The "Mystery"-Men

Options

Comments

• Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    http://imgur.com/a/WF1r3

Here's an album showing his hopping. I didn't get a screenshot of when he dropped to 479 and then all of a sudden was at 527.
    Just goes to show; you can shield-hop all you want, but you can't beat reckless when she's in the zone! icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Keep in mind that he uses a team of: loaner, Daken, LT.

Even with full boosts and just matching green over and over again, it would take you two full CTS to take out a Patch.

That's ignoring Hulk, who cannot be taken down by LT without at least 3 CTS.

Oh, and Flo98 doesn't even have a max LT, so he's only doing 3600 a CTS.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    http://imgur.com/a/WF1r3

Here's an album showing his hopping. I didn't get a screenshot of when he dropped to 479 and then all of a sudden was at 527.
    Just goes to show; you can shield-hop all you want, but you can't beat reckless when she's in the zone! icon_eek.gif

I also retreated 24 points to her because I'll be damned if I'm letting Flo98 win.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    Lycra wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Has anyone seen him this LR? Is he still doing the Daken/Sentry + loaner thing? His MMR must be severely out of whack to not be losing 40+ points left and right.

Yes I saw him twice. He's running Daken and LT.

Even with full boosts, that'll take forever to kill any team with a 212 patch. And that's basically all you get in the latter stages. I don't know what to make of it to be honest.

*cough* 1 hit KO hack *cough*
    Yep. That's the type of fact that needs to be reported to CS. Say when it happened and in what event. I like to think that my last report on gbr33, which gavr times and number of attacks, is what finally got the Devs to act.

Even with boosts and a favorable board, flo's team does not wipe out AlexC's that fast.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So that 3 point difference between the last 2 screens must have been due to one of the 5DV who couldn't beat him and gave him defensive points, says Nazerith.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    So that 3 point difference between the last 2 screens must have been due to one of the 5DV who couldn't beat him and gave him defensive points, says Nazerith.

Funnily enough, that was the one time I actually looked at the scoreboard to check it out firsthand.

Flo98 unshielded and immediately lost points (within about 5 seconds.) So it was a pretty unfortunate unshield timing, since somebody happened to be attacking him at that time....though not terribly surprising since he easily has the worst team in the top 5. No worries, though...20 seconds later he got those points back and shielded out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    is flo watercat?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Regalis wrote:

I think it's literally impossible for any of 5DV to lose and give him defensive points.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    is flo watercat?
    More likely an alt account for Gipsydanger aka Kakko. They seem to hop in alternating fashion, but close together. You'll also notice that Gipsy wasn't in that LR.
  • Unknown
    Options
    nazerith wrote:
    really makes me feel like my 183 IQ is not that overrated.

h2490D2E2
  • Unknown
    Options
    This thread should really be more about MPQ implementing systems that sort out cheaters automatically. When somebody makes a 1 Hit KO the game should take a note of that. Plus I imagine they have ways of tracking how much people are spending.

Something I don't think a lot of people in this thread realize is that if those people are really spending hundreds of dollars on the game monthly, then this thread is highly toxic for the game. I've seen a lot of people shaming (only got to page 7, from there on it was the same over and over) players who spend money on the game. Really? They are the reason you can play for free. The more they spend the better. And if they really spent 50 Dollars to get 1st, good on them. Not to mention how much time it costs.

I disagree with this whole thread and believe its poisonous to the game as a whole. If you suspect somebody of cheating, report them. And let the developers deal with them. They will need to introduce ways that catch cheaters automatically but that's not your concern. Accidentally accusing somebody of cheating publicly when they are really just spending a lot of money can never be a thing.

In my opinion this whole thread is toxic garbage and it was a mistake to sticky it.

