Meet Rocket & Groot- Nov 26-Dec 1

Options

Comments

• Hopefully so many people hate this PVE after this that the "encore" that a Gamora cover is a walk in the park.
  • The first sub was horrendous, the second one was pretty easy, and this one is challenging, but not overwhelming.

The grind on this is beyond awful and I'm just outside of top 10. What helps me get through this is that I realize if I don't get that Blue cover, it's not the end of the world and even if for some reason I really dropped down, a Cap Marvel cover is okay because I don't have the ISO to really level Thor anyway.

Good luck to all!
  • To add onto what I previously said, Hulk is awesome at anti-Dooming. If you're lucky enough that the CPU feeds doom instead of mystique, with a couple of strike tiles out and some Level 5 Anger, you should breeze through any nodes. Simply used Daken/Any*Wolverine for low level nodes
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Hopefully so many people hate this PVE after this that the "encore" that a Gamora cover is a walk in the park.
    I know I'm more or less blowing it off after this
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I really have to say on this event is that I have no idea what the story is, nor do I particularly care. When you're trying to clear PvE every 2:24, taking time to read some dialogue isn't on the list of priorities.

I'm sure this is Marvel driven, but spending less time on (basically unnecessary) stories and more on finding a game mode that isn't "play until your hands hurt" would go a long way.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing I really have to say on this event is that I have no idea what the story is, nor do I particularly care. When you're trying to clear PvE every 2:24, taking time to read some dialogue isn't on the list of priorities.

I'm sure this is Marvel driven, but spending less time on (basically unnecessary) stories and more on finding a game mode that isn't "play until your hands hurt" would go a long way.

Don't worry the story kind of sucks. The only good part was the 2nd sub with Deadpool.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Checkmated second place: I'm up 10k points going into the final hour. He started grinding 2 hours before end, but I quickly started my grind and he appears to have given up. Woo!
  • Checkmated second place: I'm up 10k points going into the final hour. He started grinding 2 hours before end, but I quickly started my grind and he appears to have given up. Woo!

Given how weak rubberband is, it's pretty much pointless to try to overtake someone unless you think someone isn't going to play in the last 2 hours. Even then there are only 15K or so points for getting everything down to 0 so if you did your 5K it'd still be very unlikely to lose a 10K lead.

Here it'd really help if second place understands Prisonner's Dilemma and just not grind in the first place (assuming he's not in danger of falling out to #6) because it is really a waste of his and #1's time.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So much for scaling actually hitting 2* people. Multiple people in my alliance have brackets that were won by people who have barely even started the 2->3* transition
  • Cheers HailMary. Close one there. Glad its all over...
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I survived the forum death bracket and managed to hold onto top 10. I'm happy. I now have one cover in each color for Thor (or will when the rewards came in).

I am not grinding this event again for Gamora, that's for sure.
  • Finished it at top 5 but I'm not going to play any event until the end. I've been playing for 19 hours without sleep and dying with headache. It was just for lady thor but I'm not doing this again.
  • Woo! Ended up getting t50.

T10 in my bracket was dominated by big time players. No transitions as far as I could see. Lots of 166+ rosters and members of S.H.I.E.L.D., Immortal Rage, Dormammu U, etc. I didn't really have a chance at T10. I'm just glad I managed to get the one cover while also keeping my sanity and personal life intact.
  • Btw I didn't get my Thor covers yet, is there anyone else in the same situation?
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed top 5 but I had to buy health packs to get it. Hulk and Patch were the only way to beat the feeder nodes and they nearly wiped out Hulk every match. Some guy was making a mad push from 10 to 3 and almost edged me out, everyone else more or less settled in their positions a day ago.
  • Yeah. Got my alliance reward, but not event reward. Sometimes it takes a bit for it to process, I'm guessing.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Preppin' for downvotes, but:

I came in third (almost second!) in my bracket, which I started within 10 minutes of the event beginning, w/163.6k. Did the holidays thing, slept soundly every night, went to see Big Hero 6 with my kids, took the dogs out to poop, exchanged some defective shoes, played WoW and also went out Friday and ground out level 8 in Ingress, etc.. I did get up this morning at 6 to get an early refresh in, but went back to bed. Seems to me the complaints are maybe a little overboard.

Granted, I didn't have to work over the holidays. That would suck, sorry for those of you that did. Overall I found it pretty exciting, and rewarding of discipline and planning.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Three players in my top 10 were 2* players at most, the highest placing of which (top 5) has Ares, Daken, Thor, and Wolvie maxed, everything else less than level 70. Still, scaling or no scaling, at least I'm sure he didn't get any sleep getting there!
  • Hell yeah, just got 3 covers. Hello 78 level lady thor!
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So that...happened.

Pretty happy overall even without hitting top 10, and kudos to my awesome alliance, but man do not wanna do this again.

Congrats to all the sleepless grinders, you definitely worked hard for it.