The "Mystery"-Men

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yep. Flo should decide for themselves, of course, but coming here and letting others at least know what a 'champion' posts like, would be nice. Oh and explain the roster choices, even if it's truly Phantron's wet dream and it triggers some hidden low MMR and easy wins mechanisms, it's not like everyone will rush to delete their rosters.
    I wouldn't, I like to stare at IW's uncanny art sometimes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm guessing their obvious sluggishness at catching extremely obvious cheaters like watercat has encouraged less scrupulous elements of the player base to leverage that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:
    TBH, he could come on here and just say he spends a fortune on boosts, health packs and shields because he wants to and, while the devs should still check everything is above board, the forumites would likely put the pitchforks away icon_exclaim.gif

Most likely they would shame him for spending money on the game when they are doing "just as well without spending anything".

As said it's d3's responsibility. Of course you are going to remember the cheaters you caught. But as I've noticed there was also a lot of mud-slinging towards genuine players. I can guarantee most people won't bother with an apology. It's not our place to make conjectures when we don't know all the facts.
    If you want to make a thread about cheating make it "D3 please be more active against cheaters" and not "These players suck and may be cheaters, lets bash them".
    For all we know the cheaters will be back again next week under a different name while the honest player's reputation is forever tarnished even if they are "exonerated".

There have been numerous accounts like this where players were confirmed as cheaters and removed from the game. The same people are reporting the same sets of facts & its all very the same. People are incensed not because of pay to win. WE ALL GET THAT.

Its CHEAT TO WIN that has everyone condemning Flo98. The circumstances are too suspicious. We are making a public stink about it because cheating is inexcusable. Beat a 212 patch 141 cmag w/o a max LT 3X times in 3 minutes?!?!? That's obviously cheating There is no game scenario that allows that w/o at least a speed hack (usable in steam) and quite possibly an iap hack to "buy" everything.

Then being too afraid to defend those outrageous scores??? Right, someone who is showy enough to outscore everyone by a ton is too afraid to type. Then all the vague answers of "new system" "inside knowledge" "we are just better" coupled w Flo is forbidden to be on here??? Right, all so very convenient

So that is why people are fired up. Just so everyone is clear
  • Unknown
    Options
    I feel you only read half of my post before you submitted your response.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

So if I see someone playing like a cheater, with circumstances like previous confirmed & removed cheaters, I am just supposed to be quiet cause "they might not be" or "they spent a lot & this is spending shame"???

Cause NO

cheaters get tossed cause they get called out. When the absolute best players (people who have won S1 & S2) say beating 212 patch & 141 cmag 3 times in 3 minutes is not doable, they stinks of cheating.

So yeah I read what you wrote, I just don't feel you are correct. Sorry
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

So if I see someone playing like a cheater, with circumstances like previous confirmed & removed cheaters, I am just supposed to be quiet cause "they might not be" or "they spent a lot & this is spending shame"???

Cause NO

cheaters get tossed cause they get called out. When the absolute best players (people who have won S1 & S2) say beating 212 patch & 141 cmag 3 times in 3 minutes is not doable, they stinks of cheating.

Trying to be a voice of reason here, people are pretty emotional about this it seems. I think what PPPlaya is saying is NOT that you/we should be quiet cause they might not be cheaters, but that there is already a place to accuse/report cheaters (a CS ticket I suppose) so people should be using that instead of this public forum.

Personally I can see where he's coming from but I had no problem with Jozier's original post. It's more the name calling and vitriol that the thread kind of degenerated into that I really dislike. I appreciate Twysta greatly for keeping things light in here, without him this thread would have been unbearable long ago.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To me, the saddest part about this entire situation is that it could be avoided if this game had any form of anti-cheat whatsoever. In fact, if the Devs had just an ounce of foresight so many of this game's issues could be mitigated. It could be something as simple as devoting 20% of the work week to address things like cheating, server issues, character balance, improving the alliance system that you have chosen to focus your game on. But no, it seems that every Dev is just a lazy yes man fixated on the never-ending event treadmill and the mythical $1 ARPDAU. Lack of vision and laziness is just killing the long-term potential of MPQ. So sad.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find forum bickering unbearable mostly.
    You're fighting over the internet... over a game - where you win nothing of significant value other than bragging rights and battle out who has the bigger e-peen.