As a sidenote can somebody explain that shield hopping to me? It's made out to be that they finish a match, shield up and join another match. But wouldn't that break your shield immediatelly?
  • Unknown
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    I disagree with this whole thread and believe its poisonous to the game as a whole. If you suspect somebody of cheating, report them. And let the developers deal with them. They will need to introduce ways that catch cheaters automatically but that's not your concern. Accidentally accusing somebody of cheating publicly when they are really just spending a lot of money can never be a thing.

this makes no sense, how can it not be a thing when we are doing it right now. If hes not cheating then whatever we all look like idiots for calling him out and having a whole topic about it while he can continue to support the game with his cash.

But right now everything he is doing and the looks of his roster is awfully suspicious
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    9nxd3.jpg
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    But if even a particle of that money is spent illegally and gets reported, that would be even more 'toxic' for D3 than not suddenly getting some whale money. I am sure that the rest of the playerbase spend enough to cover top 10 alliance whale 'losses'.
    I am not sure though why would anyone do that in MPQ since the game doesn't have a P2P economy like TF2 does (and there were carding cases in TF2 all the time, maybe much fewer now).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    9nxrq.jpg
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

this makes no sense, how can it not be a thing when we are doing it right now. If hes not cheating then whatever we all look like idiots for calling him out and having a whole topic about it while he can continue to support the game with his cash.

But right now everything he is doing and the looks of his roster is awfully suspicious

Not sure if serious Fry

Assuming the accused isn't affected by this in any way shape or form. However that's not how accusations work in real life. I am convinced you will be the first to send an Apology their way.

This is guilty until proven innocent.

I have to differente between the OP and the thread in general. The OP wrote everything up in a non-accusatory way(might be debatable) but the thread devolved into what is it right now (which was to be expected, which is why the thread shouldn't have been stickied).

@locked: Which is exactly the reason it should be d3's problem. Ban people who are spending fake money and don't let the peasants throw mud at the whales.

For what it's worth: If I was Flo, I for sure wouldn't let naz represent me (LOL) in this thread and make a comment before everything devolves into speculation.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

Watercat was possibly the most obvious cheater ever. I personally reported him repeatedly with specifics. There was no way spending could have made what was happening possible and he was STILL cheating his way through PvP events for weeks. So in an ideal world just report it and it gets investigated in a timely manner so no harm done. In reality cheaters keep going for ages after being reported repeatedly, taking rewards which are never retroactively handed to the honest players who should have got them.

I'm not saying Flo or any members of XMEN are necessarily cheating but when something is suspicious (and with the best will in the world his success with that roster and , more importantly for me, rate of wins are BOTH suspicious) and it's someone taking 1st place prizes a little publicity might get the Devs to look into it in a more timely fashion.

If they look into it and he is genuinely buying the HP he's using plus his, presumably tracked, win times aren't ridiculous then they can come on and exonerate him easily enough.

TBH, he could come on here and just say he spends a fortune on boosts, health packs and shields because he wants to and, while the devs should still check everything is above board, the forumites would likely put the pitchforks away icon_exclaim.gif
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Even if someone suspected of cheated came here to says he buys a lot of hp, it wouldn't prove anything.

The only truth is that the game has an inability to catch cheater and we can't trust D3's ability or will to fix it. This creates the environment we're in where every one is suspected of cheating. It's not very healthy.

The steam version still has major exploits created by minor bugs present since its release...
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    EDIT: On second thought, I'm putting a pin in this one for a bit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    TBH, he could come on here and just say he spends a fortune on boosts, health packs and shields because he wants to and, while the devs should still check everything is above board, the forumites would likely put the pitchforks away icon_exclaim.gif

Most likely they would shame him for spending money on the game when they are doing "just as well without spending anything".

As said it's d3's responsibility. Of course you are going to remember the cheaters you caught. But as I've noticed there was also a lot of mud-slinging towards genuine players. I can guarantee most people won't bother with an apology. It's not our place to make conjectures when we don't know all the facts.
    If you want to make a thread about cheating make it "D3 please be more active against cheaters" and not "These players suck and may be cheaters, lets bash them".
    For all we know the cheaters will be back again next week under a different name while the honest player's reputation is forever tarnished even if they are "exonerated".
This discussion has been closed.