No Holds Barred

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Ech...my mmr was clearly lower than yours.
    That's probably it. First round was coming off of 2 tournaments I placed well in, wheras this one I had 2 lightning rounds to tank after top 2ing magneto
  • Finally got to 1100 after clearing 1000-1100 3 times. They should really just give you the tier reward if you see the tier in your point total.

Thought about going to 1300, but I think I'll keep my sanity.
  • Same for me, after 3 try with a loose of at least 35 points at the last time before reaching 1100, I finally managed to reach them icon_e_biggrin.gif

My team was : Thor 77/C. Storm 61/Wolvie 69. What was yours?
  • Since the Hulk missions are on an insanely long timer and work is going to be exceptionally dead today I'm going ahead and seeing how far I can get in NHB. Didn't want first so much this time around, but... meh.

Addicted? No... why do you as... OOH! Match6!
  • Just completed my 2nd run to 1100 this week. If only the prize had been a blue spider instead. Now he is at 1/1/5. Would love to see a blue progression reward in the weekend tournament.
  • the moose wrote:
    Just completed my 2nd run to 1100 this week. If only the prize had been a blue spider instead. Now he is at 1/1/5. Would love to see a blue progression reward in the weekend tournament.

You and me both... I only need one more blue cover. I've gotten 3 purple spidey's in hero packs as well... it is just... argh! So close yet so far!

That 1250 HP is looking more and more appealing... I just... it feels so cheaty...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just received a Purple Original Black Widow cover from the last tournament. I was hoping for a black cover instead. Oh well.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. I just received a Purple Original Widow too. Wasn't really expecting it since I finished top 75 the first round and it clearly stated that the reward was a Modern Widow cover. Guess that reward tier was a bug, too.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Huh. I just received a Purple Original Widow too. Wasn't really expecting it since I finished top 75 the first round and it clearly stated that the reward was a Modern Widow cover. Guess that reward tier was a bug, too.

Well, giving out a one star cover made little sense when the next tier down was three one-star tokens.
  • Well, it looks like I managed to screw myself again in this tournament. 8 hours to go and I'm still in 1st place with a 200 point lead. Hopefully I get attacked a lot more in the mean time. I want to drop to 2nd or top 25. Top 25 would probably be more beneficial for me. I just don't want to end in 1st again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkNemesis wrote:
    Same for me, after 3 try with a loose of at least 35 points at the last time before reaching 1100, I finally managed to reach them icon_e_biggrin.gif

A 2* team that isn't even maxed? Clearly you aren't listening to the whinners who say you need a maxed rag to be competitive icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Spoit wrote:
    ArkNemesis wrote:
    Same for me, after 3 try with a loose of at least 35 points at the last time before reaching 1100, I finally managed to reach them icon_e_biggrin.gif

A 2* team that isn't even maxed? Clearly you aren't listening to the whinners who say you need a maxed rag to be competitive icon_rolleyes.gif

That's ridiculous. You only need a low-mid level rags to be competitive.

(Edit: Oh I think he was asking me. I used 74 Wolvie/~59Rag/85Thor or 65 Spidey)
  • Spoit wrote:
    A 2* team that isn't even maxed? Clearly you aren't listening to the whinners who say you need a maxed rag to be competitive icon_rolleyes.gif[/quote]

He's clearly cheating by doing well without a maxed Rag. icon_lol.gif
  • I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I get my 3rd rag cover. I did NHB with a 72 Thor, 50 2* Wolverine, and a 32 Orig Widow. My rag is just 1 cover of each color and level 18. Not terribly useful just yet.

Edit: It's cool that it seems all future tournaments have 1st place getting all the additional rewards, I wish they'd update NHB to have that as well right now. Make my being stuck in first worth something.
  • I tanked myself down like 500 points just so I can be in the area to compete for 2nd place. Those Widow covers will help me a lot if I can get them for the 3* tourney.
  • My bracket currently has 6 players within 30 points of each other at the top; as it would seem no one is enthusiastic about getting Invisible Woman.
    Really glad the reward system's switched over to making 1st desirable; hopefully it'll avoid this kind of rank micromanagement.
  • My bracket currently has 6 players within 30 points of each other at the top; as it would seem no one is enthusiastic about getting Invisible Woman.
    Really glad the reward system's switched over to making 1st desirable; hopefully it'll avoid this kind of rank micromanagement.

There's little competition in my bracket for top 10. Very little movement. I don't understand why there aren't more people going after widow covers.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 3rd place right now with 770 points. FIrst place is 801 points; second is 798. I want 2nd but really really don't want 1st, so I'll be staying put for right now and see what the top 2 in my bracket do.
  • I'm in #12 with like 415 points, too lazy to try to get higher....plus don't have an open spot for Grey Widow (don't have any of her covers) LoL
  • Oh man, the suspense. I'm not sure if I got my last game off in time to push me to rank 2. I saw that I gained the points, but I didn't have time to review the leaderboard. Can't wait to know...!!