No Holds Barred

Comments

• Hey kiamodo thanks for that -30 at the end to knock me out of #1...wont forget it.
  • Oh well, think I got first. The drop wars are too strong. At least I'll have an IW for future events.
  • Dang, hit in the last few seconds, probably dropped me to third.
  • Hell yeah! Second place!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I landed in #2 in the last ten minutes (through very little effort of my own) and then in the last couple minutes, the leader of my bracket started dropping points, so I yielded twice and now I have no idea where I ended up. I hope this trend of first place getting the second place prizes continues. A tournament really shouldn't end with people intentionally losing.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh well, think I got first. The drop wars are too strong. At least I'll have an IW for future events.
    Nope I did....despite being in #7 last I checked,and about 70 points down icon_lol.gif
  • Barely missed top 10 AGAIN. really want that green widow icon_e_sad.gif
    Sorry dumdumdugn. At the end u were 36 points and I needed them badly. Too bad I still failed.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes! 2nd place. Now to put those widow covers to good use in the 3 star tourney.
  • Managed to finish top 5 but I'm punching too high above my weight now in terms of match upd. I can't level any characters because its costing me a fortune in boosts
  • Barely missed top 10 AGAIN. really want that green widow icon_e_sad.gif
    Sorry dumdumdugn. At the end u were 36 points and I needed them badly. Too bad I still failed.

Lol i didnt think you would retaliate. My MMR is so ridic that you are the easiest target... you and a 100 doom 100 mag. What an awful tourney this was..
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Spoit wrote:
    Oh well, think I got first. The drop wars are too strong. At least I'll have an IW for future events.
    Nope I did....despite being in #7 last I checked,and about 70 points down icon_lol.gif
    Wow what? There's no way I dropped below you, I only did like 2 yields worth 20 points, lol.

I actually ended up second! Somehow...so confused, I mean one guy found me yielded to me to give me like 30 points, maybe that's what happened to you =(.

I actually wouldn't have minded the IW too much.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray! I earned my second... err, second place finish. More food for Grey Suit Widow, yippee!!
    Is it true now that the 1st place finisher gets the 2nd place rewards? If so, does it apply to all tournaments?
  • Too 5 my grey widow is now 4g/ 1r/ 0p how is it most people are looking for green that's all I really have lol
  • I keep getting reds if I see one from tokens.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Is it true now that the 1st place finisher gets the 2nd place rewards? If so, does it apply to all tournaments?
    Seems to be for everything else ongoing right now. Hulk and 3* Tourneys top tiers also get the next tier(s).

So I got top 5 this time (right at 5th place), only wanted top 10 but I was afraid to yield any more to drop and give the red cover to someone else. Never know when last minute retaliations might completely mess you up.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Hooray! I earned my second... err, second place finish. More food for Grey Suit Widow, yippee!!
    Starting with this 3* tournament
  • Jesus, my bracket's ending result was insane. First place had 796 points, then next place was 4 people tied at 795. I managed to land on 795 last, so I ended up in second place, though my purple GSW was already maxed so I'd have been happy with any top 5.
  • Puce Moose wrote:

Finished first and was uterly disapointed to realise I only got Invisble Woman, as I really was fighting for those black widow covers. Came to these boards to check about it....o well icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Mmm..went from
    300 pts to 6th in about 45 min. Could have made top 5 but I didn't need the red and was trying to be nice (lead over 10th was cushy enough that I didn't feel ibqas risking.much stopping.

Now the grey suit I plan on never using is 4/3/5..yay? I mean...that's basically 400 hp not being used for a cover slit..that I'd no longer need due to her not being there...lol. ah well, she is sometimes required in.events right?

I can't decide if this or a 3*** tournement should be easier/harder. I lose thor and have to add either Spiderman (lvl 48 currently..need ISO) or IM ..which is a disadvantage, but the sheer number of players having to make thier team go from storm wolvie thor mixes to lvl 40 and lower *** and maybe IM (AKA mark 40sec kill) will be huge. I am more afraid of thor wolvie or storm on a team than I am of a 140 grey suit or IM.

@misguided

It's a Friday night. I'm leaving to see desolation of smaug in a little and it coincidentally ended at a playable time for me..many are busy. Also, events. Also, christmas time. Also, she isn't that great unless she is teamed with someone who can help her build green. Also, there were soooo many rags out there...I can imagine it being daunting for most mid lvl players to try and slip through 40 players to NOT see a high lvl rag....of course to just see someone running doom mag thor or wolverine Spiderman IM. And finally, some are purposel aiming for the original widow for the espionage drop. Not sure why, as she is little more than a decent support character that's more annoying than good..but for collectors with a maxed grey suit I get it.

@ spoit: I was running lvl 80 doom, lvl 8 **mag , lvl 20 punisher last tournement for an extended time. Other than retaliation issues (see, many lol) I didn't have any trouble with top 8. Felt bad..as I meant to only grab top 10 in that one so others could have her red. Plus side..ilsellong the red brought me to an even #of hp. I can be ocd like that lol. You need to get that thor up to lvl 84. It's where the cool cats chill..not like those spammy lvl 85 thors.
  • Joined with under an hour left. Had too much going on in real life plus had to do the 2nd round of hulk so could not start sooner. Wish I had though. Was able to get top 5 with just under 400pts. I did one last match at the end that would have put me over but it did not count. Wanted that HP at 400. Would have likely put me in 2nd too. Was a bit frantic for my taste. Got my last green cover but still need 1 purple.