It's understandable people have gripes and grievances, I myself have my reservations about some people but starting an all out flame war on a Comic Hero game forum just seems really... pointless
    Everyone here is here to play the same game and most are into the same Comics or the Marvel Universe.

No one likes a cheater, but no one wants to see anyone wrongly accused either (or maybe some do, who knows).
    A subtle or gentle ribbing is fine but as I said previously, if you guys are going to start going at each other it would probably come off a whole lot better if you take any offensive statements with a pinch of salt and reply in a humourous fashion... because everyone loves a laugh.

And we'd all rather sit and relax while we're reading about and playing MPQ rather than arguing about it.

"I bet my alliance could beat up your alliance."

I suspect that there are some members of the x-men are suspicious too, but if they even gave a hint that they thought so too that player would instantly be deemed cheater with the reference of said teammate agreeing with the mob. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

Cause NO

Trying to be a voice of reason here, people are pretty emotional about this it seems. I think what PPPlaya is saying is NOT that you/we should be quiet cause they might not be cheaters, but that there is already a place to accuse/report cheaters (a CS ticket I suppose) so people should be using that instead of this public forum.

Personally I can see where he's coming from but I had no problem with Jozier's original post. It's more the name calling and vitriol that the thread kind of degenerated into that I really dislike. I appreciate Twysta greatly for keeping things light in here, without him this thread would have been unbearable long ago.

Correct. If you have a problem with a player, send in a ticket. Publicly calling out people is not the way to go.
    I mentioned that Jozier kept the OP as non-accusatory as possible but the outcome of the thread was to be expected.

If you really want to call somebody out, make threads that D3 finally fix the loopholes. Banning people is only a temporary solution since there will always be more. Patching up the game to prevent people from cheating should be the priority and focus here.

I admit I had fun with the thread and the eloquent way naz chose to defend his Alliance. Everybody loves Drama but since nobody from X-Men is actually responding and addressing the concerns anymore it's not very productive(or fun).
  • Unknown
    Options
    This whole thread is just people crying cause they can't score as high. Why would alliance group with 5 alliances and 100 players only have 4 people using a "cheat" seems like more would use this "cheat" out of 100. Grow up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

Cause NO

Correct. If you have a problem with a player, send in a ticket. Publicly calling out people is not the way to go.
    I mentioned that Jozier kept the OP as non-accusatory as possible but the outcome of the thread was to be expected.

If you really want to call somebody out, make threads that D3 finally fix the loopholes. Banning people is only a temporary solution since there will always be more. Patching up the game to prevent people from cheating should be the priority and focus here.

I admit I had fun with the thread and the eloquent way naz chose to defend his Alliance. Everybody loves Drama but since nobody from X-Men is actually responding and addressing the concerns anymore it's not very productive(or fun).

I agree that your approach is preferred PPPlaya, but as Twysta will tell you from experiences that Reckless and other in shield have had, is that only turning in CS tickets is not enough. It took MONTHS of multiple people sending in tickets about watercat to get watercat removed.

Cheating in pve w speed hack is a problem cause you accumulate scores
    cheating in pvp w speed hack is game integrity issues because cheaters steal points from clean players

Reckless basically asked the mods to leave this thread open to allow the devs to read what we have seen. That is why this thread is still open & we people are detailing things & naming names. Again, cause CS tickets alone are not enough
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also the eloquent answers in this thread are quite amusing
    Lance Armstrong & Alex Rodriguez & their lawyers would all be proud
    Congrats to all for reminding us of them
  • Unknown
    Options
    And the speed is not an issue. There are 2 characters on here that together kill a whole team, any team, in less than one min. Then you heal and repeat.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Please don't witch hunt. If you're going to push an accusation, please do so via tickets. This thread *does* raise some generally good points about the nature of cheating in a game such as this. Discussions about that general nature are unavoidable. But calling out specific players should *never* be something that goes on on these forums.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    They'll probably lock this thread for shaming players like they did the thread I started after season one. Guess who I listed a questionable? gbr33 and watercat. I think experienced players have a pretty good sense of what is kosher and what isn't. Maybe threads like these could help the Devs look at whether there are hacks or cheating going on, or if other odd tactics are being used to game the system.

Yes you're right
    I shall go ahead and do this

Oops it looked like I misclicked and stickied this post instead of locking it
    I shall take all blame for the last twenty pages of posts
This discussion has been closed.