Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JoeHandle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:

@entrailbucket said:
    @DAZ0273 I really don't want them to cater to me. I'm using me as an example.

The problem is not that m'Thor beats my teams and I'm mad about it.

The problem is that m'Thor beats literally any team of any level. I think that's not terribly great for a game that has 300 characters or whatever and keeps releasing new ones. They can't tell us those new guys matter when one character can dominate like she does.

Deleteing mThor won't improve the dreck they've been releasing. Yes, 90% of everything is ****, and MPQ has been doing its part to demonstrate.

Continuing to let older releases (that once had utility!) moulder ... characters sliding from "use when boosted" down to "well, at least they have champ rewards ..." ... isn't helping the game's diversity, either.

I agree with this. But a big part of why these characters LOOK like dreck is that we're comparing them (rightly) to characters that are crazy strong. Is it faster/easier to knock down a few crazy strong guys, or buff 300 mediocre ones?

Reminds me of ... story time!

No ... they're dreck because they're dreck :D

Taking away the smoothest rolling wheel won't make the square wheels roll any smoother.

Stop cluttering up the game with quadrilateral "wheels" ... and put some air in the oldest, neglected tires.

Yes, it does. None of these characters exist in a vacuum. You can't evaluate them objectively, you can only judge them against each other.

When the 5* tier was relatively new, we all used OML/Phoenix for everything, and they were great. Over time, the tier passed them by. Were they objectively "dreck" back then, even though they were the best in the game? No. They only started looking bad when their power level decreased, relative to everybody else.

If m'Thor didn't exist, or was weaker, everyone else looks better.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,645 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What is the "m'Thor" thing about anyway? I guess this is a line nickname thing or something? It is sort of really annoying to me for some reason, lol!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What is the "m'Thor" thing about anyway? I guess this is a line nickname thing or something? It is sort of really annoying to me for some reason, lol!

It's so that people know they are referring to the 5*MightyThor vs other Thors. There too many of them to just say "Thor". It is very helpful to know which specific character is being discussed.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Google "m'lady meme."

Tips fedora

• DAZ0273
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

It's so that people know they are referring to the 5*MightyThor vs other Thors. There too many of them to just say "Thor". It is very helpful to know which specific character is being discussed.

Oh, I just call her Jane. I know there is a 4 version but nobody uses that one.

• DAZ0273
    Options

All I can say is my baby champed Gambit is absolutely wrecking any mmmbop Thor's I am meeting, it isn't even close, so if you want easy PvP this week getcha self a Gambit!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,011 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 April 2024, 13:17
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    All I can say is my baby champed Gambit is absolutely wrecking any mmmbop Thor's I am meeting, it isn't even close, so if you want easy PvP this week getcha self a Gambit!

Yeah, I'm seeing very few mthor teams this pvp and the ones I do are gambit fodder. With half thor fueling him red on top of his own passive she doesn't last long.

• BriMan2222
    edited 13 April 2024, 13:39
    Options

Also half thor and a big ascended juggernaut can one shot her and a big dr strange will blast her if she gets enough ap to start firing powers. This boost week is very anti Jane.

It's like the devs saw all the conversation about being sick of seeing her in pvp, and were like, have a week without her on us.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 April 2024, 14:07
    Options

The boost list is still largely chronological for 5s (and I think 4s, but I’m not tracking it closely).

They have mixed it up a little but BP, Strange, Gambit and Thor were all released within a year of each other. It was also when 5s were rarer. Thor immediately followed Gambit. (The Hellfire boost list moved things around a bit.)

Anyway they aren’t dynamically responding to player concerns imo.

• BriMan2222
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    The boost list is still largely chronological for 5s (and I think 4s, but I’m not tracking it closely).

They have mixed it up a little but BP, Strange, Gambit and Thor were all released within a year of each other. It was also when 5s were rarer. Thor immediately followed Gambit. (The Hellfire boost list moved things around a bit.)

I was mostly joking on that last comment

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@bluewolf said:

I was mostly joking on that last comment

Shoulda caught that! Kinda suspected that….but I couldn’t stop my inner pedant, I guess.