Meet Rocket & Groot- Nov 26-Dec 1

Options
15678911»

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The lesson I am taking away from this event: don't start a PVE event on the first day, or possibly even skip the first sub-event entirely. That way, I will hopefully end up in an easier bracket that will require less grinding to get a decent placement reward AND get all the placement rewards.

The only reason I started early was my fear of losing the 50k progression R&G reward, but that fear proved unfounded as I ended up with a total score of more than 120k, although it took a bit of grinding. The increasing amount of points available per sub-event favors late starters.

I am also content with my top 50 placement and single 4Thor (+1 from the alliance), getting more covers would need too much grinding for my tastes.

Overall, I enjoyed this event. Got some ISO and HP, 2 covers for 4Thor and one for R&G plus we got some new story.

I started like 4 or 5 hours in to the event, so I could get some playing in before the PM. I got 125k points, so yeah, the progression awards were damn easy this time around. Honestly, the only event I ever found the progression awards challenging is "The Simulator."
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    One day we'll get a PVE where we, the players, will face tough AI opponents and earn appropriate rewards based on skill and roster strength. Instead we get a slogfest where we, the players, face other players, in a test of endurance and allowable time.

The gauntlet was promising but with this last RR/Groot it just shows me that Dem/D3 has learned nothing.

It's easy for you to say that now that your roster has benefited from this mechanic in the past. Forcing people to have covers to get covers is a great way to keep new players from continuing to play.

I'm a relatively new player (only one maxed 2-star in my roster), and the PvE events are my best shot at decent covers to grow my roster. I finished this event in the top 50 (131k points) using my level 40 R&G, level 40 Wolverine (Astonishing), and level 70-85 Daken (2 star) almost exclusively (I was training him all through the event). I feel like my skill level is pretty high, and I was rewarded appropriately. To make it harder for me because my roster is weak would only discourage me from continuing to play.
  • The bracket you're in, which is mostly out of your control, makes all the difference. I started on the second day, got a new bracket, and hit every node, every 2.5 hours, all weekend. I did 3 clears before bed, and 4 clears at the end of each sub. I only came in 6th, with 1st place a full 9k ahead of me.

Any competition where you are rewarded for not sleeping needs to be fixed.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    The lesson I am taking away from this event: don't start a PVE event on the first day, or possibly even skip the first sub-event entirely. That way, I will hopefully end up in an easier bracket that will require less grinding to get a decent placement reward AND get all the placement rewards.

The only reason I started early was my fear of losing the 50k progression R&G reward, but that fear proved unfounded as I ended up with a total score of more than 120k, although it took a bit of grinding. The increasing amount of points available per sub-event favors late starters.

I am also content with my top 50 placement and single 4Thor (+1 from the alliance), getting more covers would need too much grinding for my tastes.

Overall, I enjoyed this event. Got some ISO and HP, 2 covers for 4Thor and one for R&G plus we got some new story.

I went metagame. I figured lots of people would join after thanksgiving because they didn't want to miss a day of grinding. I hoped to get an easy bracket where people didn't factor that in. I finished 30k ahead of 6th
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    One day we'll get a PVE where we, the players, will face tough AI opponents and earn appropriate rewards based on skill and roster strength. Instead we get a slogfest where we, the players, face other players, in a test of endurance and allowable time.

The gauntlet was promising but with this last RR/Groot it just shows me that Dem/D3 has learned nothing.

It's easy for you to say that now that your roster has benefited from this mechanic in the past. Forcing people to have covers to get covers is a great way to keep new players from continuing to play.

I'm a relatively new player (only one maxed 2-star in my roster), and the PvE events are my best shot at decent covers to grow my roster. I finished this event in the top 50 (131k points) using my level 40 R&G, level 40 Wolverine (Astonishing), and level 70-85 Daken (2 star) almost exclusively (I was training him all through the event). I feel like my skill level is pretty high, and I was rewarded appropriately. To make it harder for me because my roster is weak would only discourage me from continuing to play.

Trust me I understand the grind and pain it takes to transition from a 1-2* player to a 3* player. I wouldn't say I've benefited much in the past from PVE. In over 400 days I've placed 1st in ONE PVE (3* Daken which was broken in my favor) and I typically get 1-2 covers based on my real life schedule.

I'm saying the rewards system should be tiered based on roster. There should be 1*, 2* and 3* events with the appropriate scaling and rewards. A 4* cover for a 1* player is about as useful as a 1* cover for a 3* player. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to earn 3* rewards but you should be able to focus on first developing your 2* team before having to stress over earning the latest character.

This is going to sound very "1%" of me and this isn't meant to be mean, but why should a 1-2* player with a limited roster, be able to earn the same rewards as someone like me on day 410 with several maxed 3*s? That'd be like someone popping in Destiny for the first time and running off to do the lvl 28 raid. Currently it's a broken system that favors only people willing to dedicate their life to grinding. My deep roster benefits me only in PVP.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished 7th. Was in a fight for 5th Sunday morning, until I forgot my phone at home when I went to church. Missed 2 refreshes. Accepted the fact that I had to settle for a Top 10, and was actually less stressed the rest of the day. Of course I still hit every refresh and grinded at the end, but it beats putting in all the work, and ending up with 6th, which was a real possibility.
  • I got #7 largely skipping the hardest nodes (the middle sub I hit them more than the other two). Saved me a lot of frustration. I think timing is more important than completeness.
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Congrats sea_song - I tried to keep up but I was destined for 2nd...

From the minute I saw the rewards, I was determined to get first haha! I was lucky though to be in a bracket where I was the only one who did all the 2.5 hour refreshes; a lot of my alliance mates did the same and still had to battle grinding the end to come out ahead.

I have to say, it was kind of funny that I was super glad whenever any of you suddenly started catching up because I knew you guys were actually sleeping for the full night and therefore I had it in the bag. icon_e_smile.gif