• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 March 2024, 08:04
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@rainkingucd said:

@rainkingucd said:

@rainkingucd said:
    With Goose (Chewie!) out, I'm going to go all in on her as my 3* favourite. Nearly all of my current 3* are Max-Max or close to as I kept my dupes when BCS was handing out all those retro rewards, so I have no real need to target any 3* unless I really wanted one in particular the 5* level.

So now I'll test how long it takes to max a 3* from scratch (hehe) before I can ascend.

Update: With the bonus pull rate now at an end, Goose is at 207.

She was my only 3* target the entire time, I've been pulling all my Standard/Heroic/Elite/Mighty tokens. 54 covers in 2 weeks. Will see how long it takes to get the next 59 covers without the bonus pull rate in effect. I'm guessing 8 more weeks.

Update 2: 1 week later, and Goose is at 224. 17 covers in a week from random pulls & shards. May slow down a bit this week with Boss Event, but I don't think it'll take another 8 weeks. Likely 3-4 depending on if the next batch of Ascension gives me some extra tokens to play with.

Update 3: Another week, and Goose is at 236. A little less this week, but 12-17 a week is pretty solid. Should be 2 more weeks until Goose is maxed, then a week more to have her ready to ascend.
    So guessing around 7 weeks to get a 3* Ascended from scratch if you go all in on them.

I'm also pleased with this month's Classics boosted draw list. My Deathlok dupe is at 2/2/1 right now, so the bonus draw rate should get him ready to ascend in Batch 4.

Plus my 4*Thor dupe is at 298, so a few more covers and Mighty Thor shards before I ascend her.

Update 4: exactly 6 weeks from release to max champ. Goose now at 266, and will start my dupe soon. Average draw rate was ~15 a week, so the bonus pull probably gave me ~25 covers (The Hunter is at 190 so seems about right).

1 more week and I can ascend a Max-Min Goose, or 7-8 more weeks and I can ascend a Max-Max Goose.

Will likely go for max min and switch over to maxing out the hold out 3* that I have (Magik just hit 266 and I need a dupe, She Hulk and Switch dupes are both at 250+)

Update! 3 Goose is now 4 Goose. A little longer than the anticipated 8 weeks, but not too far off. With her release in November, it took ~4 months to get a new 3* character to Max-Max ascension.

Now only ~200 more covers to go until she's 4* max champed and start this all over again. To get her max champed at the current rate, should take another 13 weeks or so.

That means if I go max-max again on the 3* (I won't go max max on the 4* ), by Christmas I should be looking at a 5* Goose, or about a year from release to 5* ascension.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

i opted to pivot to 3* scarlet witch after getting arcade to 4* myself. I've got a 266 and my dupe is at 2/3/3 currently.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I decided I was falling pretty far behind on champing 5s, so I focused on Weapon Hex. She jumped straight to 458, lot of saved covers banked on that one.

Hunter has 19 in the bank, Victor has one. I have a 1/1/0 Phyla-Vell and no idea what any of them do.

I've been working on getting Domino ascended, my base version is at 363, she was down in the 350s when I started. I feel like having good battery/cascade/match-n options at the 5* tier is a pretty good look for my play style. I do still have some new 4s to champ - Angela is at 1595 shards and 4 saved covers above 13, and moon girl has 2665 shards and 14 saved covers in the bank, so I guess I should unlock those rewards here at some point. Shaw is at 2/2/3.

4* characters waiting on iso to ascend are currently:
    Carnage
    Dazzler
    Elektra
    Riri
    Thing
    Lady Thor

A few others are relatively close but not quite mechanically interesting enough to chase over Domino:
    Blade 4/2/1
    C&D 4/4/2
    Hobofist 1/3/2
    Karnak 2/5/1
    Mockingbird 2/3/2
    Nebula 0/1/3
    Nova 1/0/0
    Quake 2/0/0
    Main Event 0/2/1
    TA Hulk 1/3/0
    Brock Venom 2/2/4

and a bunch of others up in the 360s without a dupe started.

I have ascended 3 3* characters:
    Arcade lvl 308
    Deadpool lvl 281
    Psylocke lvl 280

Currently pushing Scarlet witch dupe to a max-max merger, dupe is at 181

2* Ascended roster looks like:
    Hawkeye lvl 255
    Bullseye lvl 242
    Cap lvl 235
    Wolverine lvl 233
    Widow lvl 229
    Daken lvl 228
    Torch lvl 228 (also lvl 166, got one as a reward at some point from somewhere)
    Captain Marvel lvl 221
    Magneto lvl 221
    storm lvl 220
    Moonstone lvl 219
    Ares lvl 217
    Thor lvl 211

1* ascended roster is:
    Iron Man lvl 225
    Storm lvl 225
    Spider-Man lvl 223 (also 95, again a reward from somewhere)
    Hawkeye lvl 194 dupe at 0/0/1
    Widow lvl 193
    Juggernaut lvl 144 and 140, also 0/0/5
    Venom lvl 144, dupes at 3/5/5 and 1/3/4
    Yelena lvl 144, dupes at 3/5/5, 3/1/5, and 0/0/1

I currently have 6 empty roster slots

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dramatist said:
    I have 8.3 million Iso. But I have 27 4* dupes in some state between 1 and 12 covers. If they all finish at the same time I’ll be in Iso deficit again.

That’s scary to think about.

After opening tokens and applying tokens and Iso today I’m down to 3.5 million Iso. That’s 4.8 million in excess Iso spent in just over two months.

I might have to start playing lightning rounds again.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,133 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dramatist said:

@dramatist said:
    I have 8.3 million Iso. But I have 27 4* dupes in some state between 1 and 12 covers. If they all finish at the same time I’ll be in Iso deficit again.

That’s scary to think about.

After opening tokens and applying tokens and Iso today I’m down to 3.5 million Iso. That’s 4.8 million in excess Iso spent in just over two months.

I might have to start playing lightning rounds again.

I've been loosely tracking mine since Anniversary. It was very slowly increasing, but a combination of Ascension reducing Iso rewards and reducing farm income along with an increasing set of 1, 2, 3 and 4* dupes has seen the net reduction of about 1 million per 28 days. If I need to, I'll just ease off Sharding dupes for a while and let them grow naturally and ascend my 4*s if I want to use them, but at this rate I've got a year's grace and the game tactics will be different again by then.