*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Thanks, vudu3! That explains it. I don't have a any purple covers yet, so I guess there's just no way for me to check how many points I'm accumulating.
  • What's Deadpool points and how do you get them?
  • KevinMark wrote:
    What's Deadpool points and how do you get them?

Every day (once a day) you play with Deadpool, you get about 3000 Deadpool points. When you have 28,000 of them, you can spend them on Whales! Whales! Whales! to do enough damage to pretty much wipe out any team (don't remember exactly how much; it might be 28k damage each). This expends 28k Deadpool points, but you keep any left (if you have 30k, and use them once, you'll have 2k left over).
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Do you have to use your points when you use WWW?
  • Anyone know the damage difference between 4 and 5 purple covers? I got no clue why it's not on the cover itself like other characters.
  • So I was looking at the graphic on the nodes page of the Children of the Atom when I exclaimed "Deadpool has a female leg!"

Then I realized that his holster is almost the same color as Storm's arm.

Oops.
  • Lady Deadpool. Make it happen.

Oh, 4* Dogpool!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    Do you have to use your points when you use WWW?
    Only when you use the special version of WWW, then you need to use the points.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Lady Deadpool. Make it happen.

Oh, 4* Dogpool!

Naw Headpool...everyone loves a little head icon_e_wink.gif
  • Has anyone experimented w/ Deadpool points and how much WWW hits for?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Has anyone experimented w/ Deadpool points and how much WWW hits for?

It kills everyone.
  • Well then...wish i knew that before but that's awesome. Thanks!
  • has anyone thought of the combo of deadpools a little off the top maxed as a perfect combo to instant down some characters with pun's retribution?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    has anyone thought of the combo of deadpools a little off the top maxed as a perfect combo to instant down some characters with pun's retribution?

I believe most people thought of that the moment they first read the description of Little off the Top. But most of them then noticed that the damage done has an upper limit, which basically means such combination doesn't work on healthy, tank types like Thor. With a few prior match-damage blows to soften up the target and/or some strike tiles, it could down a character with 6800 max health. For those tankier than that, like Panther or Thor, it doesn't work. You'd need some other power or more time to whittle their HP some more first. And still, it does take 14 red AP, so not exactly super fast. But it's a possibility to watch out for in some situations.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence wrote:
    has anyone thought of the combo of deadpools a little off the top maxed as a perfect combo to instant down some characters with pun's retribution?

I believe most people thought of that the moment they first read the description of Little off the Top. But most of them then noticed that the damage done has an upper limit, which basically means such combination doesn't work on healthy, tank types like Thor. With a few prior match-damage blows to soften up the target and/or some strike tiles, it could down a character with 6800 max health. For those tankier than that, like Panther or Thor, it doesn't work. You'd need some other power or more time to whittle their HP some more first. And still, it does take 14 red AP, so not exactly super fast. But it's a possibility to watch out for in some situations.

You could take down a 6800 character with this combo if you had 781 in strike tile dmg out (you could do this with Sentry/DP/Punisher and cast Judgement/Sacrfice/ALotT and Retribution), or if Deadpool is buffed in an event. You could however down a 5100 character with this combo without strike tiles.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically, this combo is nearly identical to just casting 2 torch fireballs, except you need 2 guys on your team to make it work. Since deadpools red is capped at 3.3k damage, all this "combo" is really just "do 3.3k damage max for 6ap then cast retribution", which isnt really unique/efficient enough to be called a combo.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically, this combo is nearly identical to just casting 2 torch fireballs, except you need 2 guys on your team to make it work. Since deadpools red is capped at 3.3k damage, all this "combo" is really just "do 3.3k damage max for 6ap then cast retribution", which isnt really unique/efficient enough to be called a combo.

correct!!!

That's why I don't get why it says Deadpool attacks their Health Bar when it doesn't make a difference. I have suggested that since the true healing era that instead of healing, Beast/OBW/She-Hulk etc don't give health but shields and that shields can go past max health. So if She-Hulk casts Repreive and Punisher hadn't taken a hit yet, he would have 6800 health plus a 500 or so point shield. Normal damage users would have to go through the shield first, but Deadpool and future characters would get around it since he attacks the health bar and doesn't do damage. Sort of how life loss and damage are treated in Magic the Gathering. Back in the old days you could drain life without doing damage, so any damage prevention spells couldn't stop the life drain, only life gaining spells could counter it. So in essence you could mix and match heals with shields. Maybe OBW casts a shield, but Beast attempts to heal, you get a little bit more character diversity and strategy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

correct!!!

That's why I don't get why it says Deadpool attacks their Health Bar when it doesn't make a difference. I have suggested that since the true healing era that instead of healing, Beast/OBW/She-Hulk etc don't give health but shields and that shields can go past max health. So if She-Hulk casts Repreive and Punisher hadn't taken a hit yet, he would have 6800 health plus a 500 or so point shield. Normal damage users would have to go through the shield first, but Deadpool and future characters would get around it since he attacks the health bar and doesn't do damage. Sort of how life loss and damage are treated in Magic the Gathering. Back in the old days you could drain life without doing damage, so any damage prevention spells couldn't stop the life drain, only life gaining spells could counter it. So in essence you could mix and match heals with shields. Maybe OBW casts a shield, but Beast attempts to heal, you get a little bit more character diversity and strategy.

Yeah, the weird thing is that the % health thing is a handicap, not a bonus because 3.3k damage is very cost efficient for 6AP. Shields would probably make the ability make more sense as well.
  • i see you guys' point
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Has anyone experimented w/ Deadpool points and how much WWW hits for?

It kills everyone.

Must I have 5 covers to use the special version? I can't seem to use it on my android version....

Edit: oh I found it! It works for my 3 cover Deadpool too. The animation is very cool icon_e_smile.gif