The "Mystery"-Men

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

and that's naz in the background....watching....

Just for that, i now consider you as my friend, and i will hereby be known as ThatOneGuyjb189513.

cause we're friends.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    There was a whole guild of people in Star Wars Galaxies who would use variations on the same word-salad name intentionally. It was a gang of Wookies who did it becauseit made it hard for opponents to target them in a zerg-rush if you had to make sure you typed Kashyyk vs Kashyyyk, K@shyyk, etc.

Not to mention Zathras.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Oh btw - isn't it a possibility that players with fishy rosters able to score high and with lots of HP to spend on shield hopping are actually game reviewers who give MPQ very good ratings? It does explain why CS takes a long time to ban them, or ignore about them no matter how many emails you guys send in.

I've done a number of mobile game reviews on a freelance basis for a couple of established sites, and that practice is nearly non-existent. I heard stories (most of which were probably urban legends), but it never happened while I was actively writing. They might give a reviewer a small dose of in-game currency up front so that they can thoroughly explore game mechanics, but that's about it. Anyone making/attempting to make a living with mobile game reviews (all 8 of them) is going to be playing so many games and doing so many write-ups that sinking months into a single game is essentially cutting off their income.

Not saying it's impossible, just veeeery unlikely.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options

Just for that, i now consider you as my friend, and i will hereby be known as ThatOneGuyjb189513.

cause we're friends.
    So who gets to be TheUnwyseOne?
  • Unknown
    Options
    We need a pve event based on this thread! Pure fun!
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

cause we're friends.
    So who gets to be TheUnwyseOne?

I have no friends icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    We need a pve event based on this thread! Pure fun!

Decimation event, pls, so we can get the world down to just 198 mutants / X-Men.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How long has this been here?
    Out of nowhere I see a pinned post with 18 pages full of controversy and these last few days I would check the forums and think "Wow, things are pretty slow here lately"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Similar enough names to associate people as friends has been a custom in many games that I have played in the past, not usually this similar, but it's certainly not so unheard of that you must instantly brand them hackers or cheaters.
    Toxicadam wrote:
    ChrisD94 wrote:
    People introducing friends to games and creating very similar names has been happening for a very long time...
    icon_lol.gif
    Careful there, you might pull a muscle.

So, what's the angle here. The hacked account gets to buy 20 slots then it steps aside or gets boxed and then the Xmen have another new 20 accounts to play with.
    All of them have joined whilst the alliances have already had 20 opened spots, and that fact that you are actually looking for angles to base your theories of cheating on is quite simply ridiculous.
    Lycra wrote:
    Okay, Flo aside. These fellas are the new "Mystery" X-Men that needs some explaining. Goodness gracious... what's up with all this dubious activity all in this alliance?
    The dubious activity is non-existant, and people are doing what they can to reduce the credibility of an alliance that they are competing against. Bad sports is what I call them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lycra wrote:
    bonebreak wrote:

There are players of all types in the "mystery men". I'm just a player like anyone else. Trying to hold on for more covers icon_e_smile.gif

Bonebreak, you seem like a genuinely decent bloke, and sensible to boot. You're in X-Men 2, so you clearly know how the game operates as well. So, if you're convinced by what Flo98 told you (though, may I add, like us, you were initially intrigued by his performance), then fine - I believe you. I still don't know how or why Flo's roster looks the way it does, and I don't think that's the way to play the game. But for what it's worth, in my mind, the case is settled - Flo98 isn't a cheater.

Cheers.

PS: This thread is exhausting for an X-Men I'm sure. It's been good value for the neutrals though. But if you read through the posts made by your fellow X-Men, you might see why it degenerated and dragged on the way it did. It takes two hands to clap, for sure, but I think you get my drift.

PSS: Majority (>80%) of the 5DVs make a profit every PVP. Me included. You can ask Psykopathic if you like. That's the only bit in your post I felt I needed to comment on.

I'm not here to stand up for anyone or excuse anyone of anything. I dont agree with how a lot of people in this thread have acted regardless of alliance. Thats why its exhausting. Not because its an attack on "us". I dont care about that. Its more that it becomes insult slinging on all ends. That is whats exhausting.

I dont doubt you at all that 80% of the guys "profit" in pvp. I cant speak for xmen numbers but for myself I generally profit or break even on a easy tourney where I have characters, or slightly lose HP on a very difficult one. This Hood one was the most difficult tourney I've done since season 1. But this thread was never about the 80% was it? Its about the 5% on the opposite side.

As far as the Flo stuff it doesnt matter if you've been convinced. Everyone will continue to watch that player and all the top scorers in the top alliances. The roster is outside the range of normal for a top scorer there is no question. This games framework and systems allow people different paths to a score. Some people can win 1st in a pve with only lvl 50s. Others can obtain massive scores with only 1 141 on the roster. The game probably needs a big overhaul......
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The entertainment value of this thread is huge. Thanks to everyone involved.

Also, I'm very amused by the fact that the person who forbids alliance members from posting on the forums has now temporarily been forbidden to post on the forums.

IT'S LIKE RAAIIIINNNNN... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    ChrisD94 wrote:
    All of them have joined whilst the alliances have already had 20 opened spots, and that fact that you are actually looking for angles to base your theories of cheating on is quite simply ridiculous.

How do you know? Those alliances had to be created by some account. Which accounts were the ones responsible for opening all those slots?

The only 'ridiculous' thing happening in this thread is your contortions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    IT'S LIKE RAAIIIINNNNN... icon_mrgreen.gif

It's like a free cover... when you've already paid
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    ChrisD94 wrote:

How do you know? Those alliances had to be created by some account. Which accounts were the ones responsible for opening all those slots?

My contortions? I have simply answered the other posters and replied to other comments.
    Clf, and both Laokoons joined later than myself, into X5, for which Kakko personally bought all 20 slots.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    ChrisD94 wrote:

On a serious note...
    Guys, go easy.
    Chris actually posted a really constructive post earlier - albeit for some reason he was encouraged to delete it.
    There's no need to start maiming every x-men member who posts here, they're well within their right to defend their teammates or offer up explanations, even if some do seem a bit outlandish.
    I believe the point of this thread wasn't so much to accuse people of cheating but to inquire as to the prospect of it.
    I'm sure there's plenty of guys in X-Men who are completely legit and don't deserve the flak that they're getting - only takes 1 to ruin it for everyone else.
    That being said, some of the things said from other members aren't helping but a little respect goes a long way.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't honestly care either way, the way the reward structure is in this game, any 'cheating' only really effects those at the very tippy-top. I've never had the desire to compete there. It's just a silly mobile game.

I just find it curious to see people fiercely defending something that might be nonsense. Human nature usually dictates that you ignore it, unless you have something to hide.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So now Flo98 is leading the LR with 100 points more than the person in 2nd.

He doesn't have a single boosted character except for Patch.

He's a cheater, through and through.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:

The devs may get around to looking at them by season 5 or so, if the last few bans are any indication.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jozier wrote:

Well, either...

A. He isn't cheating and he's trying to wreck house to prove a point.
    B. He is cheating and gives zero tinykitties what anyone thinks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He's shielded now as well. I feel like constantly refreshing to see if he starts hopping in a LR... Lol. I got work to do though.
This discussion has been closed.