers can get going, and he's a great special tile disruptor now, almost invalidating captain marvel.
    I'd probably rank him about 30th in line for iso, Even having him already at 100 with 3/5/5, not good after a 'redesign'.
  • No matter what the world say, i like the new changes.
    Just try it out
    Red : with just 8 AP - > self-match 3 times deals 3x3K = 9K damage, that's a very fun n unique chain damage icon_e_wink.gif
    Blue : Not to good, but there's a chance of stun-lock if the cd tiles located on corner.
    Purple : haven't tried it.
  • Not bad. Although I would of rather of seen the Red work like Fury's Blue and place it on multiple Red tiles and then have them all smash at once. Or deal damage straight up and the place a Trap tile.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh for pity's sake. Couldn't they have waited to update Daredevil and Loki until after I'd completed Simulator 31?

I just got to it and had my **** handed to me all gift wrapped and everything.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Really would have liked to see CD tiles included in his purple at higher covers. He's better than he was but he's still going to have issues with goons until he gets several rotating billy clubs in play. So 3 blue means 27ap just to keep two goons stunlocked. Meh.

Better than before, not good enough imo.
  • Great changes. I am so looking forward to getting my hands on this guy now. In PVE he will be awesome. In PVP I'm not so sure because you are looking for fast and direct damage there, but the changes look pretty good. Thanks devs!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I wanted more traps on the Red, to pop ala Fury. IF each trap did 1-2k per, none of us would have complained. The nature of EVERYONE having good red abilities means we're unlikely to keep popping the 1-3k dmg per match.

What should be noted, though, is that D3 is trying to make more viable purple abilities that actually do damage. When maxed, his purple does "OK" damage on top of wiping enemy tiles. The problem is, that blue is far superior.
  • Red is obviously his best power. His purple and blue are both underpowered at 3 covers. Purple is even underpowered at 5 covers. Why only 5 tiles? Why can't it affect all the special tiles on the board at 5 covers instead? 5 is pretty low I think. It doesn't even target countdown tiles. I'm very disappointed.

In my eyes, only his red saw some improvement while his two other powers are nerfed. I hope he is good enough to use for only his red power.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like nice changes, and new skills seems daredevilesque.

I surprised happily about the name change, way more proper imo.
  • I'm bummed that I now have to respec him after having him cover maxed for almost a year but I'm glad they finally made him a worthwhile character. One thing that is incorrect in the description though, the worst thing about laying down a trap tile isn't having to match it yourself, it's that nearly every other character in the game can cancel in it some form. 7ap down the drain.
  • Actually, Daredevil's purple could be a really effective weapon against Daken. His red won't be effective against him, though.

I really like the new Daredevil in general; his red is deadly in non-Daken matches.
  • I tend to think 5/3/5 is still his best build, because his blue is going to be fairly conditional and a little tricky to use, plus there are more good blue moves than good purple ones.

That being said...

Ultimately, it's going to come down to how you want to use him. His purple is going to be very, very effective against a few difficult enemies - Maggia muscle for one, and anyone else who lays down strike or attack tiles. It's not a bad idea when facing Daken, though his red won't work reliably there. I think he's moved into the solid "B" tier, while in the "A" tier against certain primarily-seen-in-pve enemies. His purple completely turned one of the gauntlet nodes with punisher around for me this morning, and his red finished off the match.

His blue might be very usable against Hulk and the like, so his best build may vary depending on how you use him. I'm keeping him as he is for the time being, and as I get a little more experience with his powers (I expect him to get a PVP and be an award this season) I may reevaluate. I have the relative luxury of a Daredevil who's already at 160th level.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Red is obviously his best power. His purple and blue are both underpowered at 3 covers. Purple is even underpowered at 5 covers. Why only 5 tiles? Why can't it affect all the special tiles on the board at 5 covers instead? 5 is pretty low I think. It doesn't even target countdown tiles. I'm very disappointed.

In my eyes, only his red saw some improvement while his two other powers are nerfed. I hope he is good enough to use for only his red power.
    ? His blue went from "completely useless" to "probably useable, possibly even good"
  • His purple is going to be great against muscle, Punisher, and a few others. His purple and blue both get much better at five covers, but since red is so good, probably leaving him at 5/3/5, at least until I have to make a decision.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    The final Gauntlet node for me was level 395 4hor, XForce, Deadpool.

I used Captain Marvel, Hulk, Daredevil to beat them. It was tricky, but I eventually managed to get a stunlock down, and did a lot of kicks.

Daredevil is quite usable now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    I wanted more traps on the Red, to pop ala Fury. IF each trap did 1-2k per, none of us would have complained. The nature of EVERYONE having good red abilities means we're unlikely to keep popping the 1-3k dmg per match.

What should be noted, though, is that D3 is trying to make more viable purple abilities that actually do damage. When maxed, his purple does "OK" damage on top of wiping enemy tiles. The problem is, that blue is far superior.

I am planning on running him with Patch at level 5 Berserker Rage, so 5 strike tiles will do 2870 damage plus Patches strke tiles. This will leave the ennemy with only 1 Strike tile and me with 6. Then you match red traps and the enemy will drop quickly. I will play around with blue, but my prefernece has always been damage over stun so I am very happy with this change as I have DD at 5,3,5.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    His purple is going to be great against muscle, Punisher, and a few others. His purple and blue both get much better at five covers, but since red is so good, probably leaving him at 5/3/5, at least until I have to make a decision.

I used him in the gauntlet against BP and Psylockewas able to use purple twice, once w/three attack tiles and once after battleplan.
    Was nice, especially since the AI special tiles are always in hard to reach spots, whereas mine seem to always be part of a 4-5 match(joking...kind of).
  • Nice changes, at least his powers are no longer completely dependant on the Ai actually matching his traps. Some thing I noticed with Fury's demolition, is that if there is another option to match colours which doesn't result in matching that a detonating tile even if its a colour not use by the team the AI will still take it more often than not. The few times I used daredevil in this balance of power event, same thing, the AI seems very good at avoiding matching that red tile even if the only other matches available to them are colours not used by its team member's powers.

His blue power, stuns are nice if the countdown timers actually resolve! I've never been keen on countdown timers on any ability. as it always seems to me when the Ai places an countdown timer, its hard for me to remove; but when I place a countdown timer, the AI can literally match it on the following turn. And that seems to happen like 99.99999% of the time! For me there are better stuns elsewhere as a result.

His purple seems on paper rather useful against the likes of Daken, Blade, Falcon or anyone else who can suddenly spam the board with a lot of special tiles. Am a little disappointed it doesn't affect countdown timers but given the description it kinda makes sense. however as people pointed out, coupled with Patch, daredevil proves a very powerful and deadly partner