No Holds Barred

Comments

• I made 2nd in my bracket, which is what I wanted. It was a narrow window though, like 10 points +/- between me, 1st, and 3rd place. Now I'm 2/3/4 on my Grey Suit. I hope I can do it again on the repeat tourney.
  • Got top 5 which was my aim. Already had 5 purple so I let others go for it and just kept watching to make sure I stayed top 5. Got close in the end but glad it worked out.
    I remember you attaked me icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Went to sleep in first, woke up to a top 5. All I wanted was to be top 10.
  • I was gunning for second in my bracket, I ended in 1st. My strategy of tanking a few lightning rounds and starting the No Holds Barred last night worked a bit better than I expected. I definitely got the match-ups I wanted and no one hit me at all until this morning. I ended up with over 800 points and I was in first with a 100+ point lead. After I realized I was in first with a 20 point lead I figured I'd just go for second on the second round of this instead. Picked up my Invisible Woman. Now I just need the 4* Wolverine and I'll have at least 1 cover for everyone. It is 29 characters total right now, right?

Edit: First time I've ended in first place too! Although I did manage to end in 2nd once when the top tier was 1-2.
  • Went to bed in 2nd. Woke up in 4th. Fought back to 2nd but could not hold it - too many people within a few points of each other - tried to sneak in a 6 point game at the end to get me back in 2nd but someone else must of done the same thing. Glad to get top 5 (was worried I'd overshoot into 1st). BWGS is now 4/3/4 from 3/3/4. Can max her our if I can pull 2nd in the second round. Otherwise the final green would still be great.
  • I tried to get the 3-5 reward because the only ***Widow i needed was red. But hovered around the 1-2 spot just to be safe. Yielded 4 times in the last minute to try to drop below 2nd, but alas, I still got 2nd. I feel bad and wish that extra cover could have gone to someone who needed it. O well. This yielding **** is getting tiresome. PLEASE offer better 1st place rewards! Take the **** characters off the tournament rewards list for a while and bring them back in a coule weeks when they have been fixed and they are worth something.
  • the moose wrote:
    Question for IceIX: I know you haven't been on the forums a lot lately. There seem to be a lot of haters at the moment so I can't blame you. But a quick question: Any chance the Original black widow covers in this tournament (or maybe the second one of the week) could include a black cover instead of Bluex2?

And if you can find this question buried in this thread it will be proof that the developers do read our comments and give them consideration as you continue to work out the kinks in the game. Thanks

Thank you!!!! The 2nd tourney has been fixed to reflect a black power for **Widow at 11-25 reward
  • the moose wrote:
    Thank you!!!! The 2nd tourney has been fixed to reflect a black power for **Widow at 11-25 reward

Hello, 11-25.
  • Was out last night, slept, went to work, just came home. So I pretty much didn't play the whole last day of the tourney. And ****, I placed 2nd ?! That's exactly what I wanted but didn't thought to get. Thanks guys, whoever was in my bracket and pushed me there.
  • Misguided wrote:
    the moose wrote:

Hello, 11-25.

Nice. Now I want either 2nd or 10-25 LOL icon_e_biggrin.gif. Will be fun to work this out. If it is all bunched up at the top I may just take it easy. I do need the final green for GSBW but still not sure I'd play her where I had fun with OBW last night. The good news is that anywhere from 2nd to 25th will give me something I need. Decisions...
  • I could not recall when was the last time I was so disappointed placing first. icon_mad.gif

I was in 2nd place the last 10 mins and have reserved 10 yield points just in case as the 3rd placer is less than 10 points behind. Lo and behold when I checked with less than a minute. I was already > 30 points ahead of everybody. I was not able to yield in time to place second or lower.

Ended finishing 1st .. QQ.
  • Guess I'll go for 11-25, although the only color I need for her still is black (pulled a black a couple days ago from a Heroic, but not about to spend 2000 HP on her). I really don't want yet another green IW, and nothing else has any interest to me.
    the moose wrote:
    PLEASE offer better 1st place rewards! Take the **** characters off the tournament rewards list for a while and bring them back in a coule weeks when they have been fixed and they are worth something.

I don't know why they've been pushing the IW covers so hard. She's even worse than 4* Wolverine.

Hoping Punisher covers are part of the weekend tournament.
  • I was 1st with over 1k TP when i went to sleep.... lost over 240 TP when i logged in and it gave me top 25 rewards icon_e_sad.gif... did anyone else that was top 25 have their rewards bugged out ? I recieved 2x Orig BW (Blue) and 1x Mordern BW (Purple)...i was like **** ?! even tho i didn't need it and the difference is only 25 ISO but still, that would suck for someone that needed the purple for Orig BW
  • ElectroBlast has a post in the News section saying that they are aware of the bugged rewards for the 1st half of the tournament and will be fixing it. No need to send a support request.
  • Yeah, saw that just now... oh well, guess i have a pretty weak team so people ate my TP... Thor (85), Wolvie (85), Rag (77).... can't wait till the free Green Rag coming up in the log-in bonus and need more spidey covers... not even worth putting iso into him atm :/
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, saw that just now... oh well, guess i have a pretty weak team so people ate my TP... Thor (85), Wolvie (85), Rag (77).... can't wait till the free Green Rag coming up in the log-in bonus and need more spidey covers... not even worth putting iso into him atm :/

I wouldn't call your team weak, but any time you get your score that high, people will attack you, no matter what team you have. The points are too hard to come by for anyone pushing for the upper progression awards.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    26-50. Got Blue Original Widow and Purple Modern Widdow when it is listed as both being Original. Checked rewards section, was indeed Modern Widow.
  • 26-50. Got Blue Original Widow and Purple Modern Widdow when it is listed as both being Original. Checked rewards section, was indeed Modern Widow.

See post from Electroblast in announcements. They are working on it.
  • Huh. So now I need to decide whether I want to shoot for my third Grey Suit green cover, or my first Original Fishnet black cover? Interesting.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Finished in the top ten and got my first Grey Widow. If I didn't have an interview to prepare for I could have finished in the top 5.