No Holds Barred

Comments

• They should have made first place both OBW (black) and GSBW covers. Then there would be a race for first!

-Greg
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Got 1st place... Inv Woman lvl 30. Meh.. I would pref if 1st place got you everything on the list but oh well
  • I went to bed at 1st and got up an hour early, 5am local, to find myself at 14th. Fought back up to first and then let my self slide into 2nd. Went back and forth a couple times before being dropped into 3-5 in the closing seconds. Drinking coffee and playing MPQ before the sun is up. Hell, yeah.
  • I was playing for top 10, and ended up 1st either due to people ahead of me tanking or getting attacked a lot. Didn't want IW, what a waste of a cover slot.
  • Just like to say I love these events not caring for losing points to def loses and the prizes could spread out a little more for lightning rounds otherwise great job on events
  • Hrm... The addition of the black cover complicates things. I need one more green widow cover to complete her, but I'd really like that black cover too. I don't need the blue, and I'm still undecided on purple, so I'd probably be throwing away a lot if I get black.

First round, I went to bed in first with 900 points. Didn't do anything at all this morning and landed top 10, exactly where I wanted to be.
  • If I didn't know any better, I'd say the computer getting 10-15 AP of every color in one move was the game's way of telling me to go to bed.
  • I was going for the coveted No2 spot like most everyone else.

Was 1st for most of the day (not intentionally, everyone else dropped back), waited it out, in the last 30 mins 1-2-3 made a push & pulled a decent lead on me, started tearing through battles to catch up, finish my last battle, get to the score screen, OMG they tanked and I'm FIRST! NOOOOOO! .. and there's less than a minute left!! I quickly entered a battle, retreat & yield, dropped me to No3. DOH!

Oh well, least it wasn't bagwoman!
  • While everyone is busy farming the Hulk event, I snuck up to 1100 to grab my last Spidey cover. Now I need to somehow tank 500 points to avoid IW.
  • datKrow wrote:
    While everyone is busy farming the Hulk event, I snuck up to 1100 to grab my last Spidey cover. Now I need to somehow tank 500 points to avoid IW.

Not hard. I subbed in bag man and dropped 400 points earlier.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    datKrow wrote:
    While everyone is busy farming the Hulk event, I snuck up to 1100 to grab my last Spidey cover. Now I need to somehow tank 500 points to avoid IW.
    You have 1100 points. Expect a LOT of retaliations. Don't tank intentionally just yet! You might lose more points than you want to.

Last time I ran up to 1100 points, I was at 700 the morning with like 18 hours left.
  • 700 would still be #1 in my current bracket :(

Might just sub stuff in and tank while I sleep, and let others get some easy progression rewards.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking the same thing - figured I'd get some progression rewards while everyone else was playing the new event. I stopped at 800, though, because I realized that it was going to take me forever to get to the Spidey cover with the matches I was getting (all about 15 points or so). And I didn't want to get too far ahead of my bracket. At the moment, I've dropped down to 675 and I'm still first. Second place is 631, though, so hopefully I'll be in a good place tomorrow.
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Ugh, I thought I could grind out a Spider-Man, but I got up to 1000 before the retaliations started, now I'm down to 885 icon_e_sad.gif Oh well. Guess I'll see if i can tank down to #2 and get the BW covers.
  • I'm not seeing enough points to push to 1000, anybody do it yet?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm not seeing enough points to push to 1000, anybody do it yet?

Ages ago...before Hulk started.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Yeah I just did 1100 a couple hours ago. Was actually way easier to find people in the 800s without high level rags than the first tourney. If you see me, feel free to hit, i won't retaliate
  • Misguided wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Ages ago...before Hulk started.

Ok i'll try it then icon_e_smile.gif
  • Matchmaking is so stupid the only person worth more than 13 points for me is a LVL 141 spidey / 115 Rag. And i'm only at 850 pts.

100 hero points aint worth this ****
  • Ech...my mmr was clearly lower than yours.