Webslinger - 20-22.06 - Season III

Comments

• My bracket must be softer than some; I'm in second at 953, 9 points behind #1, and #6 is only 810. I imagine that will go up, but i'm not too worried about losing Yop 5 right now.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    My bracket's not too bad - I'm holding 10th with 830 but top 5 is probably a little too far out of range at over 950.

I'm half tempted to bust out of my shield to go for the token at 900 (and pretty much guarantee the top 10) but I just know I'll get jumped on or screw it up. As it is I had to abort my for charge for it thanks to a cascade from hell while I was on 850 - Punisher took almost 5000 just from match damage icon_e_confused.gif

Edit: I'm 1 whole point ahead of 11th icon_e_surprised.gif
  • HairyDave
    Anyone else getting comm link disruptions again?
  • Lol same thing happened to me as a while ago-

I got above 1200 in the very last seconds, so the after battle screen showed 1164pts. But when I went into main screen, I got info about 1200 progression reward, and now I keep on getting "unable to claim reward" info.

As for my bracket - I finished above 1200, #2 was at 1011 for a day. #3-10# at about 880 - 780. So pretty nice relaxing bracket.

Dunno if it's because of those new top5 rewards or because I took Season2 considerably easy, but I feel like being competetive again. Pushing, shield jumping - we'll see how long it'll last. icon_e_wink.gif

EDIT: Got 1200 Progression Reward. Now have the same issue with Season2 3500pts Progression Reward icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    What the heck is going on? I climbed up to 900 and my shield expired. My bad. I lost like 160pts before I logged back in. My mistake. I get back up to 800s and then tanked a fight for a forumite. And started fighting again with my regulars. Then like 100 people saw my tank team and I fell down to 207 in five minutes. 600 pts lost. Then I get back up to 806 with 5 minutes to go and lost another 100 to **** teams again. What the heck MPQ?
  • user311 wrote:
    What the heck is going on? I climbed up to 900 and my shield expired. My bad. I lost like 160pts before I logged back in. My mistake. I get back up to 800s and then tanked a fight for a forumite. And started fighting again with my regulars. Then like 100 people saw my tank team and I fell down to 207 in five minutes. 600 pts lost. Then I get back up to 806 with 5 minutes to go and lost another 100 to **** teams again. What the heck MPQ?
    Above certain threshold You are visible to everyone, including Daredevil.

In this tourney, it was above 800.
  • I don't see a post-tourney recap. Maybe they removed it to ease the load on the server?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't see a post-tourney recap. Maybe they removed it to ease the load on the server?
    I have it.
  • I just got the recap now that the hamsters have been revived. Apparently got 11th... Damn! I would have liked the extra Iso-8 and HP. Happy to get 2 HT covers, though.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't see a post-tourney recap. Maybe they removed it to ease the load on the server?
    I have it.

Weird.

Edit: I rebooted and it appeared
  • weird pvp. no one in my bracket pushed at all (well nemek w/ 3h left, but that's cause he was saving hp). #10 was 790. i guess it was because of the pve? dunno, usually sunday pvps are horrible zombie horde runs, but not today.
  • Gah, we were so close to no.1
    if only i finished my last fight in time... icon_e_sad.gif
    I only got 2 hits when i was at 700ish and won both, then made my way to 1345 with only 2 shields, and no one attacked me during my run or even after I shielded, thanks people!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i got an easy bracket, got 1021 and second place(1st was 1060) and 10th was just under 800, nice relaxing bracket all around.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, ended up getting 5th with 930 points using 0 shields. Yay for high level spidey and 0 defensive losses!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit wrote:
    Also, not only are retaliations bugged by matching you with defensive wins, apparently retreating still puts your defensive team in now. I retreat tanked to push one of my alliance members out of the no-node MMR buckets, but in the couple minutes it took to do another fight, I lost 400 points, and even an hour later I'm still getting random hits from random 2* teams

Yeah, you gave me a def win as well (+5 I think) and it put you in my queue for a thank you retaliation. I did go after your loaner spidey/fury/iw team at the last minute just to see what points it would give. Hope that 1 point loss didn't hurt you. icon_lol.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, ended up getting 5th with 930 points using 0 shields. Yay for high level spidey and 0 defensive losses!
    I was dreading that you were going to jump both my wife and me in the final hour, so grats on saving up those HP icon_e_wink.gif
    She got her first blue Baglady, so high fives all around.

I expected more competition for Torch covers though, t10 was pretty low.
  • HairyDave
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I expected more competition for Torch covers though, t10 was pretty low.
    Mine went from 1150ish for 1st down to my 827 for 10th. I wasn't going to complain icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    I was dreading that you were going to jump both my wife and me...

that sounded... wrong...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    laoahpeh wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I was dreading that you were going to jump both my wife and me...

that sounded... wrong...
    Leapfrog then icon_razz.gif