Webslinger - 20-22.06 - Season III

Options

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Frubzy wrote:
    Still dont regret selling spidey and leveling daken.
    This is exactly how i feel
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pushed to 1.1k the last two events for the covers. Yellow Spidey? DO NOT WANT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rewards added for the first post.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Soooo.... what's the consensus about best HT build? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Currently top 25 in storm tourney, which will bring Spidey to 3/2/5, so I can top 25 the Spidey tourney, so I can have a 5/1/4 torch, then spend tons of iso to bring him from lv15 to lv102 instantly, so I can top 25 the next tourney. easy.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    5/3/5 I think.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I too do not regret selling spidey... but if I can get top 5, I will be at 2/4/2 for torch. Which is fine because I can respec later, but it will get him leveled for hot shot.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    5 in red is a must. Everything else depends on who you run him with. If you're never going to use green (e.g. pairing w/ Lazy Thor) might want to go 5/5/3. If you really like blue, purple and yellow AP you might want to go with 5/3/5. 5/4/4 is a good middle ground. All his abilities increase damage dealt with additional covers but they don't have AP increases/decreases or anything like that so really you just need to pick your favorite colors.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Basically I'm going 553 because I'm always running him with a better green user it seems and black is better for defense. It helps the reasons cover drops I've gotten put him at 442 atm.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I already have his black at 5 and really dug it during the last PVE where he was buffed. Even at L100 or so he was cranking out a lot of damage per turn with those attack tiles. 553 will be my build once I have the covers for them.

Also, I just realized a horrible truth about this event. Bag-man is locked out and unselectable. All is lost.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm starting to think retaliations against people who lost to you is an anti-tank weapon. I keep getting "You were attacked: +0" messages from people I suicided against. Guess I should hold off before starting to actually push. They may intend this to encourage people not to tank. It won't work, but I still wonder.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 is good if you wanna maximize green's damage and expect him to be the only green user, 5/5/3 is good if you expect him to die cause attack tiles will stay on the board when he dies unlike countdown tiles.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 is good if you wanna maximize green's damage and expect him to be the only green user, 5/5/3 is good if you expect him to die cause attack tiles will stay on the board when he dies unlike countdown tiles.
    Does how you build your heroes have any effect on how the AI plays them? Not that it effects your statement any, but the way you said it makes it sound like putting black to 5 would make AI prioritize getting off the black ability over the green ability (which it probably does already if it just matches based on total damage since black is higher than green), and so I was wondering if this is possibly the case (I doubt it, but it would make things a little more interesting).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Nah it won't affect the AI. Agreed though that 5/5/3 seems better on defense. A squishy guy with 5000 health isn't very good on defense in general but I remember HT screwing me pretty hard a few times.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Nah it won't affect the AI. Agreed though that 5/5/3 seems better on defense. A squishy guy with 5000 health isn't very good on defense in general but I remember HT screwing me pretty hard a few times.

Phrasing
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find that HT either does absolutely nothing on defense or almost wipes me. I guess that's probably the point with a guy like that. Also no-brainer that 5/5/3 is better on defense since the AI just uses the green ability again if it gets another 5 AP.

To get things slightly back on topic: I am not looking forward to this event in the least. Tons of veterans have maxed out spideys (being around *only* 130-ish days means I barely have any Spidey at all) and the defense tiles being thrown around are going to make matches go long. Not that he's threatening at all, but give the AI enough time and they'll eventually super-cascade into a bunch of abilities and kill you.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've got sod-all Spidey too (3/2/1 L30) so this one's going to be a slow, boring grind.

Would it be worth the effort - and ISO - to push him up to his soft=cap of 53? I doubt it would deter most of the OBW/Ares team who'll attack me anyway but there might be some benefit I'm not seeing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I find that HT either does absolutely nothing on defense or almost wipes me. I guess that's probably the point with a guy like that. Also no-brainer that 5/5/3 is better on defense since the AI just uses the green ability again if it gets another 5 AP.

To get things slightly back on topic: I am not looking forward to this event in the least. Tons of veterans have maxed out spideys (being around *only* 130-ish days means I barely have any Spidey at all) and the defense tiles being thrown around are going to make matches go long. Not that he's threatening at all, but give the AI enough time and they'll eventually super-cascade into a bunch of abilities and kill you.
    8zAG3dO.jpg
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The blown up spider-man art in the event window looks awesomely ditko-esque
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    The blown up spider-man art in the event window looks awesomely ditko-esque
    btw. here's what spider-man would look like if it was Jack Kirby who created him:

tumblr_m3q1zw8aom1qbndfn.jpg